main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Durge Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by emporergerner, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    First of GENGHIS12 gave me the permission to start this fan club.

Come one come all to join the Official Durge fan club. The best EU character by far and oe of the best Bounty Hunters in the galxy.

This thread is were you can discuss anything about Durge.

2. emporergerner

Jul 6, 2005
    This is from the Star Wars Databank.

Homeworld:
    Unknown

Species:
    Gen'Dai

Weapon:
    Blaster pistols, explosives, power lance, energy bola, spiked flail

Vehicle:
    Modified swoop speeder bike

Affiliation:
    Confederacy of Independent Systems

The bounty hunter known as Durge had weathered centuries of violence and warfare, emerging as a merciless and nearly unstoppable warrior driven by ancient vendettas. Though he identified himself as a bounty hunter, he held no guild allegiance, answered to no benefactor, and seemed to have no need of riches. He hunted for the pure sport of it, to feed an insatiable bloodlust that spanned literally hundreds of worlds and almost two thousand years.
    When completely encased in his battered high impact armor, Durge's true alien heritage was obscured. Though humanoid in appearance, Durge was a Gen'Dai, a rare species with an unusually long lifespan -- some Gen'Dai reportedly have lived for over four thousand years.

The peculiar nervous and circulatory systems of the Gen'Dai makes them extremely resistant to physical injury. The Gen'Dai physiology boasts millions of nerve clusters throughout the body, and a vascular system that distributes blood without the need of a central heart. Lacking the vulnerable vital organs of most humanoids, a Gen'Dai could sustain multiple lacerations and even, it is rumored, complete dismemberment and yet still survive. In addition to these extremes of endurance, the distributed neural network gives the Gen'Dai phenomenal reflexes. Should a Gen'Dai sustain too many injuries, they are capable of entering into extended periods of hibernation, during which they can heal wounds, recover from disease, and slow the aging process.

With such formidable physical abilities, it is fortunate for the galaxy at large that the Gen'Dai are, by nature, not an aggressive species. They are nomadic, and their home world has been lost to the ages. Due to a low birthrate, the Gen'Dai are very rarely encountered, and they usually avoid confrontation if possible. Though the Gen'Dai are physically suited for long life, their minds weaken with age, and the species is susceptible to depression, hysteria, and other forms of psychosis.

The Gen'Dai that would become Durge was born two thousand years before the fall of the Republic, and was regarded by his elders as an exceptional physical specimen at a young age. A predilection for aggression, coupled by witnessing bounty hunters in action, forever steered young Durge into a lifetime of violence. The lure of the blood trade drew Durge away from his tribe and into the rest of the galaxy. For centuries, he studied under the most experienced and dangerous bounty hunters he could find.

About a millennia before the Battle of Naboo, when the galaxy was wracked by warfare waged between the Jedi Knights and Sith Lords, Durge was in the employ of one of the few remaining Sith. In this time, he squared off against many a Jedi, learning their fighting techniques, and developing weaponry and combat tactics to counter their moves. When the Sith were finally wiped out at the Battle of Ruusan, Durge went into hiding to avoid Jedi reprisals. He adopted dozens of different aliases while continuing his career as a hunter, amassing a sizable fortune.

Nine hundred years later, Durge was hired to kill the leader of the Mandalorians. Though he succeeded, the Mandalorians struck back and managed and subdue Durge. Leave it to the Mandalorians to devise a means of restraining a Gen'Dai. They turned Durge's longevity against him, finding ways of inflicting pain throughout his scattered nerves. He was a victim of unspeakable torture, unable to die.

Durge was able to escape the Mandalorians, and retreated to parts unknown to hibernate and recover. It took nearly a century to undo the damage the Mandalorians wrought. Though his physical body had healed, Durge's already dangerous psyche was pushed further past the brink of sanity.

When Durge emerged from his slumber, he so

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Durge owns! The Gen'Dai race is the single most powerful race in the SW universe, nothing else is even close. I fell in love with the greatest bounty hunter ever (thats right, greatest ever!) when I first saw him in the Clone Wars animated series, now Boba and Jango are second stringers for me.

[image=http://www.moscroatia.com/slike_za_enciklopediju/697_durge.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars-union.de/erwuniversum/clonewars/bilder/durge_bg.jpeg]

[image=http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/rschecke/images/CW9durge9.gif]

4. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Durge is awesome...but hes not better than Jango or Boba. :p

I love Durge though, ever since i got his (realistic) action figure.

5. emporergerner

Jul 6, 2005
    Nice pictures despised 1. I did'nt even know they had a figuer out of Durge.

6. Admiral_Chiss

Admiral_Chiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2005
    Altough Durge is awesome no bounty hunter matches up with Boba

~Grand Admiral

7. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Emporer, its probably one of the coolest looking action figures i have.

It REALLY brings Durge alive.

http://www.joecorroney.com/comics101/content/2004/artfor20040212/DurgeFigure.jpg

Im a big fan of Durge just as you are. I dont believe hes dead.

8. emporergerner

Jul 6, 2005
    Awsome that is probably the coolest action figure I have ever seen. Where did you buy that.

I also agree with you that Durge is not dead he will probably turn up on a comic or something.

9. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  10. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Wow, those are pretty cool Agent Skywalker!

You guys would probably like to know that in Star Wars Galaxies you can do missions for Boba Fett and you'll eventually have to face Durge. Durge says something like "Tell Boba Fett Durge is coming for him." Its pretty cool, but Durge looks nothing like hes supposed to...but lemme tell you, hes the biggest fella you'll come across in SWG, so they at least got that right.

11. emporergerner

Jul 6, 2005
    Nice picture Agent Skywalker. It is really cool he is in a Video Game.

12. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]I'd like to be the DURGE fan club president.
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/DURGE_img/Durge_V07.jpg]
    I've had the big guy on my mind for quite some tyme.

My DURGE project galley.

Be well,
    Thomas[/color]

13. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Holy Sith!
    I was windering when someone would start a thread like this. Besides Alpha, Durge has been far and away my favorite Clone Wars character.

14. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/ROTSpremiere/ROTSpremiere13.jpg]
    This Clone's name is Mario. Met him at one of our Garrison events. His ARC is the tightest I have seen.

Be well,
    Thomas

15. emporergerner

Jul 6, 2005
    nice pics cloned_emporer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.