Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Episode 1 (Assault on Muunilist, Part I) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by dp4m, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMackDaddy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "If you guys have patients you can wait til tomorrow, and it's suposed to be on the clone wars official site."

So I can go to starwars.com tomorrow and download the cartoon for free?
  2. Indiana-Earl-Jones Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I agree Rebelscum. Excellent acting.
  3. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    This fills me with a great snese of dread regarding other HS video exclusives... such as (hopefully) first access to trailers, making of docs.... Are they all gonna be in this rubbish streaming format?
  4. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I agree. The facial expressions were really great. One of the most realistically portrayed things in the short, IMO.
  5. starbird2273 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    thanks for the updates. So it is quicktime streaming, so if you have QT Pro (only $30 ;) ) you can save streaming qt files.

hmmm

$30 for QT Pro
    $20 for Hyperspace
    -----------------
    Maybe I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD. I mean, I have QT Pro, but not Hyperspace (I was waiting for my Insider subscription to expire, but called today to renew early (and get the bundle) but the bundle doesn't exisit anymore.......)

And I was going to use this as my first foray into VCD ceation with menus....
  6. Project_Starscream Force Ghost

star 2
    "What's up with those hosts, anyway? Even ignoring the line insulting the primary audience of the show, they just suck."

They were added recently when Cartoon Cartoon Fridays became Cartoon Network Fridays. The most annoying thing is that they now squash the credits (something which was never done before in Cartoon Network's 10 year history).
  7. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I have QT Pro... and I tried saving it.

It crashed my Internet Explorer.
  8. Cej4096 Jedi Padawan

A few people have said that it will be re-airing at midnight EST. Is this true?

9. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Very possibly, but since we heard it from a mod you'd better take it with a granule of salt.
  10. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How do you save the vids with QuickTime Pro.

I only have sort of "half pro" so it might not work :(
  11. Project_Starscream Force Ghost

star 2
    "A few people have said that it will be re-airing at midnight EST. Is this true?"

Yes, it's true.

"Very possibly, but since we heard it form a mod you'd better take it with a granule of salt."

Toonzone said it was & I trust them about such things.
  12. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I tried clicking, 'Save as QT movie' whilst the few seconds I can get to play were playing. It crashed my PC the second time :mad:
  13. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    There are other ways of saving streaming content using QT Pro...
  14. Ph0enix Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have cable and have to wait for tomorrow :_|

15. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    There are other ways of saving streaming content using QT Pro...

Like...? :)
  16. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I did not like the hosts comments at the beginning. But maybe that was part of the deal of being able to show this on cartoonnetwork. There is no telling what they were require to do.

I loved it though, I have to say that was a lightspeed 3mins.

my favorite highlites:

The part about expaining how spreadout the clone wars is now, the part where Obiwan says he not sure Anakin is ready, (reminds me of ATOC) Where papatine bascially tells Yoda to be quiet, I;m the boss here and if I want anakin to be the head of this thing then so be it. That look between Yoda and Obiwan I will remember come epiii. That is of some importance I think.

Did you catch the part where Anakin throws his cape, like look at how important I am. Or at least thats how I interrupted that part.

17. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Everton:
    No idea, but it may involve hiding inside a smuggling compartment. o_O
  18. starbird2273 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    everton, sorry about that. I am a mac guy, so not sure why it crashed IE.

Master Guff, if you go to your QT settings, make sure enable kiosk mode is not set at it's default (sorry, can't remember which setting, on or off, is default)

then, watch the full stream. on the right of the progress bar (the QT one) there should be a little down arrow. you click it and should have options to save as QT movie or save as source
  19. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Did you catch the part where Anakin throws his cape, like look at how important I am. Or at least thats how I interrupted that part.

Threepio's answer was even better. :p
  20. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hm. I have Hyperspace and a TV, yet I have failed to watch this 2 minute short. I knew God hated me. I just knew it.
  21. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    Everton, remember, Google is your friend. ;)
  22. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I tried the 'Save as QT mive' option again, and it saved a 1kb QT file that when activated just begins streaming from withing a serarate QT player. And still stops after Yoda ignites his saber.

Everton, remember, Google is your friend.

:) I'll have a look.
  23. JediFlork Jedi Master

star 3
    I just watched it on Hyperspace, its definately cool :cool:
  24. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    then, watch the full stream. on the right of the progress bar (the QT one) there should be a little down arrow. you click it and should have options to save as QT movie or save as source

The problem is watching the full stream. It seems that nobody can get past Yoda igniting his saber.
  25. JediFlork Jedi Master

star 3
    I actually got to Mace igniting his saber and it stopped. Then i started over and luckily got to where i was and it was fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.