main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Chapter 9 (Decapitation strike) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by farraday, Nov 19, 2003.

1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "I think fans are used to characters with some kind of purpose...being just another "nearly INdestructable killing machine" really doesn't make for a good character."

BS, come on now, let's be honest. Darth Maul? He's a fanboy's idol and has two lines of dialoge in Episode I. [face_plain]

Sigh, some people just don't get this series. It's doing nothing that's not in the films.

2. Max_Powers

Max_Powers Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2003
    People keep wodnering how you stop durge? well to refer back to Terminator 2, didnt we all wonder how they were gonna kill the t1000 when we first watched it? I think the same thing would work for durge, throw him into liquid hot magma. So maybe they could stick him in some kind of little box, and then throw it into a sun or a vat of LHM. Or maybe freeze him in carbonite like they did to Han Salo, that would sure make a better ornament then Han's encasing did.

Another thought is, it seems like they keep on adding to the power of the Jedi. Which makes me wonder, once the seperatists knew that the Republic had the clone army, how did they think they could compete when the republic already had Jedi? It seems like when they were at that council meeting in AOTC they were all assuming the Republic would only have the Jedi and whatever limited army they had to begin with, and they created this huge droid army just to compete with them. It seems that once they knew about the Clone Army it would be wise just to give up.

3. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    Good grief, people cry "Matrix ripoff" at everything when the entire point of the Matrix was to take 80,000 cool things that have already been done before and stick them together in one movie.

That's actually how I always expected Jedi to deflect solid projectiles. In fact, it wouldn't really be weird or un-Star Wars if he had stopped the spikes in mid-air, as long as it was done right. That's how they stop things that are thrown at them, so why would would it be any different with spikes?

As for Durge... that was ridiculous. If he can do all that stuff in his natural form why the heck was he wearing armor in the first place? He's ten times more powerful without it! I'm glad Obi-Wan showed him what-for again. He started out as a Boba Fett wannabe and ended up as a generic sci-fi monster. The last episode with the one-on-one fight was much better.

You know what really would have rocked? Instead of having Badass SW Bounty Hunter #89234, the Banking Clan could've released a huge dragon-like creature on the clone army. Seeing Obi-Wan in armor slaying a dragon would've been cool.

4. Drath

Drath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1998
    BS, come on now, let's be honest. Darth Maul? He's a fanboy's idol and has two lines of dialoge in Episode I.

Maul's purpose was to kill Qui Gon, preventing him from teaching Anakin, while letting the Jedi know the Sith exist without them ever seeing Sidious, and setting up Lucas knows what else.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Anyone else pick up on the shot where the ARCs descend into the command center being almost just like how they "debuted" during the Defense of Kamino? ::)

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    yeah, that was amazing. They had lines this time, that allowed them to rappell down, which kinda took away from it.

7. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Maul's purpose was to kill Qui Gon, preventing him from teaching Anakin

His purpose was to kill Jedi. Sidious didn't have his eye on Anakin yet, and therefore didn't have plans that specific.

!snap

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Snap-hiss, I believe he is talking about the character of Maul - why he was created.

He wasn't talking about Maul's orders, IMO.

9. dark-jedi-quin

dark-jedi-quin Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2003
    9 rocked, but anyone know where i can get pics of obi in the arc armor? itd help a lot. thanks

10. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Durge is back for episodes 11-20

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    No he's not.

12. Jedi-Colonel13

Jedi-Colonel13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003
    Obi Wan was loves to impale things...

Obi Wan was inside Durge?

"I've created quite a mess here."

Lol ;)

Coolest part definetly- Obi throws his lightsaber, lets in hang in the droid for a sec, pulls it out. So coo, almost... evily?

13. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    If he can do all that stuff in his natural form why the heck was he wearing armor in the first place? He's ten times more powerful without it! I'm glad Obi-Wan showed him what-for again.

Uhm not without riskl. The armor did protect his organic body. .... you think he should just run arounmd naked..and he didn't have that many super abilities..his main strength was really just being very strong..what else did he do? psychic powers? Flame spewing? Nope.

Just very strong.You know what really would have rocked? Instead of having Badass SW Bounty Hunter #89234, the Banking Clan could've released a huge dragon-like creature on the clone army. Seeing Obi-Wan in armor slaying a dragon would've been cool.

No. thatwould not have rocked. Not at all. They're going to unleash a giant dragon on an army. where did they get this dragon? Why is it better than technological warmachines? Do you mean for it to be a robot dragon?

14. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999

He also served his purpose, which was to show why Obi Wan deserves the rank of general and why he's such a great Jedi Knight.

I thought hat was his purpose as well. Obi Wan handled a difficult foe and defeated him.

15. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I gotta admit. While I do like Durge, his portrayal in this chapter really brought my love of his character down a great deal. I know that Lucas and co. are making him out to be the next big unstoppable force, but that doesn't mean that they actually need to make him a big unstoppable force.

And his fight scene here wasn't really well done. I mean, I liked the fight they had in Chapter 8, but that was because it was a one on one battle. Somehow adding destroyer droids and Clones ruines the effect for me.

Still, there were some good parts about this chapter that I liked.

? Obi-Wan's speeder bike trip up the side of the guntower.

? Durge crashing through the window. Wicked sweet entrance.

? The banter between Obi-Wan and the ARC Commander after Obi-Wan frees himself from Durge's insides.

? San Hill's reaction near the end when Obi-Wan reminds him that he was about to surrender.

It's a real shame that this is Durge's last appearance in the shorts. I would have liked him better if they gave him more character development here. (Ah, well. Guess I gotta settle with the comics.)

16. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Absolutely hilarious!! The "I've made quite a mess" line added to the comedy of this episode. It would have been nice if all the bankers died though. I hope they aren't in the new movie.