main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion -- Clone Wars: Episode 1 (Assault on Muunilist, Part I) [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by dp4m, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    "I didn't understand the attempt at humor with Obiwan's robe landing on 3PO."

It's Anakin, whose robe lands on 3-PO. If anybody's voice sounds off, it's Palpatine's. We haven't heard Anakin yet. And the clunkiest part is Palpatine's, "Then it is decided." with Obi-Wan and Yoda's immediate, reluctant acceptance. Otherwise, it was pretty cool. We all knew how short it was going to be.

2. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah, the voices so far are great, Obi's and Yoda's. Palpatine, not so good, not fond of his character design. But everybody else is great.

The robe is a nice touch, notice how it looks like Vader with the imperial march. he disrobes while the love theme plays.

3. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    The whole thing will be an hour long total. A non stop action cartoon movie. Sounds good to me. :D

I was really looking forward to the audio commentary vid. Looks like it'll have to wait tommorow.

Got a great recording of it though, I plan to record them all back to back so I won't have to wait for the DVD (though I'll get that too). :D

4. ScottAlmighty

ScottAlmighty Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Seemed pretty sweet to me. I think that the voices were as good as they could be...since they are different actors, I think the trick is to catch the style of the real actors' performances...not really to do a direct impression.

Palpatine looked a little odd. I liked it. It's something cool to look forward to till EP3.

~Scott

5. RebelForce

RebelForce Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2003
    C L + N E W A R S
    I was underwhelmed. It was exciting, and keep in mind that I have only seen it once, but...
    Nobody talks back to Yoda. I don't care how strong you say the Dark Side is. No, Palpatine, you cannot conclude a discussion with "Then it's settled." whilst talking with Yoda.
    Also: OK, we know now that Anakin is going to be in control of the space fleet, a Padawan alone, and we build to a terrific scene of the army on the march, Vader's Theme resounding, an over the shoulder close up, obscured by a heavy, twisting cloak reveals...Obi Wan?
    What?
    I guess this is going to be another lowest common denominator spin off. (Yes, I was a dupe for the Ewok Adventures. At least the second one. Buit the Holiday Special....) It will rope new fans. Mostly kids. The devoted, myself included will treasure it for the piece of historical mythology that it is. But really, why commodify it so? Why can't it be the greatest space epic ever told?

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Still haven't seen it.

Thanks Hyperspace, you're the best [face_plain]

7. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I die a little bit each time I don't get to see it...

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    There's nothing quite like a pissed off Star Wars fan ;)

9. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    If you haven't found it your not searching enough.

Just got to see it finally...

Highlights:
    1) The Jedi Starfighters dropping explosives on the battle droid army
    2) Mace ripping through the Super Battle Droids
    3) Yoda on the Taun Taun

At first I was very much in support of the cartoons being short because I was pecemistic about them having good story, and deep down I really didn't think they would be very good. However now I see they are very well made and have excellent potential, and I wish it was full show length. If not a full half hour maybe 15 minute episodes, or even as others have said a mini series.

All in all, very nice. My only complaint: too short.

!snap

10. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Its amazing how that one 30sec scene in Palpatine's office conveys the whole
    Palpatine/Anakin/Obi-wan/Yoda dynamic better then all the lon winded babble in AOTC, in 1 short scene they covered everything in a much more effective way then all those boring scenes in the jedi temple discusing how Anakin is arogant and what not. Eveything you need to know about the interaction of these four characters is spelled out perfectly in those two or three lines of dialogue.

Same goes for the ending, they manage to
    capture the essence of the love story with just 5 seconds of images and John
    Williams great music, which is how the movie should of done it, instead of scene after scene of attrocious dialogue. "Let the music and images tell the story." "Faster more intense" things GL forgot with AOTC that the CLONE WARS team remembered.

Over all I think this series is shaping up to be really cool. I love cell shading animation so thats a plus. I can't wait
    till monday.

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Hm, seems as if a miracle has happened, and they have made it a non-streaming video.

Neo... wherever you are... thank you.

12. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    That's a little better... still now saveable though.

!snap

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I saved it. :)

Anyway, even though I'm... like 14 hours late, I finally saw it, and I can't believe how amazing the production values came off. The only complaint I have is how much the end of this felt like the end of Episode II. It was a great sequence, but it could have felt a bit different. Only a minor complaint, and nothing that is really BOTHERING me. The visuals are amazing, and I can tell a decent amount of work went into the script. If this is any indication, this is going to be one fantastic series.

14. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    This is what episode II should have been like. Quick economic story telling, good action. Proper characterization that is relayed through facial expressions instead of people just explaining everything "Anakin is Arrogant"

Very cool indeed.

So is Anakins fighter and the clone fighters the same ones that will appear in ep3?

Will we see Anakin get knighted and grow his hair long during the cartoon series?

That would be cool.

I really hope GL lets them do a series between TPM and AOTC, as I feel we missed a lot of important stuff in there.

It would also be cool to see a series between ep3 and ep4, showing some backstory on Han, Luke and Leia. Luke at Toshe station with Biggs, then Biggs and Tank leaving. Han making the kessel run. Set up of the Leia/Tarkin dynamic. That kind of stuff would be awesome in this kind of series.

15. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Well it's about time!!

Not too bad, however, it could have been fleshed out a lot more. I don't think the montage of battles (which will be used in future episodes) was really neccessary. In its place we could have had a better covnersation between Yoda/Obi-Wan/Anakin and Palpatine.

The "Then it's decided" and Yoda/Obi-Wan's expression came up far too quickly. However, the Anakin/Padmé sequence was great.

I do hope however, that some extra footage is filmed for the Special Edition ;)

16. rofreitas

rofreitas Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2003
    How long is it? 5 minutes?

www.JediLibrary.com.br
    A biblioteca dos Jedis

17. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I loved it like a fat kid love cake! Honestly my favirute scene was the good-bye scene with anakin's starfighter at Padme's window. Goos stuff along with the use of Across the Stars

18. DarthJaime

DarthJaime Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    A w e s o m e !!! The present time is a great time. Especially with the anticipation of EPIII. At least they are giving us something in the meantime. Star Wars rules!

19. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I actually was not thinking about episode III but was into the show's plot. For once, I did not even think about Episode III

20. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Now, I'm happy again! I loved it!!

21. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    I truly cannot wait to watch this over and over again on DVD. I think that Lucas should really go after Tatravosky(sp?) as a Lucasfilm employee he can do this better than anyone else.

22. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Was the sound that poor on TV? It took a couple of viewings to understand everything Yoda was saying at the start.

23. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I thought it was great. Palpatine's character design was a bit too extreme but other than that the cartoon's pretty cool. Shows you can actually do a lot in three minutes. Favorite shot was the clonetroopers wearing ponchos firing in the rain. The ending with Anakin and Padme's silent goodbye was great. Did anybody see before the cartoon the kid show host introducing it was laughing and basically dissing the Star Wars fans who were tuning in to watch it? The guy was like "Since some of the new people watching don't have anything better to do on a Friday night!" and the girl co-hosting was "Be nice!"

24. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Hey, Hyperspace isn't showing up for some reason now and the old link at cartoon network is dead. I'm going to try a few unethical solutions and if that doesn't work, I'll come back here. ;)

25. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    I was completely blown away by the first episode of the Clone Wars cartoon. The animation was amazing, the characterizations were dead-on. I really loved Palpatine's manipulation of the Jedi and the Anakin/Padme farewell scene, simply incredible.