Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Episode 1 (Assault on Muunilist, Part I) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by dp4m, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    It's probably due to the sacrifices of having five minute shorts, but it stuck out like a sore thumb for him to be so blatently controlling in front of Jedi.

Uh, farraday?
    PALPATINE: Master Jedi, may I suggest that the Senator be
    placed under the protection of your graces.

BAIL ORGANA: Do you think that is a wise decision during
    these stressful times?

PADMÉ: Chancellor, if I may comment, I do not believe
    the...

PALPATINE: ..."situation is that serious." No, but I do,
    Senator.

PADMÉ: Chancellor, please! I don't want any more guards!

PALPATINE: I realize all too well that additional security
    might be disruptive for you, but perhaps someone you are
    familiar with... an old friend like... Master Kenobi...

PALPATINE nods to MACE WINDU, who nods back.

That seems about right to me... :confused:
  3. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Replay on CN is at midnight EST, I believe.
  4. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I think someone mentioned it was streaming.

And the Cartoon network guy basically made fun of people coming just to see the clone war cartooon, like I wanted to stick around for Pokemon the first movie.

Except that scene came off more with an overprotective uncle type quality. He doesn't order her to take the protection, he guilts her into it. He doesn't tell the Jedi to make Obi Wan protect her, he mentions a possibility.

Very slick really. In this he tells the Jedi what to do and cuts them off and generally acts disrespectful.
  5. DarthWufei Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's supposed to air again at midnight Eastern.

And the Cartoon network guy basically made fun of people coming just to see the clone war cartooon, like I wanted to stick around for Pokemon the first movie.

The movie isn't that bad... I like it.
  6. Indiana-Earl-Jones Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I hated that guy in the Pre-show.

"A lot of you are probably here just for this cartoon, but I hope you all stick around for Pokemon: the movie!"

7. GhostPoet Jedi Knight

star 1
    There is almost nothing really TO review...it was over as soon as it started. :( It was great...but just way too short....as soon as I get into it...it ends. I'm almost tempted to wait till it's completely done just so I can enjoy it.
  8. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Aside from tuning in to be insulted by some anal-retentive turd face host it was an overall great experience!

LOL! That guy was an ass! He basically said "now I know a lot of people out there are getting ready to watch this. Probably a lot of people who usually don't get out on Friday nights. But we're here to remind you to stick around after clone wars to watch the other stuff we have. blah blah blah."
    Basically he made a sterotypical comment that star wars fans are geeks and never get out on Friday night. However, I bet the viewership of cartoon network dramatically increased shortly before the episode which is why he made those comments. And I also bet the viewership decreased dramatically as soon as it was over.
  9. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    In AOTC, Palpy finishes Padme's thought, then replies.

But cutting off Yoda is much different, I'd say. Yes, the plot needs to advance quickly in the short time. It's just a minor point.
  10. Darth_Malt Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! That guy was insane. He referred to us as "Internet Users"!

"For you internet users that are joining us for the first time tonight, you are welcomed here!!"
  11. darthYENIK Force Ghost

star 2
    If you guys have patients you can wait til tomorrow, and it's suposed to be on the clone wars official site.
  12. Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Not working here. Would have been much more reliable to have it non-streaming.
  13. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Basically he made a sterotypical comment that star wars fans are geeks and never get out on Friday night. However, I bet the viewership of cartoon network dramatically increased shortly before the episode which is why he made those comments. And I also bet the viewership decreased dramatically as soon as it was over.

People here to get out here on Friday's? I never knew that!

*Proud to be a geek*

OK, so has anyone managed to view it on HS yet?
  14. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    dp, that's different. Palpy wasn't laying the smackdown on the Jedi there.
  15. DevanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    The commentary on Hyperspace is mighty cool; though sparse (and short!).

Points of note:
    - CG on ships
    - The Qui-Gon line
    - The Yoda opening shot!
  16. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    dp, that's different. Palpy wasn't laying the smackdown on the Jedi there.

No, he was laying it on someone more "powerful" -- Padme.

And he did lay it on the Jedi in the pre-final draft of the script. ;) He insisted on Obi-Wan over an objection by Mace and Yoda.
  17. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I realize it was short because they've only got five minutes and they want to get to the action, it was just a bit jarring to me.

Palpy just acts too evil.

[burns]Excellent[/burns]

18. Indiana-Earl-Jones Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I go out on Fridays. Not EVERY Friday, but many Fridays.
  19. spiritgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the commentary one to work (somewhat, it freezes up here and there) and then the regular one didn't work at all! :(

Still I saw some of it. Pretty cool. I like Obi's voice but Yoda's sorta grated on me. :p

sg
  20. JediAlly Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked the degree of detail they went into to show Anakin's emotions on his face. Praise over what Palpatine said, scowling at Obi-Wan's disapproval.

Dramatic scene - Anakin hurling off his cape.

Humorous moment - C-3PO "catching" Anakin's cape.

Touching - Anakin and Padmé saying goodbye.

Those opening scenes before we arrive at Palpatine's office - are they "clips" from future episodes? Or a overview of what transpired on other worlds before this series began. I prefer it to be the former.
  21. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I was expecting great things from HS for this cartoon, but instead they serve us up something smelly and horrible; the weakest thing they could've done IMO. If that's high quality (on my broadband pipe) then I wonder what their definition of 'low quality' is?
  22. Project_Starscream Force Ghost

star 2
    BTW, I want to read what the people on Toonzone think of this episode but I can't access that board. Does anyone know why? I know this is a bit off-topic but it's not like I can ask them.
  23. Indiana-Earl-Jones Jedi Youngling

star 3
    How to recreate a low-quality clone war cartoon:

1. Walk to TV
    2. Disconnect cable
    3. Turn on TV
    4. Observe
  24. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Streaming... I'm surprised at that. Argh, hopefully it'll be better later tonight.

Maybe it's cos I don't watch a lot of cartoons... but I was really amazed at the amount of emotion shown in some of the characters... especially Anakin and Padme. There was actual pain in their faces. Great stuff.
  25. jabba_the_nut Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was cool but... there's really just nothing to it, you know? It looks like it's going to be a series of animated ads for Episode III. Oh well. I'll be happy with whatever 2-minute lightsaber duels I get, I guess.

What's up with those hosts, anyway? Even ignoring the line insulting the primary audience of the show, they just suck. I liked it better when they had cartoons hosting the shows. I have a hard time believing that any kids anywhere would rather watch those morons than the show they tuned in to see.

I mean, the hosts on Nickelodeon suck too, but those two are just beyond sucking. They lend new meaning to the word suck. In fact, I'm probably insulting stuff that sucks by comparing it to them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.