Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Episode 1 (Assault on Muunilist, Part I) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by dp4m, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starbird2273 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    ah, theu must have know, espcially since we are first in the world to get it run (US/East Coast) and hyperspace is international, that this would peg them out.

maybe THAT is why the first episode is on a friday night....

;)
  2. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Oh dude, that seemed like it was only 30 seconds long! [face_shocked]

But man, what a BEAUTIFUL short time it was! :D Can't wait until Monday! :D

EDIT: I'm going to go watch my video tape again! :D
  3. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    To clear it up for someone who asked.. .

It will be free tommorrow (Saturday) on the Cartoon Network official Clone Wars Mini-series site.

4. Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    Is anyone else having trouble viewing it on HS? I can't get the thing to play, dagnabit.

-Otis
  5. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    BTW, did everyone like how the show host beforehand insulted just about every Star Wars fan out there? [face_plain]

****** *** **** **** ****. [face_plain]
  6. Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    What did the host say, exactly?

Oh, BTW . . awesome new banner.

-Otis
  7. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Just something like...

"So Clone Wars is coming up... For all you people who are actually home on Friday nights just to watch a Star Wars cartoon... Haw haw haw... \\snicker\\ "

*******! [face_plain]
  8. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow...I love the pacing of that episode! Loved the Anakin-Padme moment there. Gave it some nice emotional depth. The Yoda voice was FLAWLESS!

It definitely surpassed my expectations. Bring on Monday! :D
  9. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gargh!!!!! I'm thinking of going to bed, and if this HS problem isn't fixed, you will not want to be around me.
  10. Sithman Chosen One

star 7
    Okay, I just rewatched it like 6 times on my VHS copy (mwuahahaha! I taped it! :D [face_devil] No need for Hyperspace! ) and here's some cool moments I realized I love...

-Saesee Tiin's strafing run on that droid column... SWEET! :D

-Obi-Wan and Anakin "skydiving" down to the battlfield! OMG, that shot was awesome. :D

-Palpatine clicking his bony hands together. :D

-As the funky clone ships take off at the end, there's a quick shot of one of the clones unscrewing a fuel cap underneath the hull of one of the ship... It's EXACTLY like the shot in ANH! :D Great homage. :D
  11. JediObiWan_1387 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That was cool!

If only the music wasn't copyied from AOTC!
  12. DarthStinkyBritches Force Ghost

star 2
    Tivo is MUCH better than VHS or hyperspace :)
  13. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If only the music wasn't copyied from AOTC!

Better than copied from TPM.
  14. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Okay... going to get hyperspace... NOW!

Damn, this place exploded....
  15. Durwood Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very cool. It definitely captured the spirit of Star Wars, and the animation was actually quite good. It was just over too quickly. I mean, I knew they were like two minutes long, but dang did it go by fast!

I loved the part with Obi-Wan watching the ships preparing to take off and musing, "Qui-Gon never prepared me for something like this."

I can't wait to see the rest of the shorts. Now to find a good download site on the internet!
  16. RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Holy crap, you mean its on again at 12? Sha-weet!!! I gotta see it again. Course its gonna be on at 11 here...

Yes, the fat kid insulting everyone kinda irritated me too. But not really. I mean, what does he do on Friday nights? Sit around in a studio with a lot of pissant little kids, thats what. I could've gone to a kickarse party or the movies, as per my usual Friday shcedule, but I didn't. I stayed around at home to watch something awesome on your piddling little network. Be glad of it.
  17. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was great :D

I'll have to record it when it comes on again and just get them all on one tape.
  18. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Hmmm...so I guess I was the only person who wasn't overly impressed with the first "episode"? There were some nice shots, but, there were several "Samuri Jack-y" moments in there that just didn't make it gell for me. Maybe it was the incredibly short time, but all I was left with was, "Wait, that was it?"
  19. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I loved it. [face_love]

As the girlie girl that I am, tears welled up in my eyes as soon as the love theme began playing and Padme appeared in the window.
  20. Rholynn Jedi Knight

star 1
    They so should have made the episodes 30 min. I saw the Lucasfilm logo and was slightly angry that is was over so soon.

Don't get me wrong I loved it but it was just over too quickly.

Can't wait for Monday.
  21. Loyal-Guard Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved it!!!!

I think putting star wars in a cartoon context is a fantastic idea.

I love the design of it all, and the energy as well. I was also surprised at how much dialouge was in it considering the three minute running time. I kind of thought it was just going to be a big battle right out of the gate. (Which I would have been fine with).

I cant belive i didn't tape it! What was i thinking?
  22. UsErOfThEFaRcE Jedi Youngling

star 2
    3 minutes does seem shorer than 10 seconds when you really like it..let me put it thise way....

:) [face_laugh]
  23. Project_Starscream Force Ghost

star 2
    "I mean, what does he do on Friday nights? Sit around in a studio with a lot of pissant little kids, thats what."

Actually, it isn't filmed live (unlike Nick, where it is filmed live).
  24. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    For all you people who are actually home on Friday nights just to watch a Star Wars cartoon
    I hate to say it...but we ARE at home on a Friday night! No shame in that.
  25. JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks to the cool link posted in the "Download Clone Wars...." thread, I was able to see it even though I'm in Canada.

It was great ! It convinced me that if they should keep on making Star Wars stuff on TV after 2005, it should be animated, not live action. That way they can still use canon characters without having to change faces. The voices worked well for me, Yoda was dead on, Obi-Wan was damn good too, and Palpatine was alright. Nothing too different.

Can't wait to see more... if I can. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.