main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    you all are just now getting these songs? i guess i was lucky to get them earlier in the week

2. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    it would seem that since the staff at TFN is not taking down any of these song links that it is ok with LFL? or has TFN softened up?

3. STARCHILD

STARCHILD Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2001
    I tried hard to keep the link off the forum's but i guess TFN's cool with it.

4. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I have listened to most of the soundtrack. I like it. But the music isn't overly memorable as the other 4 scores were. However, that being said most of the music gives the feeling of a horror movie. For fans of dark movies, this may be your movie. I know I am looking forward to a dark movie.

It is was definetly a very erie soundtrack and set a great tone for the darkness. Perhaps besides across the stars and the new march sounding music in the arena battle, Lucas didn't wan't willaims to start to develop many new themes. Becuase if they start developing new themes at this point in the saga, there would be no where to go with them in the laster movies (Episodes III-VI). Because starting in EPisode II they have to start thinking about bring the themes in TPM and the OT closer together. Not going in a different direction and having all kinds of noticable new themes that are something completely different than what we have heard before. They did that for Episode I and it did work becuase it was only Episode I and the farthest episode away chronologically from the OT. NOw is not the time for developing new themes. Everyone get what I am saying.

Didn't Rick McCallum saying something similar in a recent Homing Beacon? That the music is now going to start refining into the OT themes.

5. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Is the Conveyor Belt song also called the Battle of Gall. Cause I downloaded one song named like this and Im downloading all the others, but not one called Conveyor Belt.

6. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    battle of gall is a fake ATOC soundtrack song someone renamed. It's really from Shadows of the Empire...

7. oBi1JaCoBi

oBi1JaCoBi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    I downloaded a song off Kazaa earlier in the week and it was a fake. It fooled me originally because it sounded "Starwarsish." It was entitled Attack of the Clones Soundtrack, and the artist name was Soundtrack. I know it had to be taken from something else John Williams did because it sounds so familiar. Anybody care to search for it and tell me what its from? Or you could PM me and I?ll send it to you. It has been bugging me that I can't figure out what it is from. My guess is one of the Indy movies...

8. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    i've been listening to it since i downloaded it yesterday. i love the entire thing, i can't wait till it comes out on CD with all the covers im getting all covers.

9. darth_peepy

darth_peepy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    can someone please post all the names of the songs in order with the times thanks

10. Kamil

Kamil Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    01 - Star Wars Main Title and Ambush On Coruscant - 3:46
    02 - Across The Stars (Love Theme) - 5:33
    03 - Zam The Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant - 11:07
    04 - Yoda And The Younglings - 3:55
    05 - Departing Coruscant - 1:44
    06 - Anakin And Padme - 3:56
    07 - Jango's Escape - 3:48
    08 - The Meadow Picnic - 4:14
    09 - Bounty Hunter's Persuit - 3:23
    10 - Return To Tatooine - 6:56
    11 - The Tusken Camp and The Homestead - 5:54
    12 - Love Pledge And The Arena - 8:29
    13 - Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale - 10:48
    14 - On The Conveyor Belt (Bonus Track) - 3:07

11. darth_peepy

Mar 5, 2002
    thanks does any one have any other pics besides the three covers weve already seen?
    like the back cover and stuff

12. oBi1JaCoBi

Oct 30, 1999
    hehe I wonder what darth_peepy is doing... Come-on just wait till the 23rd... Do you really need to put a cover on your burnt CD?

13. neoxeon2

Oct 3, 2000
    im not even going to bother to burn the CD, i just wanted it on my comp to listen to while im here, im waiting for 4/23 for the real CD.

14. darth_peepy

Mar 5, 2002
    i dont know what your talking about, i just wanted some pics.

damn you caught me

15. oBi1JaCoBi

Oct 30, 1999
    hehe I burnt the cd myself, but why make covers for it. It will only tempt you to not buy the real thing...

16. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    yeah...

fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, suffering leads to music piracy... ;)

17. T_R_O_N

T_R_O_N Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    ---Mind you none of the Star Wars soundtracks are a patch on the greatest soundtrack of all time - Queens Flash Gordon. Now that is a soundtrack for the ages - I was a little kid when I first heard it and nothing has ever come close.

If Freddie Mercury was still alive I would vote that Queen take over from John Williams and do the soundtrack for the next film and all subsequent reissues of the original trilogy. Think about it - "Yoda -Ah Aaaaaah!!! Savior of the Universe!!"--

It's funny you say that, I edited all the arena/dooku fighting together and mixed it in with the "football fight" and it is hilarious. the file size is like 128 MB so I can't share... but it was fun!

[EDIT] - Actually, I'll try and get it down and see if I can upload it somewhere... for what it's worth. A laugh perhaps

18. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Just thought id advertise a little-I hope that's allowed, if anybody wishes for more in depth discussion on what this soundtrack reveals to us-go here

19. T_R_O_N

Mar 18, 2002
  20. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    Hey if anybody has any songs im still missing a few so thanks.

21. neoxeon2

Oct 3, 2000
    tron what is that for?

22. T_R_O_N

Mar 18, 2002
    Just something I was toying with while I was making my mega trailer... I am trying to get that file size down but... anyway it was just for fun. Nobody'll even download it probably...

23. oBi1JaCoBi

Oct 30, 1999
    not bad tron...

24. T_R_O_N

Mar 18, 2002
    Thanks!
    8-}

25. Emperor_Sebulba

Emperor_Sebulba Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2001
    To me "Across The Stars" sounds like Theme from "Love Story" by Henry Mancini. Does anyone agree? I'm not knocking it, I think it is definatly one of the top 10 star wars songs. Speaking of which, here are my top 10 in order.

1. The Throne Room(IV)
    2. Into The Trap(VI)
    3. Princess Leia's Theme(I)
    4. Main Title(I)
    5. Imperial March(V)
    6. Cantina Band(IV)
    7. Across the Stars(II)
    8. Duel of the Fates
    9. Emepror's Theme(VI)
    10. Yoda's Theme(V)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.