main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Official Disney/EU discussion thread.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Guinastasia, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We don't know yet.

I suspect they are members of Luke's NJO that went bad and killed the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    That would be more plausible than Kylo and a bunch of FO soldiers wiping out the gosh-dang Jedi in their own base.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As opposed to Vader and a bunch of clone troopers...?

4. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The 501st and the SpecOps brigade are much better than your average Stormtroopers. Clone Assassins were created specifically to take down Jedi.

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Even then, most of the Masters were in the Rim.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  6. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The Jedi were smack in the middle of newly hostile territory. With the entire Republic coming down on their heads they had zero chances of survival.

7. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    The absence of the Knights of Ren was probably one of the worst parts about TFA. Mostly due to my wanting to see the more radicalized, cult-like parts of the First Order. I think it's about time they showed some actual Dark Side cultism in the films given that the Sith are supposedly dead and gone forever. It sure would have made them more distinctive.

8. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Yes the First Order was kind of boring IMO. The Ren Knights have the potential to be something interesting and unique.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    I would like to know what Ren stands for. Is it R.E.N. or is it Ren? Maybe It was supposed to be knights of Ben, and when he named his cronies he wrote P, half of B, and then decides knights of Ben doesn't work, so it ends up knights of Ren?

10. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013

Most of Luke's Jedi were probably Padawans or Younglings. There were probably only a few Knights, and probably no other masters other than Luke. Not exactly prime Jedi.

The mystery is still very much in the air, and I would not put it past the Story Group to relegate most of the story to a novel or graphic novel.

11. YeahOkayCool

YeahOkayCool Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2017
    I'm generally not the biggest fan of Disney Star Wars, but one thing I'm glad they've done is reduced the number of Jedi who survived Order 66 and the Purge. For a long time the old EU was constantly following new Jedi who survived Order 66 to the point where I was seriously saying to myself "hold on, did the clone troopers kill ANYONE!?!"

Every Old Republic Jedi who survives significantly past Order 66 kind of ruins the specialness of Ben and Yoda, IMO. Good on Disney for putting the breaks on it.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    200 Jedi of the 7,000 alive at the time died at Order 66, and Vader and the Inquisitors finished off all but 2 of them by the time of ANH, in Legends.

I quite like Vader having a list of Jedi kills. Otherwise he's not as intimidating.

Mitth_Fisto and spicer like this.
  13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Most of those surviving Jedi didn't last longer than the first few months after Order 66. Also, it seems like we're going to see more surviving Jedi in the canon Darth Vader series (first issue was released this Wednesday). And as Sinrebirth said, 200 survivors out of 7000 implies a successful purge.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Out of 10,000 Jedi having 200 or so survivors is a pretty darn successful purge. And a lot of those were hunted down a decade before ANH. Quite a few just a few years after ROTS.

By 10-12 ABY there were probably less than a hundred maybe less than fifty OJO still surviving. That doesn't include Vergere who was outside the Galaxy at the time.

SpecForce Trooper and spicer like this.
  15. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Also, there were a few Order 66 survivors that revoked their Jedi affiliation, so technically they don't count as Jedi anymore. Quinlan Vos, Noirah Na, and (possibly) Tholme come to mind.

16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016

I think 200 is an overstatment. Maybe it were 200 at the end of the first day of the purge but I guess most of the survivors died within the first months after the order. I mean a lot of this survivors we just know they survived the order and than disappeared. Given that Vader had 19 years to hunt them down I assume that by the time of the downfall of the emperor practically all named and unamned survivors are dead exept for those that appear in Post Endor EU of course.
    And I can defenetly understand the critizism of the Order in the EU More named Jedi survive the Order than die. In fact besides Barris every EU Jedi that is not explicitly shown to be killed in the movie seems to have survived. I think in many cases the authors just wanted to save their favourite charcters and didn´t really thought about the consquenzes for the larger story. They all thought that in the case of THEIR favourite charcter there could be an exeption by having them survive the order. The problem is just that a lot of authors did that and it just became too many at the end. And some just went too far like the Quinlan Vos comics who had not only the main charcter but most of the supportuing cast survive the order. Only for their story to end shortly afterwards. And the same goes for most survivors. They don´t contribute to the story at all anymore. They just survived because the authors couldn´t bring themselves to kill their beloved charcters.
    Not to mention that some of the stories why a certain charcaters survived are just ridicoulos.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Vos had descendants in Legacy, but it was more frustrating that Tr'a Saa and K'Kruhk survived to join the Council. Two Jedi Masters, beside Kenobi and Yoda. That's two more Jedi, no 'last of the Jedi will you be' in RotJ...

Mitth_Fisto and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Saa and K'Kruhk seemed to have kept their heads down and taken advantage of their long lifespans to hide and apparently wait the empire out or rest their lives knowing they could always avoid the empire.

It seems at some point in the post crucible era they got wind of the renewed Jedi Order and returned.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I imagine it took some time for them to trust Luke's Jedi Order. It allowed attachments, was too connected to Coruscant, and lost prominent students to the dark side. I would have expected Saa and K'Kruhk to have raised their own Jedi in anticipation of Luke's entire Order falling.

But after Apocalypse, they see that Luke's Order has matured enough to function without him, and now fully detached from Coruscant - and as the Tribe is now a public threat it is no longer fair to allow a disagreement with dogma to cause deaths. So they approach the Jedi to end the Sith once and for all.

Perhaps they stay in the shadows long enough to find Kesh, but Krayt makes a move against the Tribe first. After all, Krayt's One Sith distinguished between both Sith and turned Sith; a trait which would seem to be perfect to inherit from the Lost Tribe, with their ability to trace their genealogy back to Korriban and the original Sith; Krayt would want to acknowledge that, to make the Tribe feel special, but to also undercut that uniqueness to their strength as more Born Sith fill his ranks anyway.

20. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Drake Logaan and Ekria also.

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016

I figured the Lost Tribe was a spent force by Crucible those that weren't mopped up by the Jedi either surrendered or fled either to parts unknown or joined Krayt's Sith.

I have wondered how much energy Luke and Co. invested in the post crucible era hunting for Krayt and his Sith. The Jedi in Legacy seemed surprised at their return if not fully shocked. Was their still "an ongoing investigation" or did they just give up after a decade of half hearted searching?

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I expect they came to an accord; probably the Keshiri overthrow the Sith.

23. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Ah, yes. It's been forever since I've read Evasive Action.

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I'm talking about the one Sith. It seems the Jedi abandoned searching for them?

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I doubt they gave up. We don't have any Keshiri in the One Sith; why, is the operative question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.