main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Official "Enterprise" Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, since somebody hid the Enterprise discussion thread over hear in the SCFF, I guess I'll just have to illuminate y'all.

Rumors point to next season being the final one for Captain Archer & Co.

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I wouldn't be suprised. There are about 29 minutes of commercials if I remember the correct number. Hard to keep viewers interested in great stories when you only have 31 minutes to tell your story.
    Jon Billingsley at StarFest gave the stat. It sucks. But that's Hollywood for ya. :(

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    That's too bad. :( I like Enterprise better than any other Trek, mainly because it isn't like the other Treks. It's less polished and more gritty. More like the OT than the prequels, sort of feel.

I love the Marines and the action, and hope the show does better. It'd be a shame to lose it.

4. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Is this show still on?

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Yeah. Been in re-runs during the holiday season. Should be getting back to the new episodes soon.

6. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    been watching it l8tly, think itll get the axe?

and bump.

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Signed for 14 episodes next season. If numbers pick up then they will finish the season. If not...

Axe.

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Wow, I've almost totally forgotten about this show. :( Since I started this shifwork stuff, I haven't had time to watch it.

What's new in the series? How are they doing?

9. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    T'Pol unlocked feelings that she can't put away. Developing a strained relationship with Trip. Season will wrap up soon and will probably end with a bang. The overall plot has had a few holes, but all in all, it's been a fun season to watch.

10. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    The addict vulcan cant control her emotions, thats something i never thought i say about vulcans.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Spiner to guest on 'Enterprise'
    Will play ancestor of Data's creator

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- In a guest starring role sure to attract the attention of die-hard Trekkies, Brent Spiner, aka Lt. Cmdr. Data, is being beamed up to "Star Trek: Enterprise."

Spiner, who played Data on the syndicated "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and in several "Star Trek" features, has been tapped to do three episodes of UPN's "Enterprise," playing the great-great-grandfather of Dr. Noonien Soong, the creator of Data.

He previously played Dr. Soong in an episode of "Next Generation."

There has been a lot of speculation about another "Star Trek" veteran, William Shatner, possibly making a visit to "Enterprise," but sources indicated that there are no immediate plans for a guest appearance.

"Enterprise," originally scheduled for 9 p.m. Fridays in the fall, will now air at 8 p.m., to be followed by a repeat of the reality series "America's Next Top Model."

might be something to watch. never saw how the season rapped. anything good??

12. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    It was a good ending. Right up until they set up the next season. Archer went to a different universe where San Francisco was overrun by an alien Nazi. You think I'm making that up, huh?! I'm not! They are gonna have to work hard to make that premise not seem like the writers were on dope.

I'm not holding my breath. I think Enterprise will get it's 14 shows and then disappear.

Now, J. Michael Strazynski (sp?), the guy behind Babylon 5 has some interest in the ST franchise. He's writing up a concept that may give ST some new blood and better grit. We'll see...

There is also supposed to be a special later in the year on the Romulan Wars. It won't be Enterprise related. It will just cover the period of the Romulan Wars. Might be interesting. ST has never tried the mini-series thing. Maybe that is a better way to go than the full blown series?

13. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    That's too bad that the series has gone downhill. I thought it had such a great premise compared to DS9 or Voyager.

14. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    ah, ya cant knock DS9. the first season was a bit rocky , but it got very good after that. the dominion was an awsome villian. the jem hadar and vorta. i loved how they incorporated some much of the alein races [face_alien_1] ]-} into the show,unlike the previous series.
    my only complaints about it in general is that jadzia=P~[face_love] died :_|. ezrie was a cutie but any woman who can beat the poo out of jem hadar and still have a snappy comeback is a keeper.and complaint 2 is how religous they made it at the end. sisko was almost a nut case cuz of it.He reminded me of the heavens gate guy.

15. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    i nver posted this before and i cant figure out why.while i was standing at starfest watching that kids do his martial arts demo Dominik Keating (Malcom Reed) was standing next to me. it took me a few to figure out he was there. when i realized who he was i said hi and asked how he liked filming the show.he said it was fun and liked what fans had to say about it.i asked how he liked denver and the con. he was enjoying himself. he was a nice guy.

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Hey leave those shows alone!! they got better after they started running. plus who can really beat seven of nine and jadzia?

[image=http://www.animationalley.com/images/prints/mpa/mpa_trek9.jpg] [image=http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/st/gallery/images/340/ds9jadzia05.jpg]

between the brains and the bodies on both of them, Yow!!

get jadzia one of those silver suits too. There is an interesting story behind the silver suit. makes me wish i worked on set with her in that suit;)

17. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    DS9 was nothing more than a soap opera in space. A few good episodes here and there. But just too blah.

Enterprise still IS a good premise. People just aren't watching. The series has been really great. But the writers are missing a few things on the "it has to make sense" end of things from time to time, but I still find E to be a lot of fun. But if the viewers aren't there...

18. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    thats due in large part to the fact they are stuck on UPN, the Un Popular Network.

19. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    funny, i thought we were supposed to be starwars geeks, not trekkies. well anyways i do like the trek alot, i think its a lot more plausable then SW. i was also wondering, i heard a while back that the next star trek film was going to be a V***GER one, could someone expand on that?

P.S. if you didn't catch the pun then you suck.

20. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I am not a trekkie, those ppl scare me. They are to into star trek.

yay. i dont suck, but i do feel very old.

But , i have read the science of star trek. star trek is now where as feesible. the only thing that might work is warp, but that a long stretch.

the future wont be all peaceful and friendly. Man is to destructive. itll be star wars or babylon 5.

21. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    we got the model for te enterprise at work today. in the next week we are getting something klingon and something from nemesis

22. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    That might be a fun model to build. If only I could finish my Excelsior model...
    Already have finished an Enterprise E.

23. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    Hi,
    I also enjoy star trek...i haven't read all of the posting in this thread. I was happy to see that enterprise was coming back for a new season...it will be interesting to see how they try to 'fix' the show this season. :)

24. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    I haven't watched that show for a long time. I miss Voyager.

25. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Season premier is Friday at 7pm.

Some of this seasons story arcs look interesting, like the Vulcan civil war!

I'll still be able to watch because you can catch SG-1 and Atlantis either earlier or later on Sci-Fi and it's reruns of SG for now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.