main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Official DVD Release Night at Best Buy Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesky27

lukesky27 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    ahhh, generousity...well, all of those who own an X-Box, you should get the BATTLEFRONT game...I read a review about the game and they gave it 4 stars. I wish I had an X-BOX...all I have is a Gamecube. Dang the luck.

dennis

2. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Fan by Best Buy last night and saw the flyers on the door...cool! It says that several people will be dressed up...my question is who??

Dennis

3. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Dennis, members of the 501st and Rebel Legion.

4. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Like I said, I like to make flyers so...

I made up what I consider to be my best work visually. Anyone who wants to see them now can download them all here, but you will need all the files. Install the fonts and open the word document. Sorry I didn't use photoshop, but word is just easier. :)

Now that I've made them, they need to be copied (preferably color). I will bring a few to the meeting.

They are a two different half sheet pages that we can pass out to anyone who comes to the midnight event.

Anyone who looks at them now, let me know what you think. Plus, you get a lot of free fonts.

REMEMBER! If you don't install all the files, it looks very strange.

5. Jedi_Master_Casey

Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2004
    i installed the fonts but it still looks weird to me... im probably not doing something right. but what i could see it looks cool.

6. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    be sure you installl the fonts by going to control panel, fonts, file, install new fonts, and selecting them from there. If you just drag it in the fonts folder, it doesn't always work.

Even if you did it right, it can still be kinda crazy sometimes...

Since I posted, I fixed a spelling error and embossed the writing to make it a little more aesthetic.

7. Jedi_Master_Casey

Feb 22, 2004
    hey, wudduya know. It worked Thanks!

8. TK2769

TK2769 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    There will be between 5 and 10 members of the "Fighting 501st Legion / Bloodfin Garrison"

9. Jedi_Master_Casey

Feb 22, 2004
  10. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Looking foward to seeing the 501 !

11. deepbluejedi

deepbluejedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2002
    We're almost one week away...who's getting a little excited right about now?! I can't wait to meet the 501 and members from our surrounding FF's. Empire of Dreams was on all last night on A & E and they had commercials for the DVD's all night just mocking me that they're still a week away.

12. TK2769

TK2769 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    As of right now there will be:

Darth Vader
    Boba Fett
    5 - Stormtroopers
    1 - Biker Scout
    1 - Tie Pilot (Maybe)

13. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    whoa, cannot wait...but why is everyone from the evil EMPIRE??? Can we get a single Jedi to fend off this onslaught of Imperials??? Is that possible? HAHAHA!!

And how come no one ever dresses up like a JAWA?

Oh, and just to make everyone happy, there should be at least one, no wait, TWO JAR-JARs!!! [face_laugh]

Hey Deepbluejedi

Paranoid as you may be, the commercials WERE, IN FACT, MOCKING YOU!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    [face_laugh]

Dennis

14. TK2769

TK2769 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    whoa, cannot wait...but why is everyone from the evil EMPIRE??? Can we get a single Jedi to fend off this onslaught of Imperials??? Is that possible? HAHAHA!!

The 501st only has Imperial characters from the Star Wars films or its expanded universe.

Besides Jedi are lame :). Who wants their picture with a guy in a bathrobe and a flashlight.

15. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    I didn't mean just from your group...just overall.

Jedi are lame??? HAHAHAHAHA!!! I seem to recall that the Jedi eventually always win...hmmmm! Point to ponder.
    "bathrobe and flashlight" line is killer...original or not on your part??

Where are the JAWA???

Dennis
    [face_dancing]

16. TK2769

TK2769 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    "bathrobe and flashlight" line is killer...original or not on your part??

That is just one of our standard Jedi insults. Some others are

Burlap Brigade
    Monks
    Rejects from a Phish concert

My FAVORITE line is from the founder of the 501st.

"Stormtroopers are great marksmen we just cannot hit main cast members"

17. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Those are all very fine retorts for the questions about Jedi that I am sure that you get. The main characters a Stormtrooper shot were Leia, C-3PO and R2-D2. So, you could always say that you hit half of the six main characters. 50% is good enough for Shaq, so it should be good enough for a Stormie.

Dennis

18. Jedi_Master_Casey

Feb 22, 2004
    bathrobe and a flash light eh, for some reason i take that personaly. never the less, we always welcome u guys.

19. TK2769

TK2769 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2003
    bathrobe and a flash light eh, for some reason i take that personaly. never the less, we always welcome u guys.

We keeeed, we keeeed

Jedi are great to have around

For me to poop on :D

20. Jedi_Master_Casey

Feb 22, 2004
    lmao

I think i might just have to borrow a bathrobe and a flashlight. that would be hella funny

21. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    This is going to be freaking GReat!

22. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Way to go "Flounder"..."Your Delta Tau Chi name is Flounder, why Flounder? WHY NOT????"

Dennis

Man, I love ANIMAL HOUSE!!!

23. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Let's get serious. I was trying to meet Scott Bush, the Hoosier Alliance's contact @ BB, the other day but he didn't show at Best Buy.

I think this midnight bonanza event needs not just the local media attention but the Indy media included. I was going to talk with Scott about this but he didn't show at Best Buy.

Help!

24. lukesky27

May 23, 2004
    Brian,

Do you mean that he didn't come to work or that he didn't show up for a meeting with you? I am not following closely enough here I guess. If it is the second, why are you meeting with him? I am a little confused.
    This DVD release is all over the internet...people from other chapters are coming...do you need the news media there to justify what you are doing? I guess that I do not understand??? Help me get to that point.

Dennis

25. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Dennis,
    I dropped by BB the other day to talk with Scott Bush but I was waiting to talk with him.

Media: The event would be a good news story. I worked with WTIU News Forum so I know a little bit about getting news stories. Sometimes they're hard to find.

mtfbwy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.