Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Thrasymachus Jedi Master

star 1
    I suppose I should point out that I jumped to the conclusion that it's the love theme that has been titled. The ad just says "featuring the single 'Across the Stars" which sounds like it HAS to be the love theme, but maybe it's another track. Just thank god that the words "Celine Dion" are NOWHERE on the advertisment!
  2. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Oh God, don't even joke about that.
  3. Darth_Thrasymachus Jedi Master

star 1
    PB,

I hope it doesn't have any lyrics. There's nothing conclusive in the ad, but since there's no "performed by..." tag line, I'm sure there's either no lyrics or they are sung by someone completely unknown. I can't imagine Lucas/Williams would use lyrics, but hey, I'm still recovering from 'Jedi Rocks,' so who knows...
  4. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don?t forget that Williams has been a sucker for sung tracks lately, such as with A.I.
    But anyway, I plan on buying only the Yoda cover, unless all 4 of them are cool looking.
    Padme and Anakin and Jango are pretty much going to be on everything from T-shirts to Lunchboxes, so I don?t need more stuff with their faces on it, but Yoda with lightning?

Now that?s something different.
  5. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    It could have been even worse than that. The single could have been titled.

Lots of Jedi Die - Baby Bye Bye Bye Bye Bye
  6. DARK_SCORE Force Ghost

star 4
    Fortunately, I'm easily pleased and I'll just be plumping for the movie poster.

If I buy the Yoda cover, I'll only resent not buying the Jango cover etc etc.

Fear is the path to the dark side
    Fear leads to anger
    Anger leads to suffering

Hmmm... that's why I'll stick with the regular cover. :)

By the way, for a superb cheesy bontempi version of Duel of the Fates, click here. It's cheese-tastic! :D
  7. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Meh. I'm gonna go for the traditional poster cover, since that's what I've got for TPM.

And, I hate to add fuel to the fire of this controversey over lyrics for the love theme, but remember the guy (Raymond) who provided a spy report a while back on JWfan.net?

Well, he said there was a piece of music that featured a solo...

*cringes*
  8. Baptizer Force Ghost

star 1
    I am not totally against someone singing........maybe its just me....
  9. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You will be against it, Baptizer, after your read this post:

"Across the Stars"

cue cheesy synthesizer music accompanying orchestra

cheesy strings and horns

Male solo: Oh what a beautiful evening in the galaxy it is

female solo: I see the galaxy of stars in your eyes

Male: With our love we shall fight the evil that tis'

Female solo: Behold the wonderous battle lighting up the skies...

I would post more, but I just can't stomach it anymore

10. Scott TFN Founder

VIP
    star 2
    I just posted the scans on TFN if you want to see for yourself.

If it was April Fools I would have said Celiene Dion was doing it. :)
  11. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    [image=http://theforce.net/episode2/newspics/billboard1.jpg] [image=http://theforce.net/episode2/newspics/billboard2.jpg]
  13. Baptizer Force Ghost

star 1
    hehehe....
    Ok ok...your right, it would be cheesy. I guess what i meant to say, i could maybe dig a female voice humming or something..... :)

wheres this scan at?
  14. Baptizer Force Ghost

star 1
    Thanks Scotty! Definitely looks like a 'real deal' image of Yoda....sweet! I am diggin it!! Now we just need yoda to sing part of the 'across the stars' song, and ill definitely buy all 4 soundtracks!
  15. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Williams had better have some "heavy" and "intense" music released as a single with a video for Episode II like "Duel Of The Fates" was for Episode I. We Jedi want music to kick a$$ to, not to make out to. If we wanted that, we would just call up *N SYNC for the soundtrack. But oh wait, GL might have done that already. Damn. Viva la Duel Of The Fates.
  16. DARK_SCORE Force Ghost

star 4
    I suppose it would be too much to ask for a complete version of the soundtrack? Or are we all gonna get screwed over again by Sony and all be buying the over-priced definitive version a year or two later...?

That just sucks. And it's not acceptable. Imagine if I handed in some incomplete work to my boss... only to tell him that the definitive work would be with him at an undisclosed later date. [face_plain]

Star Wars fans. We take so much s***...

Does anyone know? I have a friend who used to work for Sony. I'll see what she can dig up for me - it will take a few days though...
  17. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    DARK_SCORE, Amazon has it listed as one-disc, so (since the whole score supposedly chimes in at 125 minutes), I doubt it is the whole score. Sorry man. We're screwed again.
  18. Baptizer Force Ghost

star 1
    Hmm...honestly, i would expect the album to start 'appearing' around the 10th of april......seems as though 99% of all albums get released around 2 weeks before the official date. Something to look forward too i suppose...
  19. SidiousDragon Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry, I'm not a basher and I have huge respect for ILM's work, but I can't stomach the CGI Yoda anymore. Every shot of him looks like a different character! And he just doesn't move right in the trailers either. Brink back the puppet!

*cries in corner*

booohooo.
  20. Alderaan_Rebel Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really doubt that this track will be a lyrical song. I just can't see Lucas going for that. But if he does, it could very possibly be Laura Fabian that sings it.
  21. Baptizer Force Ghost

star 1
    Check out Jango Fett's jet-pack. lol. Its like not even on his back.....as though its part of the picture behind him, and he is standing in front of it.....
  22. Sanjiro Jedi Knight

star 2
    let me get this out of my system really quick. directed at no one in particular:

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY?! OF COURSE IT DOESN'T HAVE LYRICS YOU FOOLS!!! RAR RAR RAR!!!

okay i'm done.

oh my god. could you imagine if it did have lyrics? i wouldn't be able to not throw up. i made a big deal out of the LOTR having a single with lyrics and all and how stupid that was. but thankfully i'm 95% sure that it won't have lyrics. the star wars one. the 5% is just to be polite to the people that think it will.

Across the Stars!

oh i wanted to say too that the howard stern movie soundtrack had a bunch of different covers too. i'm thinking i'm just gonna get the poster art. but i started thinking i should also get the anakin and padme one too. but then that started me thinking i need to get the yoda one then because it's yoda and he's all yoda-y. and then that would make jango all lonely and i'd have to get him too. SO. only poster cover. it's the only way to be fair. yoda, anakin, padme and jango are all on that one. i love them all equally. you can't make me choose!!

anyway. i'm pretty excited about the soundtrack. i don't know way but that's always my favorite thing with new star wars movies. it's always what i'm looking forward to the most. i'll probably start tearing up listening to it.

-Sanjiro
  23. dehrian Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You probably just grab the one you want when you pick it up.

I don't think Across the Stars will have lyrics. I can't see a point for it in the course of the film, and they wouldn't use it in the end credits, as it would be counter to all the other films' end credits. There could be some kind of voice work, just as JW did for DOTF, only on a smaller scale, with maybe a few voices in accompaniment to backup a piece, but nothing in the form of a song.
  24. AL Chosen One

star 5

Why oh why wouldn't they release The Clone March (which might have been changed into The Clone Parade now) as a single?
  25. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, the Yoda cover looks great, that's the best one out of all of them. I'm kind of disappointed that the Jango and Padme and Anakin covers are just images of them we've seen already, but the Yoda cover is superb.

Now I know which one I'm getting for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.