main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 6 (Bounty Hunter Gladiators) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lady Mara, Nov 13, 2003.

1. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Meh. Dooku will put things in perpective Monday night.

!snap

2. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, Dooku is the king. No argument there.

3. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    And we will see why yet again on Monday. :D

4. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    One of the most deadly and tragic opponents to emerge from the battlefields of the Clone Wars was Asajj Ventress, a disciple of the dark side and sworn enemy of the Jedi. A lifetime of enduring cruel hardships had purged any compassion from her cold heart, and a fierce survival instinct forged in the ceaseless dangers of her bloody homeworld kept her on the dark path.
    Much of her past remains shrouded in mystery. Ventress hails from Rattatak, a barbaric world where violent bloodshed is a daily occurence. The primitive world is far from the Republic borders, and somehow, a young Jedi named Ky Narec came to be stranded on this forsaken world. Cut off from the Jedi Council, Narec took it upon himself to train a Force-strong young girl named Asajj Ventress. As a result, she had the skills of the Jedi combined with a raw, unfocused talent in the Force. But she never controlled her instinctual fury, and when her master passed away, she developed a hatred for the Republic that had abandoned her mentor, and had ignored the atrocities of Rattatak.

Asajj's rage fueled her power, and she clawed her way up to a position of authority on the lawless world of Rattatak. She could best any of the monstrous combatants in the gladiatorial games held regularly on the world. Shortly after the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Count Dooku came to Rattatak, looking for another world to add to the Separatist fold. What he found instead was far more promising.

Ventress' raw talent and fierce determination impressed Dooku. The charismatic leader of the Confederacy was able to recruit the young warrior by appealing to her disgust with the Jedi and the Republic. Dooku confirmed Ventress' bitter ideas that the Jedi had abandoned their ethics and convictions. Ventress proved her skills by challenging Dooku to a duel. Though Dooku won in the sparring contest, he invited Ventress to accompany him back into the Confederacy as a personal protégé.

Though Ventress longed to identify herself as a Sith, she did not receive Sith training. Dooku taking her on as a Sith apprentice would have violated the ancient covenant of only two Sith Lords at a time. While Dooku helped hone her talents, he taught her none of the knowledge unique to the Sith. Her skills were a combination of incomplete Jedi training coupled with her own techniques. Her raw talents and bottomless well of anger and pain bolstered her dark side abilities. Giving into her rage granted her further powers.

From the Star Wars official site.

Can't wait to see the duel between Tyranus and Assaj.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Shockwave is Dooku? That's killer! Shockwave was always the greatest (thankfully he was used to his full potential in the recent "War and Peace" comic series)

6. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    The Clone Wars chapters rerun just before 1am central or so, and maybe more than once.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I didn't like Asajj's Voice. it sucked.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Tidbits from the audio commentary (didn't see them posted this time, but if i missed that post, excsue the redundancy):

-They researched alot of the more obscure aliens from the books for the gladiators and also made up some of their own.

-The emmissary that greets Dooku originally spoke english, but they redubbed it as an alien dilect with subtitles since they felt that was an element from the films that had a sense of coolness to it.

-The use of motion blurs and the force speed is first used in this episode but will be used to greater potential later on.

-Genndy was most pleased with the vocie actor for Dooku.

9. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I just realised that I really like the music in this chapter. It's constructed quite nicely and culminates in a way at the end. Great...

10. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Yup, the music is perfect when Ventress starts killing Gladiators left and right.

11. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    I'd say this episode has the most rewatchabilty of any of the others.

!snap

12. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Even tho Ventress is cool and seems to weild the Lightsaber pretty skillfully, she is not match for Dooku, which we will get to see on Monday.

13. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I just watched chapter 6 on starwars.com. assaj ventress's fighting in the area was funny, espicially when she beckoned all the other warriors to take her on and she beat them all without a sweat.

i didn't like her voice either.

~aeryn

14. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Asajj can stand up to Anakin and in a comic book up she fought well against Mace Windu but not to Dooku.

15. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Yes, we all know how good Dooku is at facing off against two sabers. How much of this duel do you think will be sabers, and how much straight force? In the commercials we can see that she gets the lightening, so that will probably be in chapter 7. I think they might even throw things at each other a la Yoda and Dooku in AOTC. We'll see.

!snap

16. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Ventress is hot.

17. ForceMaster101

Aug 30, 2003
    I wonder how Asajj learned the force. By herself?

Was she a Jedi first?

18. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    READ HER DATABANK ENTRY ON TOS

READ THIS THREAD

THE ANSWERS ARE EVERYWHERE

!snap

19. ForceMaster101

Aug 30, 2003
  20. Drath

Drath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    I really liked this episode. Ventress wanting to be a Sith is an interesting contrast to Anakin wanting to be a Jedi. I wonder if they'll take the irony further and have her help the Jedi in the end. Whatever, I like her a lot.

21. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Quite a good chapter. Good to finally see Ventress and the voice actor for Dooku is spot on :)

Chapter 7 looks good :) Dooku Vs Ventress.

22. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    You wonder how she learned to use the Force? DUDE FRIKKIN CHECK OUT MY LAST POST!!!! I POSTED THE FRIKKIN ANSWERS!

23. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    This was the worst episode yet. There was absolutely no Star Wars feeling at all. Well, it was cool to see Dooku and his solar sailer again but the gladiators? The only one that I thought was fun to see was the gamorrean.

What do the rest of you think of Dooku's voice? Did it have any resemblance to Christopher Lee? The Swedish voice cast is still terrible. Heck, even the emissary's voice was dubbed to Swedish, whereas in the original my understanding is that it was subtitled. IMO, the dubbing takes away much.

24. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    "There was absolutely no Star Wars feeling at all. Well, it was cool to see Dooku and his solar sailer again but the gladiators?"

Were you even awake during Attack of the Clones? Hello! The whole Geonosian execution ring WAS a gladiator fight!

25. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Oh MAN! HOW COULD I MISS IT!

One of the aliens gladiators is the same race as Bar Kooda and Ry Kooda from Boba Fett: Death Lies and Treachery. Those guys were practically indestructable! It took Boba Fett everything he had to drop Ry Kooda and them some! His little brother went down a lot easier though.

He's the alien with a hook arm and who roars at Ventress after that one flame throwing robot's head falls by her feet. He gets crushed a few seconds later by the falling rocks.