main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto official Ep2 DVD announcement

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TopGun2001, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

The Clones attack! Lucasfilm has finally announced Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, hitting DVD on 11/12 in both 2.35:1 anamoprhic widescreen and full screen versions. Just released are the full specs:

* Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)

* Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.

* Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt

* "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more

* "State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II

* Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"

* Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story

* All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com

* The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams

* Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots

* Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos

* An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic

* HoloNet News website

* DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones Special Edition VHS includes six deleted scenes and a "Star Wars Connections" featurette hosted by R2-D2 and C-3PO, who explain the Star Wars story to new fans of the series.

The Attack of the Clones DVD will retail for $29.98 ($41.98 in Canada), while the VHS format will retail for $24.98 ($28.98 in Canada).

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Wil;

"I saw; I saw, clear digital projection..."

Yoda;

"Its is the future you see."

Wil;

"I`ve got to pre-order it!"

Yoda;

"Decide you must, how to entertain yourself best. If you pre-order, secure it you would, but, you`d negate the Lord of the Rings special edition..."

3. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Thank you for the helpful announcement and reminder TopGun2001. We appreciate it very much!

4. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    *Kat decides to leave house from now on without any money in pockey, or credit and debit cards. Tis the only way she can last till SFX, and pick up her beloved LOTR DVDs and now SW DVD*

Meep.

5. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    O my god, o my god... *hyperventilates* :D

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Well I would have a screening of it at my place but my TV is way too small :(

7. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    TO KENOBI'S WALL!!!!

8. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
  9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Adam buy movie.

12/17/02 - Back to the Future Trilogy
    11/12/02 - Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    11/12/02 - LOTR 5 disc set.
    11/05/02 - Spiderman
    10/22/02 - E.T. The Extra Terristerial
    09/24/02 - Undergrads
    09/17/02 - Monsters, Inc.
    08/06/02 - The Simpsons Season 2

hmm...it's actually not going to be as bad as I thought it would be. (Titles I'm looking at getting..and no, that's titles not...)

10. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    *Content sigh*

I think we should take a moment to give prayer of thanks to our Digital God Lucas...

Join me in prayer, come, come all my good friends.

*Clears throat*

Our father, provider of heavenly art.

Dolby improved by thou name.

Thy Skywalker Ranch.

Thy will be done in pan and scan as it is in letterbox.

Give us the trilogy, our daily fix, and forgive us our laserdisk burnings, as we forgive those that allow Greedo to fire first.

And lead us not into temptation for Trek and Babylon, but deliver us from Battlestar.

For thine is the kingdom, da bomb and all that and a bag of chips, for DTS and 6.1, forever and ever;

Amen.

11. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Famous Titles for 400 Alex...

12. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

>11/12/02 - LOTR 5 disc set.

has this date been confirmed, adam? I thought the 4-disc version was coming out in november, and the box-set with the 5th disc and bookends in December...

LOTR and SW aside, I'm putting a stop to buying big hollywood films on DVD that i can now rent or borrow from anyone... gotta save cash for the eventual widescreen TV instead :) (or, house to put it in.) Definitely gonna grab the Duel and Down By Law spec.editions this fall... the new Heavenly Creatures disc too, if it's the uncut version... and that's about it, sadly [face_plain]

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Sorry Mike, I assumed that it was the same date as the 4disc. Yargh. Now I'm going to have to wait longer for it. $#$%^ Ah well, xmas is closer than ;)

14. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Re: LOTR DVDs...if you're planning (like myself) on buying both the 2 DVD set and the 5 DVD set:

If you buy FOTR theatrical and FOTR extended, you get a $5 rebate, if you buy FOTR theatrical and FOTR extended gift set, you get $10. Applies to DVDs and/or VHS. So, keep the receipt, rebate form and proof-of-purchase tab from your theatrical version purchase, so you can send it for the rebate when you get the extended. Here's the instructions:

To receive your Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Home Entertainment rebate, send in all five of the required items as indicated below:

For $5 Rebate:
    *Rebate request certificate (found inside all Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring theatrical-version videos and DVDs)
    *Store receipt AND original proof-of-purchase from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring theatrical-version video or DVD
    *Store receipt AND original proof-of-purchase from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring special extended-edition video or DVD

For $10 Rebate:
    *Rebate request certificate (found inside all Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring theatrical-version videos and DVDs)
    *Store receipt AND original proof-of-purchase from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring theatrical-version video or DVD
    *Store receipt AND original proof-of-purchase from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring collector's DVD gift set

Mail all five of the required items to:
    New Line Home Entertainment / LOTR Rebate Offer
    c/o West Coast Marketing
    22287 Mulholland Hwy., #396
    Calabasas, CA 91302
    All rebate requests must be postmarked by March 1, 2003, and received by March 7, 2003.

This has been a public service announcement, brought to you by Jedi_Kat, your resident Ringer Extraordinaire and Pervy Hobbit Fancier. We now continue with our regularly scheduled forumming.

15. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Does this mean I can look at the Theatrical release of FOTR as only costing $16.99?

eep.

16. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I thought Spiderman was Nov 1? Yes, it's a Friday not a Tuesday, but that's what I've read/heard.

Adam, thanks for including Undergrads on your list! :) :)

17. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

oh joy, SPIDERMAN. Can't WAIT to buy THAT one!!!

(in case you can't TELL, i'm being SARCASTIC!!! :) )

18. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Yes we can see you were sarcastic TopGun2001. And yes, Spider-Man does come on video and dvd November 1st. But oh well.

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    yup, my mistake. doh. Now I've just gotta go through the releases for the next few months and update everything.

Undergrads is a must buy :) Any word on the price?

I'll have to add, The Best of the Muppet Show: Mark Hamill for September 3rd.

http://dvd.ign.com/releases.html

20. TopGun2001

May 25, 2001

will it include Mark's embarassing "gargling Gershwin" scene that was cut out of repeat broadcasts?

21. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey Kat,

Will that offer be honoured to Canadian Residents?

NewLine is distributed by Alliance up here where as in the states it's Warner (hence the stupid cardboard snapper cases for DVD's)

Many offers for Warner/NewLine in the states won't apply up here (such as Warner's Buy 5 get 1 free - you couldn't choose any newline titles)

Maybe there'll be a Canadian address?

22. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Ken, good question, but I'm assuming so...I'll find out...

23. Darth_Surly

May 10, 2002
    Adam, you're going to be paying somewhere in the $30s for Undergrads. (It's 2 disks, though).

24. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Cool, thanks. Looking forward to it.

25. Darth_Surly

May 10, 2002
    Hey, guys: The LOTR rebate will be available in Canada also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.