main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 6 (Bounty Hunter Gladiators) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lady Mara, Nov 13, 2003.

1. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    She's not a Sith or a Jedi spy. She's just an evil forcer who is a Sith wannabe. I'm sure this will be explained in chapter 7.

Ok, here's as official an answer as we're going to get on the Asajj Sith thing...
    As posted by Leland Chee, Database Content Administrator, Lucas Licensing on the OS boards....

"She claims to be a Sith. Stay tuned..."

I think that about sums it up.

!snap

2. mcwheeler

mcwheeler Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2003
    I dont think all the beast and stuff in the arena were actually "auditioning" for Dooku. I think some of them were brought there as examples of some of the baddest mofos in the known universe for the hopefuls to take on:) Just my take on things. I think this episode kicked booty!!

3. ephontmon

ephontmon Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    this series is great.it continues to impress me wish they would give us more.
    cant wait to see yoda and mace episodes.
    dont hate appreciate...

4. Soulboy

Soulboy Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2003
    D'oh!
    Missed it tonight...BUT, looking forward to watching and taping them all next Fri!

5. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    [can of worms]

Oh look, a Dark Jedi.

[/can of worms]

6. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    This was a good one, especially if the Sith comment gets explained later. That was the only negative.

I love this series so far. When I first saw the artwork on the OS, I thought it was going to be to kiddie oriented. In fact, it is a fanboy's dream, and more adult than TPM.

Kit Fisto= Aquaman with dreadlocks

7. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    That woman's freaky.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    re: Ventress's lightsabers- the two sabers she has now were likely that of her former Jedi Master's before he died and one built herself.

Once Dooku takes over her training, she forges the two curved-handle red sabers/saberstaff that she uses in the rest of the series and the comic books.

9. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    A lot of your questions about whether she's a Sith or not and what kind of lightsabers she uses would be resolved if you would just read her profile at the OS Databank.

10. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Hate to bring it up, but the OS does title it "Last Dark Jedi Standing". [face_mischief]

!snap

11. GreedoCMZ

Mar 13, 1999
    A lot of people will tell you that a Dark Jedi is not necessarily a Sith. In Dooku's case they could be the same. In Ventress' case they are not the same . . . even if she wishes they were.

12. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Man, Ventress voice is *creepy*, it sounds like a barrowright or wispy witch like incarnate of evil! :p

On another cool note, anyone notice in episode 4 commentary that Genndy said we'd see what Durge looks like under his armor! Obi must really beat him bad! :p

Can't wait to see Dooku get medieval on Ventress' ass. :D [face_mischief]

13. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I thought the line Yoda spoke in TPM-"Only two, no more no less," in reference to the Sith meant there were only 2 sith at any time or does that mean there are many Sith but they are always in pairs? One master, one apprectice.

If this is the case where is Ventresses master or apprentice? Will we see him or her in the following chapters?

14. GreedoCMZ

Mar 13, 1999
    A lot of your questions about whether she's a Sith or not and what kind of lightsabers she uses would be resolved if you would just read her profile at the OS Databank.

15. Misstress_Abbygail

Misstress_Abbygail Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    Well that was the most violent cartoon I have ever seen! And yet, no blood!

16. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    It's a good thing you've never seen anime then. :p

17. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Although I liked this episode, I like the Kit Fisto one better. I guess this eppy is supposed to show off Asajj's power more than anything else. And her spy technique is pretty cool too.

I was watch AOTC afterward, and I noticed that Anakin fought with the same color combination. I wonder if that's intentional? Or are blue and green the most popular lightsaber colors anyway? :)

18. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    It's probably just to give color contrast when she fights Dooku. Lucas is big on that.

19. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    This has to be the best episode yet. Mondays will be the one that I have been waiting for, we get to see more Dooku action, sweet.

20. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    First reaction:
    Ventress = w0000000000000000000000t

Second reaction:
    w000000000000000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!! :D

21. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Been watching them this whole time and only missed Chapter 2 :(
    I really like this series so far :)
    I wish I could read more of the books/comics for once if just to get more of the clone wars!
    But so far, it's been limited to TFN/JC bits and peices of the storyline, and Clone Wars for gamecube.
    The video game focused primarily on the republic's mission to stop the Seperatists from engaging the 'Dark Reaper', so it's nice to see another operation :)
    As for this episode, I really got a kick out of it, just like all of the others. I was pleasantly suprised to hear Dooku sound and act like Dooku. He's a character we never really got to know, and I love seeing him get fleshed out even a little :)
    I thought the cavern fight really rocked. My only personal complaint is just that: personal.
    The looks of Ventress is based off of a rejected Sith concept for AotC. Unfortunately, for Bounty Hunter (another game) they based their character off the exact same concept! LOL So we have to near identical sisters running around the galaxy! What's worse, is they sound exactly alike too! :p
    Oh well. As much as I loved the plot for Bounty Hunter, I'll give precedence to Venty. Awesome character by the way :)
    I'll be tarred and feathered for saying this, but I'm glad she referred herself a Sith instead of a Dark Jedi. Previous EU aside, Lucas seems to have rejected that idea in favor of any Jedi who turns to the darkside is a Sith (we could argue till the second coming over this, but if you think I'm wrong, just let me live in my stupid little world to keep this thrad happy). Should be interesting to see what Dooku does with this third 'Sith' running around.
    I caught the Aqualish, the IG-esque and the Wampa (which pleased the hell outta me). Did't catch the Nikto, and must've blinked when the Gamorrean was on ;)
    Was it just me, or was she using the as-forgotten Force Speed during the fight?
    I can't wait for the duel! I'm glad they kept Dooku's save-energy fighting in tact. He knows you don't need to be fancy to be the victor ;)
    Well, I think I've said enough.

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I thought the line Yoda spoke in TPM-"Only two, no more no less," in reference to the Sith meant there were only 2 sith at any time or does that mean there are many Sith but they are always in pairs? One master, one apprectice.

If this is the case where is Ventresses master or apprentice? Will we see him or her in the following chapters?

I case you haven't read any of this thread (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), Asajj is NOT a Sith, she only claims to be, she is a dark Jedi.

23. jedizen

jedizen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2003
    Loved this ep. My second favorite, only to number 3. So was the dude in the beginning Assaj in disguise? or did she kill him?

I'll have to rewatch it today.

24. Darth_Ponderous

Darth_Ponderous Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I liked this episode, but I still liked the ARC Troopers chapters a bit more. I guess this episode is supposed to show off Asajj's power, to set up the duel with Anakin in the last couple of chapters.

Her spy technique is pretty interesting. I wonder if we will see something similar in Ep. 3, with Palpatine using the Dark Side to mask some aspect of his apperance?

25. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    So was the dude in the beginning Assaj in disguise? or did she kill him?

She killed him, Dooku says so.

Her spy technique is pretty interesting. I wonder if we will see something similar in Ep. 3, with Palpatine using the Dark Side to mask some aspect of his apperance?

I agree that would be cool to see, but she wasn't masking her appearence at all... she killed the host and took his seat.

!snap