main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion: Clone Wars Season 3 [Chapter 24: Shocking Secrets] (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by YodaJeff, Mar 23, 2005.

1. GhostHand

GhostHand Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    That was awesome

I gotta admit that the train sequence definelty had a matrix like feel to it.

And the cave scene. It felt like Anakin was on an acid trip. This truely is what Anakin will become if he gives into his hate. Just as what would happen w/ Luke if he gave into his hate. The tribalness was cool.

I also liked how when the Jedi where waiting for the elevator, Hammerhead was repeatidly hitting the button. [face_laugh]

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Spoilers removed

3. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Yes! Yes! very cool the whole thing..bring on the official thread.. hey Wicket at least they had the train station at all, and they did a good job with the chase. Its not the same as the book, but at the moment the book can kind of pick up where the cartoon leaves off . .

and I'll stop right there because you haven't read it yet

the whole Nevlann Episode simply HAS to be occuring at a different time, because otherwise there are too many things not making sense.. so I would worry about old Wat Tambour

The cave vison wasn't much weirder to me than Luke's own vision in ESB I kinda like it..
    Maybe the place was strong in the forse..Maybe the Markings on Anakin react to heat and steam.. who knows? Anyway I'll shush now

4. cheese_boy

cheese_boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    Hell, I'd forgotten all about Reversal of Fortune. The Ithorian Jedi kicks ass.

5. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm pretty sure that is NOT Wat Tambour in the Clone Wars Cartoon. Wat IS with the council, so....this would be a different member of his species.

6. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, I was laughing at the Hammerhead clicking the button several times.

7. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I hope that GT get another Emmy for this. He really has done a great job.

8. cheese_boy

cheese_boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    I didn't think for a second that the Separatist 'leader' was Wat Tambor. If it is, I'm not exactly going to be gutted.

9. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Grievous is like the termanator. Brilliant! Brilliant! Except for that Ithorion Jedi, he was dumb. The walls visions were completely Darth Vader.
    Terminator? The guy didn't even terminate anyone. That was another slight disappointment for me.
    But personally despite his ridiculous overpowerment I thought that Corobb was awesome to see in action, both in powers and in lightsaber combat. I saw that on the preview of the DVD for season 1 and couldn't wait to see him combat. I know others have expressed a like of it, but I thought that the image of Vader on the walls was corny and stupid. Way too cliche and predictable, in that 'I know its coming and I know I'm going to hate it' kinda way.

The beginning where Palpatine "doesn't realise" that the guy barging in is Grievous was halarious!
    Agreed. It was that moment that I finally kinda accepted that the Jedi could have not known that he was Sidious...

Then that Ithorian sound thingy was awsome, and held Grievous back. I thought the scene where they were waiting for the elevator while listning to Grievous slaughter those guys was great. It was terrifying, yet halarious at the same time. That had to be the most important elevator to catch ever Then I was litteraly laughing out loud when I saw Grievous running down the building right next to them
    Agreed on all accounts. The Ithorian pressing the button again made was not only funny but really brought out something that our world can relate to.

His bodygaurds were great, and I loved the sound their staves made. That jumping from platform to platform was reminiscant of TPM, but much better with Grievous over Maul, and the fight on the transport was really cool
    Yeah, I really got that TPM feeling... didn't really notice the sound of the staves... I guess I kinda noticed when the hit against the sabers... I'll have to listen again.

When they cut over to Anakin I started groaning. When the little wall animation started, I was thinking "Is this really nessicary?" I knew it had something to do with Anakin, but I couldn't figure out what. But when I heard Padmé, it all clicked. Now I really want to see that sequence again![/i[
    Yeah, I groaned too... but I didn't stop until it was over. This is the section where I become a bitter old kid... probably the thing that I will complain about most... I just didn't feel like it even belonged in the Star Wars universe.

That battle at the tram station had to be one of the most intense man to man battles of the PT (so far). It was absolutely spectacular! It was great to see the Ithorian running on the tram I was laughing out loud when Shaak Ti tied Grievous' cape onto the tram, and even harder when he just zipped away Reminds me of the Incredables bit about having capes Oh, I forgot.
    Agreed. While a bit over the top, if suspending disbelief it was quite enjoyable... I would've laughed really hard if we actually saw Grievous being pulled along through the air... I totally thought of the Incredibles as well.

Seeing Grievous slowly walk into that blast coming from the Ithorian was great! It was so cool! And finaly we get to the seperatist plot on that planet, allthough we still don't quite know what it is. When Anakin was spying on them, it was very reminiscant of Obi-Wan spying on Dooku on Geonosis in AOTC. And to finish it up, we get attack of the mole people
    Seeing as I'm still not quite sure what was going on with that, I thought it was pretty cool, but I didn't quite get how it worked. The spying thing really made a nice connection with me, and when it turned out to be a Separatist plot I really thought that there was going to be a payoff I'd really enjoy. But alas, I really just don't care about these random aliens from nowhere in the galaxy, and fate and destiny aside even, I just feel no threat for Anakin.

That part... it seemed too much cartoon and too little Star Wars. If it wasn't in the Star Wars clone wars context... I probably would have enjoyed it alot more.

10. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Even Jedi have the real life troubles. :p

I realized why this episode was so fabulous: It was actually like a movie. it had cinimatic shots, a wonderfull plot, and movie like action sequence. And to top it all off, Gendy didn't exaderate the Jedi's Force abilities, making it much, much, much more like the actual movies, and much more belieavable. Tomorow is goining to be the most exciting day untill I see ROTS. It'll premiere the final chapter leading directly into ROTS, and this episode will be available to me online :cool:

Oh, and the tram station fight definately had a nod to The Matrix. I don't care if there was something similar in the book, just cinimatically, and how they were constantly dodging trains, was just so a la Matrix.

I really have to read Labrynth of Evil...

wicket1138: I believe the Ithorian thing was a very strong sonic deal. They have two mouths, which allready makes for a booming voice, and I assume strong lungs. Just think of what he was doing as a screamy so strong that the waves knock over physical matter. I though it was really cool when the thing ended, we see the Ithorian gasping for breath :) :cool: As Kershner said in the ESB Audio Commentary, it's vary important to see someone gasping for breath after not having it for a while (allthough he was reffering to Lando being chocked by Chewie). It didn't even hit me till he was catching his breath that he would need to. Really cool little detail. :p

EDIT: I'd really like to see a scene like the elevator wait in ROTS. Just repetadly tapping the button, and waiting for your doom could really make Star Wars a lot more realistic, allthough it probably is a bit too cartoony for a movie. :p

11. DarthFlatulence

DarthFlatulence Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Clone Wars 24 - Kind of a letdown from the action of #23, but there were some great moments. The wall-paintings bit that led to the Vader revelation was very reminiscent of the scene from "The Prince of Egypt", where the slaughter of the innocents was revealed to Moses. The hover-train take off with Grevious tethered to it was hilarious. Quite funny, but unfortunately it was cliche - the villan ends up getting screwed over because he took to long to dispactch the heroes while making some sort of stupid speech or toying with his victims. Can you say "Austin Powers"?

The Grevious running the walls and down the side of the building for some reason reminded me of Kane from "Robocop 2".

I'm saddened that this "newly discovered series" (have only seen the last four episodes) is ending, but really excited about seeing how this is all going to spill over into Revenge of the Sith.

12. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Wow, looks like Anakin is really going to get serious in 25. :D

The whole 'chase scene' was really great, with some downright hiliarious moments (Grievous running down the wall and Corobb pushing the elevator button a bunch :p ).

13. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Yes! Yes! very cool the whole thing..bring on the official thread.. hey Wicket at least they had the train station at all, and they did a good job with the chase. Its not the same as the book, but at the moment the book can kind of pick up where the cartoon leaves off . .

and I'll stop right there because you haven't read it yet

I have a pretty good idea of what happens based on what others in these threads as well as those in the Reversal of Fortune and other 3SA threads have said... that and at least a little part of it is obvious as it connects with RoF.

the whole Nevlann Episode simply HAS to be occuring at a different time, because otherwise there are too many things not making sense.. so I would worry about old Wat Tambour
    I pray that this is so... even though I doubt that it can be clearly answered... unless somehow it shows them directly going from there to Coruscant... I guess we'll have to wait until then for me to see how I feel about those little sections.

The cave vison wasn't much weirder to me than Luke's own vision in ESB I kinda like it..
    Maybe the place was strong in the forse..Maybe the Markings on Anakin react to heat and steam.. who knows? Anyway I'll shush now

I understood the whole idea that this is supposed to be the same idea as the cave... and that is kinda why I don't like it... nevertheless, I'm doing my best to evaluate it as well as possible... the place being strong in the force is probably the best candidate...

Hell, I'd forgotten all about Reversal of Fortune. The Ithorian Jedi kicks ass.
    Thats in part why I was so happy to see him being so incredibly cool in this episode.

I'm pretty sure that is NOT Wat Tambour in the Clone Wars Cartoon. Wat IS with the council, so....this would be a different member of his species.
    I was pretty sure of that as well during the episode, but I was just taking the precautions and evaluating it like it might have been Tambor... another reason that I don't think it is him is that I'm thinking these guys'll be diced next episode...

Even Jedi have the real life troubles
    Another thing that made me laugh similar to this was crossing into the train station, the 'please deposit republic credits'. If this hadn't been Star Wars, I would have wanted one of the bodyguards to stop and start paying for all of them. But since its Star Wars I'm glad they didn't.

I realized why this episode was so fabulous: It was actually like a movie. it had cinimatic shots, a wonderfull plot, and movie like action sequence. And to top it all off, Gendy didn't exaderate the Jedi's Force abilities, making it much, much, much more like the actual movies, and much more belieavable. Tomorow is goining to be the most exciting day untill I see ROTS. It'll premiere the final chapter leading directly into ROTS, and this episode will be available to me online
    Very much agreed on those accounts. The only thing is the Ithorian's power, which I'm just wondering what exactly it is. Depending on what exactly is going on I could even accept the power (mainly because I like the Ithorian... padawan of father Poof and all)

wicket1138: I believe the Ithorian thing was a very strong sonic deal. They have two mouths, which allready makes for a booming voice, and I assume strong lungs. Just think of what he was doing as a screamy so strong that the waves knock over physical matter. I though it was really cool when the thing ended, we see the Ithorian gasping for breath As Kershner said in the ESB Audio Commentary, it's vary important to see someone gasping for breath after not having it for a while (allthough he was reffering to Lando being chocked by Chewie). It didn't even hit me till he was catching his breath that he would need to. Really cool little detail.
    I think that the sonic deal is a very good idea... I couldn't quite catch what Shaak Ti said to Palps... anyone want to relay that to me? That might explain it... and also I'm mainly just hoping that the next update of the RPG will include his power... h

14. Annadalla

Annadalla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    LOL That was definately awesome! I looooved it!

The train sequences was the best part! LOVED Shaak Ti's " I don't thinks so." CLassic! LOL

I didn't realize that it was forming Vader's Helmet! WOW! *curses* I'm going to have to watch it again now...

As for the animal things... 0_o

I'm glad Anakin's finally starting to try and do as Obi-Wan tells him. He's doing the "Fighting isn't always the best alternative' method like Obi-Wan told him in like Chapter 22.

It does make me sad when after trying to be patient and Jedi-like, he ends up getting screwed anyway by having the creatures turn on him :'(

Poor Anakin

15. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    things i liked
    *papitine talking to grievous
    *grievous slatering the clones
    *ithorian blast
    *grievouses gaurds
    *the train station scean
    *shaak ti tieing greivouses cape to the train
    *Wat Tambor

Things i dident like
    *thouse mutant creatures
    *not enuf battle

16. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    This episode was too Grevious heavy for me. I don't like how he just kills every clone and guard possible. Sort of gives you no tension because you know already before the start fights he's just going to start twirling his blades and kill everyone.

My favorite part was when the female Jedi wrapped his cloak around the subway! That was great. Oh and Palpatine trying to get in Grevious' face, I really like it when peolple get that guy.

17. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Cool episode! Especially the Grievous/Jedi/Palpers stuff. And I too really enjoyed the Ithorian pushing the turbolift button. [face_laugh]

If that is Wat Tambor, it shouldn't be an issue because those scenes likely aren't taking place at the same time as the Coruscant scenes.

My main gripe is that as soon as Anakin walked into that cave, I knew they wouldn't pass up their chance to throw in some obligatory Vader foreshadowing. And lo and behold, I was right. But I actually didn't catch the Vader mask; I'll be sure to watch for it on my second viewing.

18. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Anabody catch the Weilhelm (Sp?) scream from the last two troopers?

That was a nice touch I'll say.

19. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Another thing that made me laugh similar to this was crossing into the train station, the 'please deposit republic credits'. If this hadn't been Star Wars, I would have wanted one of the bodyguards to stop and start paying for all of them. But since its Star Wars I'm glad they didn't.

Oh, dammit! That's what was said. I missed that line. Drat :p But it was still great to see all of them just hopping over the things, whith not a care in the world about them, even the Jedi. That not only puts in more realism because the had those things, but the fact that in this fabulose chase scene, no one cares, and they all jump it. Very earth like.

I really hope they show all five in a row here in the US, so the I can tape them :) I'm so buying whichever DVD has this season, if not only to see this episode and infinate amount of times [face_devil] :p

Anabody catch the Weilhelm (Sp?) scream from the last two troopers?

That was a nice touch I'll say.

Oh yeah, for got to mention that! That was great. A wonderfull nod to the Star Wars movies (esp. ANH), and to all movies in general. I was laughing out loud when I heared that :D

20. amazonstorm

amazonstorm Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    That episode, especially with the mutated warriors, actually frightened me...but the fighting was excellent...those cave drawings were a little odd...but I did catch the Vader mask! All in all: 10/10....

21. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Wicket1138

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

I pity your blindness.
    Grievous didn't terminate anyone? Where were you at the whole beginning of the cartoon! HE killed the whole room full of clones and guards. Slice and dice!

22. darklighter1

darklighter1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2001
    Another thing you guys may have missed was the Ithorian trying to catch his breath on the elevator was the same sound as Vader's labored breathing in RoTJ after Being fried by the Emperor.

23. darklighter1

darklighter1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2001
    "I really hope they show all five in a row here in the US, so the I can tape them I'm so buying whichever DVD has this season, if not only to see this episode and infinate amount of times"

Cartoon network is showing them back to back from 8pm - 9:30 eastern on Saturday the 26th.

24. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Hm... This chapter... I don't really know what to say. There was a lot for my brain to comprehend tonight. Not that I didn't enjoy the episode. I really did. The stuff with Anakin in that cave just didn't sit to well with me. I don't know... Something just seemed a bit off with me.

25. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Thanks, darklighter1 :)