main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Episode 1 (Assault on Muunilist, Part I) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by dp4m, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Jedi_Majik

Jedi_Majik Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    darthpigskin

It was more to the tune of "not even Master Qui-Gon could have prepared the jedi for this."

It's true, in TPM the jedi had no idea it could ever come to this.

2. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Also, for those who missed it, I believe there's a 12 am EST rebroadcast. But I'm not 100% sure.

I guess someone read this, took it as 100% sure, and it grew into a false fact.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, there just went the first commercial break, and still no Clone Wars. Never realized how miserable this Courage show was until now.

4. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    begun my pissed off attitude has

5. UsErOfThEFaRcE

UsErOfThEFaRcE Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2003
    for the love of god why only 3 minutes anyway?whose stupid idea was this?its really good but they should either air the same episode more often or make the show longer.im sure everyone agrees with one of those ideas.

6. Project_Starscream

Project_Starscream Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    "I guess someone read this, took it as 100% sure, and it grew into a false fact."

No, I knew about it way before this topic even existed (it was on Toonzone's schedule & they usually have accurate schedules).

7. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    I don't mind the Three minute format, after all 20 episodes it'll be an hour. i don't think they could make 20 30 minute episodes and it not degenerate into the smurfs or something. I just wish they would replay the episode at least twice for those who have to work or have a life, show it in the three parts of the day, like noon, 6 pm and midnight. One showing is crazy

8. darthYENIK

Oct 3, 2003
    Well Damn Cartoon Network. I bet Lucas made them air it once, so more people would subscribe to HS thinking it wont be on again.

It kills me because I wasn't at work or busy doing something important when it was on, I was playing simpsons freaking hit & run! And I turned the game off like a minute after it ended.

9. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    12:18 AM EST here on the East Coast. The last time I tried watching the video on Hyperspace was over three hours ago...

...and it still isn't working.

It's stopping at the exact same point that it was around 9 PM, right after that bombing run by the Jedi starfighter. The commentary version stalls out too.

FWIW, I still enjoy Hyperspace a lot, but SW.com really dropped the ball on this one, IMHO :(

10. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    It was also on the OS. If you go to the Clone Wars section, and click "Schedule" there is a heading across the top that reads:

Premieres Friday Nov 7, at 8 pm (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network

November 2003 8:30 pm (ET) on Hyperspace/Midnight (ET/PT) Cartoon Network Encore

We didn't just make this one up. Somebody lied to us. And now heads will roll.

11. Project_Starscream

Project_Starscream Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 7, 2001
    "I just wish they would replay the episode at least twice for those who have to work or have a life, show it in the three parts of the day, like noon, 6 pm and midnight."

Originally, the other chapters were going to show at 7AM, 3PM, 5PM, & 12AM. Also, they were going to show the first 10 chapters in a row the day after the 10th chapter aired.

12. darthYENIK

Oct 3, 2003
    I think Lucas and turner (the cartoonnetwork owners, and multimillion dollar company(evil)) relized that the show would be bigger then they thought, so they made a deal to limit the amount of times they show it, insted of the day round thing. So there would be a bigger demand for HS.

13. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
  14. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    "Originally, the other chapters were going to show at 7AM, 3PM, 5PM, & 12AM. Also, they were going to show the first 10 chapters in a row the day after the 10th chapter aired."

Think that'll happen? Nah, they're gonna make us pay for hyperspace. I wonder if we can still download them from CN, or if they'll scrap that too.....

15. darthYENIK

Oct 3, 2003
    Well they say on CN that you can download it on nov. 8th, today for most of the world. But it isn't letting me do it. So maybe.

Well at least something slightly star wars is on, time squad. Mark Hamill is the voice of the robot.

16. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    DO NOT SIGN UP to Hyperspace to get access to this. DO NOT.

It's not high quality, and it doesn't work yet.

There are bit torrents for this out there, that have higher resolution, plus, the Hyperspace video on cartoon network doesn't require you to have a hyperspace login (cookie). Looks like they screwed up on the bandwidth, and on the acccess.

17. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    They were always going to give it free on Cartoon Network to US users.

But currently, I've tried playing it and I keep getting this wierd kind of (what I presume is an) error. So go figure.

And worse, CN doesn't have an encoure marked anywhere on their schedule--I just checked.

18. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I went out and bought a new tape and plan to tape all 20 on it. I wished it was longer but I enjoyed what they showed. I liked the use of the sounds effects and music from all the episodes incorporated into the chapter.

I would liked to have actually heard 3PO and R2 speak instead of just standing there. I didn't understand the attempt at humor with Obiwan's robe landing on 3PO. It didn't seem to fit in with the serious tone of the whole chapter. I do like how it is quick and to the point, but hey, at 3 plus minutes you can't have too much fat right?

Anyway, I thought it was good and look forward to the other chapters.

19. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    I intend to swipe them off of Kazaa as soon as they're available.

20. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    They are already available, but it would not be ethical to provide the bit torrent link for them here.

You can PM me to discuss that ethical issue, 20 minutes to go before I turn off this PC :)

21. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Actually I'm on a very high speed ethernet connection here at college. It seemed to work perfectly fine for me. I've watched it 10 times. I'm most looking forward to seeing my namesake, (look at the character on the left side of this banner in between admiral ackbar and Padme) making an appearance. I'd also like to see Giddean Danu make a pre episode 3 appearance (Look at my icon) because I'm on a Christopher Kirby rampage lately especially since I just got done seeing him as Link in Matrix Revolutions.

22. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    I've been trying to view this damn thing on HS since 8pm, with no luck. I keep getting the "11001 . . not found" notification.

What the heck can I do to see this thing???

-Otis

23. Xenobi

Xenobi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Anakins shadow as he walks to his speeder looks just like Vader's ... he takes of his Robe...like becoming good again!!

24. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    Good catch Xenobi, just went back to check that out, yes it's exactly like vader. Nice detail! Also has the Imperial March while the ships are leaving and he appears.

When he's in the platform with the droids about to take his robe off, the Across the Stars Love theme starts playing. Very well done!!!

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    From the OS:

=================================
    UPDATE: (10:40 p.m. PT) Cartoon Network has discovered the root of the problem and anticipates a fix Saturday morning.