1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Chapter 4 (The Arrival of Durge) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Errant_Venture, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah, and to do that, you have to go to extremes at times...
  2. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    The whole point of this episode is to introduce the new bad guy Durge and show how formidable an enemy he is for Obi-Wan to beat. I think they succeeded.

Didn't really impress me, only succeeded in being ridiculous imho. Really sad, but then i never liked Durge anyway or Ventress.

Yeah, and to do that, you have to go to extremes at times...

Which have some sense of believability about them. This however had none.
  3. -Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I saw this chapter the other day, and thought it was cool! The only thing I dislike
    about it was the fact that Obi-Wan was not in it, and Anakin for only a min. :)
  4. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    This wasn't my favorite episode. The Republic forces should have been able to take care of the IG droids and Durge, and not be defeated there like they were.
  5. -Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    So far I liked chapter 1 & 2 the best, mainly because they had more of a story, with action, than just action. :)
  6. Mange Force Ghost

star 4
    Overall, a good episode. The introduction of Durge and the IG-88's were... well, it was good to see them, but I think they knocked out the SPHA-T's far to easily. San Hill wasn't a favourite of mine from AOTC (IMHO he was the only CG character that actually LOOKED like a CG character), but it was very suitable to put him here (besides the awful Swedish voice, the Swedish voicecast really sucks). It was fun to also see some other Muuns besides San Hill.
  7. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I agree.

I'm not liking the lance idea.
  8. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Maybe the SPHA-T's have a low defense due to their high attacks.
  9. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked this chapter. As a person who likes the old king authur stuff. I like how they had the old knight with a lance on a charger (horse) modernized to the black knight with electric lance on a swoop bike. I think some one mention the black knight part earlier. I wonder if we will see a joustling match.

10. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I wonder if we will see a joustling match.

Not one, but lots of them. Obi-Wan and some lancer clones will take on Durge and his IG droids in Chapter 8.
  11. Jon_Bidinger Jedi Knight

star 2
    My theory on the SPHA-Ts vs. Durge and IGs is that possibly these high powered energy lances send a charge throughout the systems of the SPHA-Ts and overloading the engines. KABLOOIE! That could also explain the rearing up of the AT-TE. It was a systems malfunction caused by the charge seconds before the engine blew. Also Durge's yell during the closing seconds sounded like a mechanical screech(ala Matrix where silver stuff goes down Neo's throat), not a Wookie roar.
    8.5/10
    JB
  12. GhostPoet Jedi Knight

star 1
    Another excellant episode. I see there are only a very very small amount of people with sticks up their...er..anyway...
    But pretty much everyone likes it. :) right on
  13. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    JediMasterGuff

Are you a mod? Will you please stop policing my posts. If a mod has a problem with a post of mine, they will let me know and I will edit it.

I hope the Fisto episode will go back to showing multiple plot lines like the first chapter did.
  14. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Are you a mod? Will you please stop policing my posts. If a mod has a problem with a post of mine, they will let me know and I will edit it.

There is no need to be hostile matey. What you have posted is sensitive information and you know full well that it pertains to Episode 3, you aren't allowed to post that here and DP has said this enough.
    Have the common courtesy of not spoiling those of us who are trying to go spoiler free.

*shakes head*
  15. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I hope not, because that detracts from the rest of the main story. Those multiple storylines contain (I think) images and sequences from future episodes. I think that we'll get a solid 3-5 minutes of Kit Fisto.

Maybe the SPHA-T's have a low defense due to their high attacks.

The SPHA-Ts have defense weapontry all over them. Plus, they had a ton of clones that all seemed to have vanished during their attack run...
  16. masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Plus, they had a ton of clones that all seemed to have vanished during their attack run..."

More like torn to shreads from getting skewered by engery lances moving several hundred miles per hour. ;)
  17. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    In the space of a couple seconds? it's not really realistic... they should have shown some of the droids getting shot off.
  18. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    By the same token, they should have shown some Clone troopers getting shot down early in the episode. But they didn't. It's just simpler that way.
  19. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    DarthTerrious, aparently you think you are a mod too. *shakes head*

There was one really funny moment when that clone trooper puts down his rocket launcher and looks at Durge coming on like "what the?.."
  20. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
  21. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    DarthTerrious, aparently you think you are a mod too. *shakes head*

No I'm just being a friendly poster, you're an arrogant so and so.
    You know you're not supposed to post Episode 3 spoilers in this forum. [face_plain]
  22. Skywalk272 Jedi Master

star 4
    "Maybe I'm a little tired; I just spent several minutes trying to mentally resolve what feat of continuity would allow EIII and ANH to occur simultaneously."

:D :D sorry... i'll be sure to refer to them as Chapters from now on!
  23. Ekenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked this Chapter. Introduced a new character. He was awesome. And some major combat action. Very cool.

Manowan - yes please reframe from spoilers. Mod or not we have the right to let you know.
    Lose the arrogance too. We are all friends here.
  24. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  25. ManoWan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    :_|

Finally, someone with the authority to make the comment.

Surely mod sir. I will make the change.

[face_blush]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.