Official DVD Release Night at Best Buy Thread

Discussion in 'Bloomington, IN' started by echo-3, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's getting busy at work. I probably will not have my costume finished as I don't want to rush into completing it.

I'll see everyone at Best Buy next Mon. night. :)
  2. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    From the Bloodfin Garrison ezboard forum: I hear LFL want OT costumes.

Also, one of the guys in Bloodfin is asking about exposure in the Bloomington newspaper.

to be continued ----------->
  3. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You don't do these things to get exposure...you do it for the love of Star Wars. I did not coach for 11 years to see my name in the paper or record books at BNL. I did it because I love wrestling. It is a nice extra to see your name in print...but, it should not be the principal reason to do these things.

Dennis
  4. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Brian
    I think I have taken care of everything with BB.
    You can focus your energy on the IDS or whatever.
    I think there is going to be enough buzz that any SW fan will know about us Monday night. And As the CR I would appreciate you talking with me first before you get involved in something I started. It just will make for less confusion among BB and the HA.
    Thanks
    See everyone Saturday night.
    E
  5. TK2769 Jedi Knight

The quote Brian was refering to is this.

THis is going to be a balst! Anyone contact the bloomington paper? A bit more exposure wouldn't hurt the Bloodfin! Maybe get a couple new troopers outta it! Yeah!

If you think we troop for the glory of seeing our name in the paper you are wrong. We use EVERY chance we get to recruit new members and get the word out on the street for LFL. LFL uses us to promote their products and we use that oppurtunity to promote our group and get new members.

6. TK2769 Jedi Knight

Here is the instructions we have received from the LCO of the 501st Legion.

The 501st Legion has been contacted by LFL to coordinate
    the "Costumed Volunteer" support the "Midnight Madness" events for Fox/LFL/Best Buy.

The event details we have so far are:

Event:
    Star Wars DVD Release "Official ? Midnight Madness" events

When:
    September 20/21, 2004

Time:
    Approx 10:30 p.m. on September 20 (Monday) until the event closes on the morning of September 21st. While the TFN leak has times posted, we will get the exact times from LFL/Best Buy. So the actual "Call times" for the costumed volunteers will most likely be earlier.

Event Description:

20th Century Fox/LFL/Best Buy has asked the 501st Legion to help with 10 costumed volunteers at each location if possible. The volunteers will be there for photo ops and to lend atmosphere to the event. Costumed event volunteers will also receive a copy of the event giveaway (one each).

Costumes: CANON ? Original Trilogy "HIGH RECOGNITION COSTUMES".

VADER is a priority/preferred costume at each location along with Stormtroopers. Rebel costumes are also okay, so long as they fit the costume criteria. In general go for the most recognizable costumes for both groups (i.e. Vader, Fett, Stormtroopers, Imp Officers, Rebel Pilots, Jedi, Rebel Fleet Troopers). Also, try to "MASS" costumes if possible. A Vader with 4 matching troopers looks better than Vader, 1 Stormtrooper, 1 Sandtrooper, 1 Officer, 1 Tech, 1 Pilot, 1 Imperial Guard, etc. Ditto on the Rebel side, try to get multiples of each costume when possible.

All costumed volunteers should be either 501st or RL members only (per LFL phone call on 8-26-04).

Bloomington IN - Store 858
    2721 E 3rd St
    Bloomington, IN 47401-5433

7. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I know this is not a Best Buy thing.
    But dont forget to swing by WalMart after and try and get the exclusive DVD 3 pack's of figures.
  8. Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Master

star 1
    check this out. Another thing to add to the stuff to get a hold of. Getting really close!!
  9. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was just going to post that Casey...way to go getting it done before me...[face_laugh]
    Dennis
  10. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Got home tonight and BB head of Media Relations was on my machine. I dint get back to him before he had left for the night, I am going out there Friday afternoon. And another prize that has been added is a DARTH VADER BOBBLE HEAD daul.
    I hope I win something !
  11. deepbluejedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Eric, what time you going out there tomorrow? I get out of class at 3:20....give me a ring sometime tomorrow and I'll see if I can meet you out there.
  12. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  13. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4

UPDATE !

Chad just phone me and we talked for about 20 min.
    Here are the NEW details:

The Hoosier Alliance and those in costume NEED
    to be at Best Buy at 10:00pm .
    The doors to everyone else opens at 10:30pm .
    They will have a drawing to give away the BIG prize's.
    The first 50 people to show gets a door prize.

I will make a copy of the Star War's soundtrack to bring with us.They will pump it over there in store speakers. As of now ( Friday ) the store only got ONE DV bobble head :(

Chad has put a voice mail in to his regional manager asking for more. And as of write now (Friday ) the store DOES NOT have the Master Replica Light Saber. Again , Chad has asked them WHERE IS IT!!!!!
    He is hoping for a reply ASAP.

I will post our FF meeting notes on here as soon as I can Saturday night.

For anyone coming from out of town and feel's they need to get ahold of me for anything, PM me and Ill give ya my Cell #

REGARDS
    Eric
    City Rep

14. Bodknocks_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, I'll be there. Hopefully if I work Monday, I can still get there by around 10:00 - 10:30. If not I'll still be there, just closer to midnight.

Can I ask a favor of my fellow HA members? Last I heard we were getting our shirts tomorrow at the HA meeting, but since I can't make it I was wondering if someone could hold on to mine and give it to me on Monday night. Thanks, see you guys then!

Auston
  15. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    As of right now ( Sat ) they are not done.
    Mike said he would be done with them by Monday.
    I dint get off work until 5:00pm so Maybe Mike or Sara could run them by my crib .
    But yes I'll bring everyone's to BB.
  16. deepbluejedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I went to Best Buy tonight and they had up like offical posters for the midnight event which we pretty cool. I really hope they get that MR lightsaber in because I desperately want it and need it.

I get off work at 5:30 on Mon. so I will be there at BB as early as they want us. Its sucks they'll only have 1 bobblehead! But i'm sure we'll all get the door prize if not something else. :D
  17. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Everyone make sure they check the boards for tonights meeting info.
  18. greedofan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mike & I will be at Best Buy around 9:45 to pass out the t-shirts
  19. greedofan Jedi Knight

star 2
    BRING ALL OF YOUR BUSINESS CARDS!!! Mike is just about out of his...
  20. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I want to thank everyone who came out tonight. I know I had loads of fun.
    Congrats to Cole & Austin for winning prizes. As soon as I catch up on my sleep .I will put up all my pictures on the Hoosier Alliance web page.
    Regards
    Eric
  21. lukesky27 Jedi Knight

star 3
    SOOOOO tired today....I-)

Dennis
    Istep is done for the day though
  22. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
  23. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    C'mon, guys! Spill some details!
  24. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Cole our brand new member won THE BIG ONE!
    Lightsaber
    HD x-box
    DvD's
    Game
    2 years of Hyperspace
    Lucky dog!
  25. Bodknocks_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    I won the awesome Darth Vader bobble-head. I think I would have rather had the grand prize, but hey, you can't win them all. ;)

I'm planning on writting a summary of events soon, just for the heck of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.