Bloom, IN Official DVD Release Night at Best Buy Thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I will start a thread here on this event. Post any questions, concerns, idea's or anything else about it.

Eric
  2. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok...

One thing that management at BB said would be cool is for us to bring light saber so we can have duel's in the parking lot. They are going to pump the soundtrack over the store stereo system and maybe have AOTC on all the TV ( pending approval ).

Come on everyone! Lets get some idea's going here.
    What else can we do??
    I'm counting on all of you!

Eric
  3. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
    Remember to do the move.

lightsaber fighting
  4. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Brian
    WHAT ????
    Your not making since.
  5. lukesky27 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    since when?? Brian, Eric is right though, you are not making much sense with us doing "the move". You and or no other person is making a move on me(well except my wife)[face_laugh]

Only 4 weeks away

Dennis
  6. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh well it's a line from Saving Star Wars. I'll clue you in soon.
  7. TC517 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LOL Brian, I know what you mean. :)

I can suggest one thing...

Have plenty of flyers. When I went to a midnight event for EpII, I didn't have enough to give out. There will be a lot of fans coming out of the woodwork that night, so lets make the best of it.
  8. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I got home from work tonight and The wife told me that Scott said its a OFFICIALLY A GO and he wants to meet with me tomorrow afternoon!!!
    YA
    SCORE 1 for the Hoosier Alliance!
    I'll post here, what we talk about tomorrow night.

Eric
  9. lukesky27 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    See about the price for the DVD's please! I would like to know in advance. Thanks

Dennis
  10. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just got back . We had a 10 min meeting and he said that Best Buy wants to make a big big deal about this. He said the H.A will be able to get into the store at 10:30 and he will have a table set up for us to have our cards and a boom box playing the soundtrack.
    Also ,BB is guaranteed the best price in town. Although he doesn't know the SALE price ,it lists on there computer for $51.98 so it should be around $40.00 -$43.00 price range.
    He dostn know if they will give out door prizes until the Sunday before. He was very hip to us getting our own T-Shirts and us bringing light saber out to dual with. Mike ,If you are going to make up a sign promoting the event they ask if you would make sure its states there lowest price in town guarantee.
    Some of us should make a point to meet at BB on SEPT 18th before our HA meeting to go over any last min stuff with Scott. LMK if you wanna join me for that.Aso, not to toot my own horn but I have gotten a couple of congratulatory email from RA's and Managers from all of the FF boards for getting this going on my own. As they put it , Best Buy is usually hard to negotiate with on events of this type.

Your leader

Eric
  11. JavaFiend Jedi Youngling

Because Best Buys in the Indy Metro area is doing absolutely zip, a few of the Indy Knights may becoming down to Bloomington....

12. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Great, Fell free to email me for any info. Eric
  13. Jedi_Bindo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'd like to go over to Best Buy after our meeting sat. Who else is going out there? Also everyone go check out the new Anime, Sci-Fi, Horror, something else, store over at Pete Ellis on the east side of town. It's a game room, movie rental, toy/collectable store, their grand opening is tonight at 5:30 I highly suggest it to everyone here!!!
  14. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I cant believe this one guy's...I posted in the Indy Knights FF page and got a reply that none of the stores in the Metro Indy area is doing anything.
    So all they have for a midnight opportunity is Wal-Mart. Hopefully we can get some of the Blood Fin to come down here.
  15. lukesky27 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    maybe some of them will dress up play Jedi and Sith?

Dennis
  16. Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I have good news and bad news.

First, the bad news. I can't make the next meeting because I have a marching band show to go to that day. I knew it would happen sooner or later, so I'ts not that big of a deal. I also might miss next month's meeting as well, because I have a show almost every Saturday in August and September. Unless we have it on a Sunday, I don't see it happening.

Now for the good news. I'm about 90% sure I can make it to the Best Buy Star Wars Classic Trilogy DVD Hoosier Alliance Midnight Blowout Bananza. That's what I'm calling it at least. So, well, see you there. ALL of you, I hope. :D
  17. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
  18. lukesky27 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Marching band where??? Now that I think about it, there appears to be a large number of Marching Band people in the club? HMMMM!!! I must have been the only one playing sports in high school???

I now have an appreciation for the Band and the Cheerleaders...they both work a lot harder than the athletes ever know!

Dennis
  19. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes. Auston I was the marching band at BNL. :)
  20. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wal-Mart offical price will be $ 41.88 .
    So we know BB will at the very least match that price.
    Dennis, The best thing we can do is look in the Sunday HT and scout out who has the lowiest price and BB will make good on there gueantee.

The C.R. from the Indy knights has made contact with me and he is going to do his best at Wednesday night meeting to ( Force persware ) ask the members to join us.

Eric
  21. NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Eric. :)

I'm going to the Indy Knights meeting tomorrow. So between George Starkey and I we shall convince the IK members to come to the official LFL DVD Original Trilogy event at the Bloomington Best Buy store Mon., Sept. 20th - Tues., Sept. 21st.

May the Force be with us. :D
  22. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK
    It was brought to my attention last Friday that Steve is very mad at me for making the DVD event in Bloomington & not in Bedford. Do the rest of you feel this way?
    Please be honest.

Eric
  23. Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Youngling

star 1
  24. jedi_dj Jedi Youngling

Hey guys,

I finally got my internet fixed and now i can post on the boards. I won't be able to make it to the meeting on the 18th, i really want to be there but i have to do a live broadcast from a karaoke contest for the station i work for (I hope my ears don't bleed too much). I will be there for the DVD release though on the 21st, and i can't wait. I let a couple ppl here in Terrible Haute know about the release and they might be there. One other thing is i can't get my shirt until the 21st but i was wandering if casey could pick it up for me at the meeting so that way i will have it.

Will
  25. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Mike and Sara will not be at the 18th meeting either but Mike told me he will drop the shirt off with me so I can pass em out. Looks like the 18th meeting will be small :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.