main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Episode 1 (Assault on Muunilist, Part I) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by dp4m, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It amazing how much they were able to fit in such a short time. I agree that Palp's voice could have been better but it was servicable enough. I really like all the CG space ships.

One question how did C-3PO and R2-D2 get up to Padme's apartment so fast? They were by Anakin's starfighter just before he took off and then suddenly there with Padme.

I'm a bit disapointed that I'll probably be only able to view the streaming video version off of Cartoon Network's site.

Does anybody know the time and date when the first ten episodes will be show one right after the other on Cartoon Network? Hopefully I can go to my brothers house and record them all at once. :)

2. Project_Starscream

Project_Starscream Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    It's on again :eek:

"Does anybody know the time and date when the first ten episodes will be show one right after the other on Cartoon Network?"

Originally it was the day after the 10th episode aired but I don't know if that's still going to happen.

3. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I watched, I liked. I posted a similar thread in the Fan Film forum, because that's the only place I ever go around here...

Question: Let's just say I figured out how to hack their movie. Let's just say I know the link to download it, instead of dealing with the streaming. (oh, all hypothetical of course)
    Is it bad to release that direct link?

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    The droids shouldn't have been in Padme's apartment right after they were on the landing pad. That was just silly. Though I suppose if R2's rockets are still working, he could have carried 3PO up there. ;)

Having finally seen the episode frame-by-frame, I can comment on the visuals, most of which are really great. I didn't see the depth problem farraday was talking about at all. The shot of Anakin and Obi-Wan "skydiving" was convincing.

That Quarren looked like he was in his underwear. Ha. :D

durbnpoisn: That link was already posted here. We think it's legal to spread the URL because it's the responsibility of the site hosting it to keep it secure. Not 100% sure, though, and you'll hear about it if we get overruled.

5. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    The droids shouldn't have been in Padme's apartment right after they were on the landing pad. That was just silly.

After Anakin throws his cloak on C3PO, the next shot after the robots are not on the deck. So, between those shots, time must have elapsed--long enough for the droids to go upstairs.

6. -KezzA-KnighT-

-KezzA-KnighT- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    I really think debate on time in the Clone Wars cartoon is extreme. Just enjoy it people.

7. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I think that there was a deffinite time interval between Anakin's take off and the final shot that shows the droids.

There were a LOT more ships in the air at the final scene than there were when Anakin took off.

I think there was supposed to be a gap there that you just have to accept even though it wasn't shown.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, some time must have elapsed between the shot of 3PO and the cloak, and the fighter actually taking off (you'll note there's a launch tech guy there now who wasn't in the previous shot either).

Also, Anakin's fighter lifts straight up to Padme's apartment, so the droids simply took a nearby lift tube straight up to the apartment before the fighter did so.

9. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    It bothered me at first too, but I agree now, there has to have been some time between the shots. It just doesn't look right though because the editing is so agressive.

Still I enjoyed it. I like the look Anakin and Padme give each other with their hands against the windows. There was alot of emotion there that really worked well. You could see the struggle in Anakin's eyes and face. Very powerful in my opinion.

10. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    [face_laugh] @ 2ndquest.

11. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Durb, actually it's not a stream but rather a download now for everyone, Hyperspace members included. And so far as I can tell there's nothing in the Hyperspace TOS that says Hyperspace people can't share the link to the media...

-Paul

12. -KezzA-KnighT-

-KezzA-KnighT- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    I'm not with Hyperspace and thats how i saw the cartoon. The direct link puts you straight through to it. If anyone who hasn't seen it wants one of the TWO different links i know, i'll be glad to share [PM if you want em].

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > That's pretty weird, wonder if it's really suposed to look like vader though.

I'd say there's little doubt!

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/starwars/anakin2.jpg]

:D

14. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    JP Why don't you post the link you posted over at FFNZ here so everyone can enjoy the download?

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  16. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    OHHHH BRAINY!!!!!! people have been shaming me out all day!!!

17. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I laugh at homeless_jedi's locked thread. I though it was the Wind that caused Anakin's cape to flown on to C-3PO. He intentionally did that, then used the Force...?

Hmmmm, might be...

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Ani's hardly gonna leave his cool black cape on the launchpad, so he tosses it to his droid to put away in the closet.

However, 3PO is busy patting his astromech buddy, and doesn't see the cloak coming to catch it... classic slapstick.

19. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    For those who thought that Anakin was being a 'punk' when he did that, I'd like to point out that there must be a time elapse(as was mentioned earlier) between the shot from C3PO catching the cape and Anakin taking off, and anything could've happened. For all we know, Anakin quickly helped C3PO get rid of the cape, apologised, and then took off.

Hence, Skywalker wasn't being a punk 8-}

20. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    In Padmé's apartment, Threepio is still holding Anakin's cloak.

21. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
  22. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    LOVED IT! I can't wait til Monday.

I've read a lot of reactions to the time issue, and here is my response.

George Lucas has mentioned that these movies are an homage to sci fi movies from 'back in the day'. Of course, 'back in the day' for GL is a little further 'back' for him than for you and I, I'm guessing.

Remember old time serials that used to run in theaters? My mom used to tell me about these shows than would run before the main feature. It would be a continuing story from week to week. These stories were told in 'chapters' and would end on a cliffhanger, forcing the viewer to come back the next week to find out what happened.

In my opinion, this series is the ULTIMATE tribute to those old sci fi serials.

We don't have to wait weeks or years for the next episode though, just a few hours.

Piece of cake!

MTFBWY....A!

23. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    It's going to be interesting keeping up with a new episode EVERY DAY!

24. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I love this episode the ships remind me of the Troy trailer. Both really effective in scale

25. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    I liked everything about the episode but Padme.

They made her look like a little helpless kid (from the neck up, anyway :p). Not at all like her character in the movies [face_plain]

But overall a great episode :D

Go Saesee Tiin!