main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Official Discussion: Clone Wars Season 3 [Chapter 24: Shocking Secrets] (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by YodaJeff, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Well they didnt pay for the subway, no..

but Grevious did just destroy like two or three of the gates as he continued the chase...

almost like he was saying "shut the hell up!"

2. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It was great to finally see the jedi succesfully using the force against Grievous, and also showing how he overcame it. Oh and Shaak Ti's trick with the cape was absolutley amazing, thats Jedi skillz for you.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    almost like he was saying "shut the hell up!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Actually, I imagine Grievous to be a more subtle person. So in my mind it's more like:

"Oh, shut up." *BOOM*

4. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    i liked all the coruscant scenes! They were fantastic. But the Anakin thing was boring and way too much foreshadowing. Grevious kicks butt in this chapter. Loved the magnaguards. BRavo!

5. Darth-KrayzieBone

Darth-KrayzieBone Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2001
    I absolutely loved the hallucination that Anakin hand in the cave. At first I didnt know where it was going, but by the end it make complete sense. Nice job by Gendy with that sequence.

6. Darth_Ponderous

Darth_Ponderous Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Just watched it and the chase and the battle in the train station was well done. Shaak Ti and the others showed some pretty impressive Jedi tricks.

As for Anakins vision in the cave, again maybe a bit too much of borrowing elements or lines from the OT. It was much like Luke's in TESB, given that some type of vision of Vader comes to both of them.

All in all a pretty good episode, just too bad there is only one more to go. Bummer.

7. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Chapter 24 keeps the success of this series rolling right along!

First off, the General is a bad@$$!!! I loved how they didn't shy away from letting the viewer see how the Clones paid for trying to get between the General and his prize! Cartoons have definitely come a long way from the "nobody gets shot" G.I.Joe and Transformers I used to watch growing up. Okay, that dates me! :D

When he stomps on that helmet and it shatters! Very cool! :cool:

The Ithorian (sp), yeah, I voted for that guy on the Cartoon Network website durring season one, but the wolfman guy won. Glad to see him kick some butt, Banshee of the X-Men would be proud!

The train station, finally some comic relief that didn't involve 3-PO!

The Magnagaurds are cool, but they seemed too good. Shaak-Ti is a Jedi Master, she should have dispatched them quicker, they were almost too good in my book.

The cape thing at the end was clever, but I couldn't help from hearing Edna from the Incredibles saying, "No Cape!" :D

Anakin's vision, nice way to forshadow what's going to happen to him. Did anyone else notice before it ended the "scribbles" formed around his head like the Vader helmet!? Clever GT!

Gripes, the Anakin trial story is taking way too long, and for a planet populated by millions of beings, where the heck are they?! Where's the Security Forces?

Anyway, I loved it, can't wait for tomorrow, but I'm sad to see it end so soon. :(

8. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I pity your blindness.
    There are many qualities of yours that I pity as well.

Grievous didn't terminate anyone? Where were you at the whole beginning of the cartoon! HE killed the whole room full of clones and guards. Slice and dice!
    He didn't terminate of any consequence to me. Killing a clone? Heck, anyone could do that. Everyone has done that. Clones get knocked out the wazoo. And one guard. One. Single. Guard. Wow. Impressive. Most impressive. He did a lot of running after them and not actually catching them. For the amazing Grievous this just wasn't his episode. I was pointing out that he didn't kill any Jedi, the only ones that really matter. So thanks.

Hm... This chapter... I don't really know what to say. There was a lot for my brain to comprehend tonight. Not that I didn't enjoy the episode. I really did. The stuff with Anakin in that cave just didn't sit to well with me. I don't know... Something just seemed a bit off with me.
    Second the motion.

i liked all the coruscant scenes! They were fantastic. But the Anakin thing was boring and way too much foreshadowing. Grevious kicks butt in this chapter. Loved the magnaguards. BRavo!
    Once again, agreed.

The Ithorian (sp), yeah, I voted for that guy on the Cartoon Network website durring season one, but the wolfman guy won.
    I voted the same.

9. IndianaJosh

IndianaJosh Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    The cartoon version of Shaak Ti is so cute. ^_^

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Better, but it bothers me that the main characters
    (Anakin/Obi-Wan) have the lame subplot while the
    Muppett Jedi have all the fun. At least this "Dances
    with Taun Tauns" story line is finally going somewhere.

RATING: ** 1/2

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Another good chapter- the Grievous chasing the Jedi sequence is the best SW chase scene since Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, what with the unrelenting nature of it.

The Nelvaan scenes are starting to get interesting- though for some reason I didn't make the connection to the wall paintings talking about Anakin until I started reading this thread- I thought the paintings were telling of some weird spirit or infection that had infected/infiltrated and killed the other warriors and this was what Anakin was gonna have to fight.

12. KillaBeeSwarm

KillaBeeSwarm Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    The Nelvaan scenes are starting to get interesting- though for some reason I didn't make the connection to the wall paintings talking about Anakin until I started reading this thread- I thought the paintings were telling of some weird spirit or infection that had infected/infiltrated and killed the other warriors and this was what Anakin was gonna have to fight.

I didn't make the connection myself until coming here on the board. I'll have to slow-mo through that scene sequence once it becomes available at the OS to see Vader's mask. I thought there was a kindred "ghost hand" Nelvaan native that lost control of his powers and destroyed the people he was trying to protect.

13. DarthFlatulence

DarthFlatulence Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Cartoons have definitely come a long way from the "nobody gets shot" G.I.Joe and Transformers I used to watch growing up. Okay, that dates me!

Yeah dude, I got really tired of seeing one of the JOE or C.O.B.R.A. airplanes get blown to bits and the pilot simply ejected before it crashed. Kind of like that old Pink Panther cartoon where PP is in a house that has fallen off a cliff, and just as it hits the ground, PP steps out to safety!

Now thats REALLY dated!

Clone Wars definitely more realistic. Won't let my 4 year old watch. She loves Star Wars, but its still a bit too intense for young padawans.

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I realized what it was talking about when I heared Padmé.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, I didn't hear Padme, I'll have to pay attention to that...

16. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    It's when the dude is killing his lover :p

17. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    That's it. I'm not coming to the SS forum anymore. I really wish somebody would mod this place, or that some people would at least use common sense or common courtesy, or at least follow the rules. Hint hint.

See you in two months.

18. Darth_Deus

Darth_Deus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2000

I think my favorite part of that episode was when they were waiting for the elevator, and that guy started pushing the button repeatedly!! Subtle, but hilarious!!

edit:
    Wow, I totally missed the arm thing on the wall morphing into Vader's helmet!!! That's my new favorite part.

Also interesting imagery...the arm gets bigger and bigger, until it kills everyone and consumes "ghost arm."

19. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Sorry, dude. I edited it out, but it was merely speculation. I'm actually not spoiled :p I was actually indicating that Anakin will probably end of being the death of her. Directly, or indirectly, I don't know...

20. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Subtle, but hilarious!!

I liked that too :p.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No Episode 3 spoilers are to be posted in this forum except for in the spoilers-allowed thread. Future violations will result in a banning.

22. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    All violations should result in a banning, whether past or future. The warning is posted for all to see in the forum header.

Spoiling people is inexcusable and unacceptable, and ought to merit a 3 month ban at minimum. Just my (angry) take on it.

"Show no mercy".

23. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Eh, all spoilers will be officially released in 9 days anyway :p

This chapter was told in a breathtaking pace. You need to watch it 3-4 times to really catch up to it all.

You guys did catch Padmé's voice in that vision, followed by the heiroglyphics morphing into a facsimilie of Vader's mask in the cave...right? This journey Anakin is on is very spiritual, and in the spirit of ESB.

As good as this cartoon is, I don't care about continuity. It's just fun action that will take us right into ROTS.

24. Brutal_Mentor

Brutal_Mentor Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2005
    I must say that General Grievous has become quite a humorous character. I chuckled during the scene where he kept his head low while Palpatine was giving him a lecture.
    "I am the supreme chancellor Palpatine of the Galactic Republic and I will not be bullied by some thug who happens to..."
    Bahahaha

25. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Yes, after the animated wall painting on Navleen, I heard Pamde yell, "ANAKIN!" At least it sounded like her...

"Please deposite two Republic Credits"

And I loved the Ithorian pushing the lift button.