main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 6 (Bounty Hunter Gladiators) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lady Mara, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Clone Wars: Chapter 6 (Bounty Hunter Gladiators)

This episode is the sixth chapter for the "Clone Wars -- The Epic Micro Series" and will air 14-Nov-2003 at 8 pm EST, and be available on cartoonnetwork's site (US visitors only) & hyperspace shortly after, and there's a mirror for the US-only streaming version here on the official site.

Plot Summary:
    [i] Count Dooku seeks a new ally with the power to defeat the Jedi. On the planet Rattatak, he encounters a mysterious fighter who dominates every opponent in the combat ring.[/i][hr][/blockquote]
    [b][i][color=teal]Please don't post in this thread until the episode airs. Then you may have at it. :)[/b][/i][/color]

[i][color=red]I copied this nearly word-for-word from the other threads the mods have been starting. ;) [/i][/color]

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That was wicked cool. Loved how there was a Wampa in there >::)

Also like how Ventress has her pre-Dooku-influence lightsabers. Can't wait for the Ventress/Dooku battle on Monday!

Also glad that there was nothing in the episode that prevents this chapter from being set 3 to 4 months earlier than the rest of the series.

3. SithLord34

SithLord34 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    Awesome.....amazing....I can't wait to get her figure.....she kicks butt!

4. DarthPalpidious

DarthPalpidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2003
    I'm forced to watch tonights on HS, so was it good?

5. jediknight_2033

jediknight_2033 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2002
    That was pretty sweet.

6. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Ok now I dont like Asajj.

After she spoke and after she said she was a sith.

7. SithLord34

SithLord34 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    She did kinda sound like Yoda....."I sense the Dark Side in me..."

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Does anyone have a link to where I can find more information on this Ventress person?

9. DarthWufei

DarthWufei Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
    Wow, she's awesome. Very quick a fast. Can't wait for the Anakin vs. Asaji duel. I don't even see how Dooku can top her.

Plus she has a creepy voice. I love it. GO FEMALE SITH.

10. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I liked it..but I didnt like how Asajj said at the end "The dark side is strong in me... I am Sith".

Only two can there be, master and apprentice. I hope this is explained in chapter 7.

Also how many episodes are there supposed to be?

11. juzarj

juzarj Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    Best one yet!

12. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Argh!! My VCR timer recorder cut off the last second or so of it so I didn't tape Asajj's "The Dark Side is strong in me" line, thanks to that stupid intro of "Pokemon 2000." :mad:

This wasn't my favorite chapter but it was still okay. Asajj was pretty good. Can't wait to see her duel on Monday night though! :) Anybody notice the Vader/Stormtrooper-like helmet of the guy that first fired at her?

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Asajj is really fun to watch. I enjoyed this episode a lot. :)

14. DarthWufei

DarthWufei Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2003
  15. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Yeah that made me angry I hope Dooku tells her you are not a sith, yet but i can make you one, or something like that.

16. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    SCHAAAAAA---WWWEEEEEETTTT!!!

Oh man that was killer! Gawd I wuv this series! Dooku's voice was a little off, but good none the less. Assaj's voice, well, it was weird. while reading the comics I imagined a more deeper voice, but whatever. It suits her. As for her being a Sith, I know this is gonna be a big discussion topic. I'm thinking she fancies herself a Sith, but is not neccesarily the real deal. Did you see those gladiators? They had an Aqualish guy, a Gamorrean, a Nikto, and a Wampa!!! K-k-k-killauh!!!

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  18. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I had been dissappointed with the past couple chapters, but this one redeemed itself. I thought Dooku was great and his voice was pretty darn accurate. The preview for chapter 7 looked awesome as well. I'm looking forward to seeing a good lightsaber duel. Faith in the series has been restored for me.

-SWIG

19. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    It'll take us a while to sort out all the alien gladiators there were so many kinds! :D

Ventress has got some seriously nice moves. A lot of TK sweetness. Totally Samurai like as she charges that alien (who looked a bit like a bipedal Nexu) and slashes both of her sabers across him at the last second. Very nice! And I loved the preview of the next episode! A few snippets of the Dooku/Ventress duel! :D

And Dooku's voice was perfect. :)

20. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Dooku isnt a Sith? Then how come Sidious calls him Darth Tyranus? Darth is a Sith pre-name.

21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Muchas gracias, 2ndQuest. :)

22. gilmanh8s

gilmanh8s Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2003
    Not one of my favorites, but definitely cool. Does anyone have any clue how the ratings are for that five minute period?

23. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    That has to be my favorite episode yet! :D

Ventress has a creepy voice.

And yes, the Sith thing will be explained in the next chaptor.

24. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Asajj said that she's a Sith?!

25. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    She clearly demonstrated at the beginning that she has more in her repertorie than her fighting and Force skills.

As for the free-for-all, I'm surprised she didn't use her lightsabers sooner, or used use telekinetic kill/Force grip on the other opponents.

One of the questions I have was previously posted. The other is: can anyone identify what all the other gladiators are? I recognize the wampa and the Gamorrean. But what about the others?