main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Discussion: How to bring Jimmy back from the dead-PLAUSIBLY!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBoba, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I-like many Jimmy fans-was saddened with Jimmy's death in SBS. This is a discussion on how to plausibly bring him back to life.

Here are my favorite ways to bring him back:

1. Have him be reincarnated. I've always thought Jimmy was born to do something special for the Force-perhaps not balance it, but to maintain that balance. Perhaps the Force itself could do something-have him reappear whole and alive.

2. The blue glowy spirit-this is OK, but I don't like it as mucyh as option 1.

3. The conspiracy theory. Perhaps Jimmy had a visuion of the Jedi and the republic ultimately losing, and decided he needed to seemingly die to continue the Jedi.

Thoughts?

2. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    The all too obvious explanation of "He never really died, he was just in a coma" yadda yadda. Perhaps we'll see that.

JMA

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Have him escape the Afterlife.

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    But how? I want a decent explanation. I mean, if lowly fanfic writers can come up with stuff like the Force reincarnating folks, surely paid authors can do at least as well..

5. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    maybe they have a clone sample around somewhere, though that has been done quite a number of times.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm still leaning towards the Vong putting him in their equivalent of a bacta tank and turning him into a Vong Dark Jedi.

7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm not sure on that one..Anakin strikes me as the sort of person who'd be next to impossible to turn on the Jedi. I'd think he'd turn on the folks trying to convert him in a Darth Vong.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, but I was just thinking of the vision he had of a Vong-converted Dark Jedi in Conquest. Maybe it wasn't Tahiri he was seeing, but himself!

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No coma. His life energy burst out with the Force. He became One with the Force. It is surprising his body did not disappear. After using that much energy... it doubt he would've survived without the wounds.

10. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    How do we know that much of the Force didn't heal him completely? It burned the poison from his veins before it had a chance to take effect. Not to mention the fact that his body DIDN'T disappear. That's the huge piece of evidence for those who believe that Anakin will return. It's said that only true JEdi disappear into the Force. Daeshara'cor did, most recently. Why on earth would Anakin not, if he was dead? The guy died the absolute truest death a Jedi Knight could die. Somethin smells fishy....

JMA

11. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Good point, Bib, but that strikes me as a little too obvious. A lot of folks would bemoan another Anakin turning Dark. Besides, if he did go to the Dark Side and went Sith, the Vong would quickly find they had a wolf for a pet. And not a friendly one, either.

12. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Bib, hermano, you have to try actually reading the whole sentence. The dark jedi he saw was a CHICK, get it?! A CHICK! Anakin doesn't have quote "hair the color of a golden sunrise on Coruscant". If you wanted to say that maybe he was gonna be evil her stead, why didn't you say that?

13. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, I loathe how people keep missing that...but boy, it would be cool if Anakin turned to the Dark Side and turned on the Vong. They wouldn't have a chance if he went full Sith.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Oops, my memory of that passage is a bit vague. All I remember is that he sees a dark Jedi wearing the vonduun armor or something.

15. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    I know, it's never easy to remember... but I remember because thinking about Tahiri wearing that tight chitin is so... um, nevermind!

16. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    JMA, I can't believe anyone would claim Qui-Gon Jinn was not a "true Jedi."

17. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Let him step out of the ion-shower while Leia wakes up from a terrible dream. then Chewie walks in for breakfast ...

18. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    Has anyone thought of cloning Jimmy? We'll make a million of him! IT'LL BE GREAT!

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    LOL, um, no.

Anyway, Qui-Gon was an accurate depiction of a Jedi in the field, IMO.

20. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Ummm i think he should remain dead because it would really cheapen his and chewbakas deaths.
    Also, we cant have everyone coming back from death all the time. Although i admit i like the dark jedi theories,(read my new sith order thread)i still think he should remain a tragic heroic death.
    I mean if my man Maul has to stay dead, then so should jimmy ;)

21. Grand_High_Knome

Grand_High_Knome Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2001
    Who is Jimmy? I don't remember reading about him in SBS.

22. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    I agree that it would most likely be fairly ridiculous and in many ways totally ruin SBS in retrospect, but then DR have also reintroduced the tired old kidnap story line, even though they know how lame that is. I thought Anakin's death was deliberately ambiguous. "Gone" can mean anything. And there was no moon crashing down to finalise things. It actually reminded me a lot of ESB and Han being frozen. The ESB analogy has already been made with regards to SBS since it's supposed to be a little more positive here on out, so I can't help wondering (and it's not just desperation to get Anakin back) if his body was encased by the Vong before he died.

BTW, do you get the distinct impression that DR don't want their wonder child being outdone by a Bantam and KJA creation? Anakin helps destroy the final Palpy clone while still in the womb, so Ben supposedly helps heal Mara. The Solo kids were kidnapped every other book, so now Ben is starting to chalk up the kidnap attempts as well. And with Anakin out of the way, it removes any potential rivalry as to who would be the better Jedi.

23. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
    How about this:
    The new planet the New Republic relocates to has an empty sarchophagus. The New Republic tries to see how it works and they find out that it brings people back from the dead. They put him in and he's now okay(for any of you that have seen Star Gate this should sound familiar to you).

24. tmihah

tmihah Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    He's not really dead, but the vong technology that hit him in his chest has slowly taken over his body.

When Jacen and Luke spied on some YV slaves in Onslaught, Jacen remarked how he felt their life force was muted. As the Vong organism invade, it sucks out what the Force feels as life.

"Jimmy" has already made substatial inroads with the Vong psyche anyway.

Other reasons Jimmy may not be dead.

1) Others killed in that particualar section of the book were noted as mysteriously missing from where they were found.

2) That bird lady and her tears just hangs around doesn't she.

3) What a neat way to get an assassin into the bad guys lair than to be dead (regardless if Jimmy was aware of the plan ahead of the time or not).

4) The book never says Jimmy's dead. That's just the reaction to those around him. But its a loss of connection with the Force kind of thing.

5) the official site was just too quick to post something entirely vague on their site. When was the last time the OS was that current about anything other than the Ep1 DVD.

25. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    *scratches head*

How did he get nammed 'Jimmy?'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.