main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion - Clone Wars: Chapter 6 (Bounty Hunter Gladiators) [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lady Mara, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Hello there masterskywalker. I was indeed awake during AOTC. I love AOTC, and I can't count the times I saw it during its theatrical run (and on DVD of course), and I don't think that Geonosis can be compared to this. I wasn't referring to the gladiators per se, but the designs of the gladiators. IMO, even if it is a cartoon, the designs should be as close to Star Wars as possible. Now, I've rewatched the episode, and I'm no longer as ambivalent as I was earlier. I really like the Force trick that Ventress does to disguise herself.

2. Drath

Drath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    To answer your question about the American voice, it's pretty good. But when he first started talking, it almost sounded like a Sean Connery voice. I liked it though, very strong, very calm, but with a slight menace.

I thought the chapter had a Star Wars feel okay considering that we've never seen a Star Wars villain introduced in the middle of an interview for the job of heavy...unless you count Anakin in the prequels as a whole, heh heh (but to me his entrance will always be coming out of the smoke in the Blockade Runner's corridor). The Gladiator stuff didn't feel out of place to me though. The designs didn't grab me either, but they didn't take me out of the moment. Is it just me or does it seem like there's been some variation of this arena setting in the last three movies (rankor pit in RotJ, Podrace in TPM, Geonosis in AotC)?

3. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Is it illegal to post screen caps?
    I'd really like a rundown of all the gladiators/monsters there with pics to accompany them.
    I thought the Wampa was awesome :) I actually did a quick double take :p
    Am I the only one who'd like to see an Acklay and Rancor go at it? =D
    Vosa! That was her name! Thanks Mat and Quest :)

4. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    ManoWan are you ok? Ventress is FAR from hot!!!!! But I did laugh at that comment tho, good job!

5. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Yeah, she's not hot in the cartoon. But have u seen her in the comic series? Hot stuff.

6. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Ventress wasn't scary in the comics, she was the token hot assassin babe. Although I was pleased that she ran through that goody two shoes Master Fey. [face_mischief]

Cartoon Ventress = stuff of nightmares. :eek:

7. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Hmmm my comment is a bit late.

I saw it earlier today....and again I'm unimpressed by these villains.

Durge sucked, and Ventress sorry but her intro was forced and they tried too hard. Plus she didnt sound scary to me, just terrible.

wasn't impressed really....here's to the next episode coming and going.

8. -Jack-Sparrow-

-Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2003
    I saw it earlier today....and again I'm unimpressed by these villains.

I feel the same way. :)

9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Hmm some people haven't watched chapter seven....

But then you'll probaly complain about how weak the villains are because they were so easily defeated....especially after seeing Obi Wan vs Durge...

You can't please everyone..especially if they 're determined to hatesomething no matter what.

And if that's not the case and you were making an honest assesment, then perhaps you should wait to see the whoe story before passing harsh judgement.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  11. morgoth_17

morgoth_17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2003
    this might have been asked before, but where can you download this episode if you live in europe and you are not a hyperspace member? :)

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Toonami.co.uk were advertising that they would be able to view them (streaming, not downloading), but that part of the site seems to have finished.

13. morgoth_17

morgoth_17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2003
  14. Azanulbizar

Azanulbizar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 22, 2003
    Can someone help me understand something that happened in this chapter? When we first see Ventress, she appears to take the place of the person who had been sitting next to Dooku. What happened there? Was she that person all along? :confused:

15. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    No, she killed the person next to Dooku, very, very quickly and quietly.

16. jedizen

jedizen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2003
    I actually like to think that she was impersonating the other character....it shows that if it takes a great darkside user like Assaj to fake her appearance for one person (Dooku), then look how powerful Sidious is, since he can fool an entire senate and jedi order!!..

I know I'm wrong, but it's one of the things I have enjoyed thinking about.

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I would like to agree with jedizen on this issue, but I wonder if a Asajj could "force-conceal" herself from a fellow darksider (Dooku) without being noticed? Would Dooku not just know that is was her since he's a more powerful force user? I suppose then, that she simply killed the other character very quickly and quietly. :(

HOWEVER!! *points to the sky* Maybe Dooku did know it was her, but was none-the-less impressed by her ability...

(both of the options are good traits for a spy to exhibit)

18. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    To be honest, I thought she cloaked herself too, but the majority of the other people on this board thought she killed him. Also, 'Force Disguise' isn't an idea I'm very fond off.

19. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    My impression was that she was hiding herself but Dooku saw through it from the beginning. He just took his time in revealing his knowledge to her, perhaps to further test her. To me the dialog was pretty clear indicating that she was in disguise somehow.

Hiding your identity would be a good trait for a spy.

Killing someone quickly and silently would be a trait better suited for an assassin.

Considering the mission is to kill Anakin Skywalker, Dooku is looking for an assassin.

20. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    So still, it could be either?

Ho hum.

21. Kuri_Veri

Kuri_Veri Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2003
    How is force disguise any different from a jedi mind trick? esp, when obi-wan tricks the stormtroopers on tatooine?

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The dialogue implies she killed him:

-Dooku: "Our host would applaud you, posthumously."

In other words, the alien-in-white would have applauded her efforts, but he's dead.

23. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    My thought on that was she killed him before disguising herself, 2ndQuest. He was never there to begin with.

The dialog I was referring to was the bit about her "masking her presence" or somesuch.

24. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    The "making her presence" could simply be Dooku being unable to sense her, whether sneaking up behind them or being in the form of the host.

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    There was no "disguising herself" at any point. Coming into a room and wearing a disguise isn't "masking you're presence" its alerting people to your presence, but leading them to believe you're someone other than who you are.

By contrast, it is "masking you're presence" to have two people walk into a room without noticing you, then subsequently, kill one, remove the body, and sit down in his seat all in the space of a few seconds.

That's what happened, as 2ndQest said earlier.