main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Discussion: How to bring Jimmy back from the dead-PLAUSIBLY!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBoba, Nov 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCI_FI_NUT

SCI_FI_NUT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2001
    you know they could REALLy play with our emotions and have jaina use the dark side to bring him back and then have him commit suicide.
    Think about it if she used the dark side not only would he probably be screwed up mentally, but also feel "unclean" so to speak AND he would be realizeing even more died because of him, which means he could then do something like fall upon his own light saber(aka Brutus in "juilius Ceasar") and die ONE MORE TIE!!!!
    By the end of the book the reader would have been on an emotional rollar coaster. having to deal with him returning and then leaveing and jaina slipping between rage/revenge, hope, reliefe/happyness, and finnaly total guilt/more rage/self loathing.

Think about it, one minor spoiler for Dj is "suicide" and who would EXEPECT a presently dead charecter from being teh one. Not only that, but by the time the next HC rolls around he's once again dead and therefore the "no BIG events in SC" rule has been satified.

2. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    That's the best suggestion for reviving Jimmy that I've heard so far, Sci_Fi_Nut. Not the most likely, but still the most interesting. Instead of just bringing him back, it would add something to the story.

3. EnforcerSG

EnforcerSG Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2001
    Did we ever figure out how ani used the force on Myker, maybe when he 'died' he went into a coma or asleep, and his concentration broke. I have also heard of some crystal floting around that let him. Maybe it brok in the fight, and something like that is why he was not felt throught he force?

(man, got like 4 books to read before i get to SbS, cannot wait...)

4. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    The audiobook implied that it happened on Myrkr, but the book makes it clear that he died in orbit around the planet.

5. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    With Jaina going all Dark, and her love for her brother, what of this possibility?
    Korriban. She summons the Sith spirits who agree to a similar deal as they did with Plapatine. They will bring back Anakin - a tainted version obviously - if Jaina dedicates herself to the ways of the Sith.
    seeing this as a way to destroy the Vong and to save her brother, She agrees.

Anakin returns and being tainted by the dark side, becomes Jaina's apprentice.

With Jacen captured, Jacen attempts to get to know the Vong and sees them as equals. he is determined not to go around slaughtering them, considering their right to life.

This goes back to what has been said about "the dualistic nature of twins, representing the balance of both LIGHT AND DARK!"

Jaina goes and confronts the Vong, and Jacen interposes himself. Lah and Co. are delighted to hold off and watch as the twins go into battle. this is where Jacen must 'stand firm' against the tide of darkness - both the vong and his sister - to save the galaxy.

He brings Jaina back from the Sith, and they turn on and destroy Lah. the price is the Sith Lords withdrawing their power, leaving Anakin - once again dead.

If people wanted to prolong his living, he could at some stage be captured and undergo the 'vongification' at which point he lives on regardless of the Sith Lords support.

any takers?

6. Noghri_Knight

Noghri_Knight Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2001
    I don't post often...but here goes....

I am not ready yet to write "Jimmy" off as dead. Why....

1. Tahiri has the strongest link with him, SBS says that even she can feel feeling albeit emotional, not life) at times when no one else can. So, maybe his body just went to dead to everyone. Tahiri was still speaking to him after his "death." yes, maybe she was real emotional following, but I am not ready to just look past it.

2. He became so aware of the force that he felt the Vong. Maybe, in the extreme use of his powers to feel the Vong, he sliipped into a Vong like phase. Thus, making him indetectable from his family and other Jedi, who only feel him in the force.

I know this is slightly reaching, but I see a little bit of logic in some of this argument. And, admittingly, I am a crazy "Jimmy" fan.

On a side note, I want to see more Imperial Remnant, Moff Sarretti, Jag Fel and the Chiss.

7. SCI_FI_NUT

SCI_FI_NUT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2001
    you know they could always bring him back in the Kenny/Leto II style. In other words han and leia have forth child, name him Anakin(no old anakin does NOT posses kid). Kid groes up with even worse pycological problems than Anakin Solo vs 1.0(can't you see his parents now "Why can't you be more like your dead brotehr he was teh savior of the galaxy! you could at least clean your room!). Hey it works on south park how else do you think they bring back Kenny all those times? this way we can havge "Anakin Solo" die in every SW series, but keep it from being as unrealistic as palpintine.

BTW leto II was the 1st and 2nd son of paul atreides in "dune". He namded his first child leto II after his fartehr but the kid was murdered by Saudukar. Later he named his second son Leto II(persistant ain't he??) who did survive to grow up.

8. Hydralisk

Hydralisk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2000
    While Anakin is most likely dead, one line makes me think we haven't seen the last of him:
    "No-for that, you have to come back."
    -Tahiri

9. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Things *really* don't add up with Anakin's death -- I'm writing a 17-part essay on it (hehe extra credit assignment for english) and it's going to go over lots of things that just don't make sense.

Okay, before I stick this into my analysis, I have a question about the SbS cover. When you look at Anakin, there is something in his eye. Supposedly the shining of a star. But if you look closer, you'll find it's ALSO an X over an O. It's commonly known that dead people have X's over their eyes, and an O would be like an open eye. This may be foreshadowing-- Everyone *thinks* he's dead, when he's not -- therefore the X over the O. What do you think? I'm probably reading way too much into the picture, but it just struck me when I was in german class and staring at the eye, and I haven't seen any other explanation for it either ;)

10. rebellee1187

rebellee1187 Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    a problem with anakins not fading...

neither did qui-gon in episode 1, but he most certainly was dead

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Heh, clever Tahiri..nice idea.

12. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Didn't we have these discussion when Chewie died?

Anakin's dead, he's gonning to stay that way, unfortuntily.

I wish he didn't die, but Life's life. He dead, deal with it. I know it tough. Sometimes you just have to move on.

13. Talz

Talz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    The doors are certainly open. I don't think that you can say decisively one way or another whether or not he is dead from the descriptions in the book. It definitely seems like they were to anxious to kill him. There was all the hype about a big death and the audio excerpt before release basically saying its Anakin. Then the "big spoiler" and then an ambiguous death scene. The whole Anakin was the Force and the Force was Anakin thing pretty much leaves it up in the air. I can't say I want him back but I'm not going to jump to conclusions until Han and Leia stoke up the barbeque and put Anakin and his husk on the funeral pyre.

14. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    I sure hope that he returns in some form. However, I don't think the reason he didn't fade was not because he wasn't ready to face death, I think he was ready. So, if Ben and Yoda disappeared because they were ready to die, then Anakin would have disappeared too. This was not the case. As for the fact that he wasn't ready to die, like Qui Gon, as a idea as to why he didn't fade doesn't work either. If you view all works in EU as canon (oops!) then you will know that Andur Sunrider in TOTJ was surprised and killed, BUT he DID fade, although I am sure he wasn't ready to face death. Another EU occurance was when Ulic Qel Droma finally died. He was shot in the back, and, I again, am sure that he wasn't ready to die, YET he faded. So I don't see that there is a connection between one being "ready" to die and disappearing. There has to be more to it. Hasn't GL told us that we will find out why Qui Gon didn't disapear?

I hope he doesn't come back as a Darth Vong warrior!! Although I have a feeling Del Ray is sitting in their offices and reading all our posts looking for the one way to bring him back that will piss everyone off.....LOL

Go Tahiri!!!!

15. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Hmm, so my idea with the eye is good, then? I don't see why it was put there anyway--it's quirky. I've been using that word a lot on these boards lately ;) This is something I posted up on another thread, but I'll post it here as well; really big quirky things that don't make sense in killing Anakin:

The problems I see in Anakin's death are all really little quirks, and that's why I'm admittedly not very sure of myself. I'm HOPING (a helluva a lot), but I'm still not sure. But there are just too many that make it confusing.

Note, as always, this is all opinion; please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm just trying to express a few things that I believe don't add-up

First of all, Anakin is obviously in the makings of being an epic hero. The way that Chewbacca died for him, his whole trial in conquest, the meeting of Tahiri...it all points that way. In the "journey" of an epic hero, there is always a literal/metaphorical death. Luke's hand getting cut off was a metaphorical death, in Harry Potter (Goblet of Fire) there was the metaphorical death of his innocence, and I think at one point in the sumerian myth Gilgamesh, he went to the underworld. Odysseus was an epic hero, and he did go to the underworld--his literal death. Orpheus, etc... I mean to say, all epic hero's do either die literally, or something in them dies metaphorically.

The way that the NJO has been building up Anakin's character, I don't think it was just to kill him and effect us. It's like chess--you don't kill someone else's pawn JUST because its there, but if it's also strategically a good idea. Yeah, sure, they really did smack a bunch of people upside the heads with killing him, but somehow I don't think that they would go through such trouble. More likely, I think they've been building up Anakin's character only to lead up to Anakin's possible survival. Again, I could most definitely be wrong, but it's a quirk.

Then there's Ikrit's prophecy with Tahiri. I *REALLY* think that either Greg Keyes made a big mistake by putting this into Conquest, or there's something to it. The NJO authors planned all of the NJO arc before sitting down to write it--George Lucas LOOKED over the NJO arc and approved it. If it was a really sucky resurrection the authors were planning, I'm not sure Lucas would have approved. So anyway, Ikrit's prohecy was that Tahiri and Anakin would join to do great things. While explaining this to Anakin in Conquest, Ikrit said, "You could even--" then stopped himself before saying anything. This really makes me wonder on different levels.

First, why would Keyes do that, put the prophecy into the mainstream novels, if Anakin was going to die? If Anakin does stay dead, that leaves a subtle but major loose end. Tahiri and Anakin have not yet *had* the chance to "do great things" together, as Ikrit said.

Without Anakin, Tahiri becomes an expendable character. But I don't think that they'll kill her, even if Anakin does stay dead. Maybe to make the story more tragic, Romeo and Juliet style, they'll have her commit suicide, and as I've heard rumors about suicide in Dark Journey, Tahiri is probably the first to go. Someone before also made a parallel between Star by Star and Romeo & Juliet--you realize that that would imply that the originally dead lover of the two would really be alive. Anakin would be alive, and finding Tahiri dead, would have also committed suicide. I can't really see that happening in Star Wars though; not because it's not plausible, but just because...this is Star Wars. I wonder that maybe, if Tahiri does commit suicide, then she and Anakin can do something in death to help...? Their bond is abnormally strong, as has been pointed out.

And then there's Anakin's ability to sense the Vong completely right before his death, when he becomes one with the Force. I've had my own ideas and also heard other people voicing the idea that maybe Anakin managed to stay in the Force, alive, but like the Vong--he can't be sensed through the Force by other Jedi. I admit, this is very unlikely as I do believe Ana

16. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    ... um, what she said?

17. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah, I agree with everything Tahiri said, lol. She basically holds all the theories I do: that the husk shouldn't have been mentioned if it didn't mean anything, that Anakin was too developed of a character, etc.
    I also feel that if Tahiri is the one to commit suicide, then yeah, that's just great. Kill off my favorite characters. :( Not to mention poor Chewie, who I still am wistful about as he was my favorite "alien" in Star Wars. But I accepted his death far more readily than poor Anakin. *sigh* I didn't try to theorize how a Wookiee could be brought back from having a moon fall on him. People still tried to think of ways to bring Chewie back, but deep down I think everyone knew that Chewbacca's death was final.
    There are too many loose ends, too many prophecies, promises and potential ( lol) for Anakin to stay dead.

18. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Yes!!! Keep hoping, everyone!!! Lol, I'm like the cheerleader of the "Jimmy threads"... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.