main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. googly_moogly

googly_moogly Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    Would anyone be so kind as to provide me with a link to soundtrack, if not the single? Thanks mnotahack@aol.com

2. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    This is RIDICULOUS [face_plain] This is NOT the MP3 trading thread [face_plain] There is another thread for this.

No offense, but please, PLEASE STOP ruining the Soundtrack discussion thread with these CRAP!!! :p

Talk about the Radio happenings, please :)

3. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    UP!!!

Who has heard it on Radio?

4. Wolfgang187

Wolfgang187 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    Ok the 1st song on the soundtrack "01) Star Wars Main Title And Ambush On Coruscant" thats been going around IRC is half fake, dunno about the other half.

1st of all the main title is 100% identical to Episode one's main title. Im one of them peeps that can listen to the title from any SW movie and tell you which episode its from. I even put both songs in an audio editor, and the spectrographs of them are EXACTLY the same.

What follows "Ambush On Coruscant" ive never heard before, but it stands to reason that if the beginning is fake the rest will be too. I could be wrong on this 2nd part tho.

5. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    [face_plain]

If you are still looking for it, DON'T use this thread!!!

Please talk about Radio plays, music analysis for those already heard the entire Soundtrack in this thread INSTEAD!!!

6. Wolfgang187

Wolfgang187 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    Ok the 1st song on the soundtrack "01) Star Wars Main Title And Ambush On Coruscant" thats been going around IRC is half fake, dunno about the other half.

1st of all the main title is 100% identical to Episode one's main title. Im one of them peeps that can listen to the title from any SW movie and tell you which episode its from. I even put both songs in an audio editor, and the spectrographs of them are EXACTLY the same.

What follows "Ambush On Coruscant" ive never heard before, but it stands to reason that if the beginning is fake the rest of the song will be too. I could be wrong on this 2nd part tho. But I am right on the 1st.

7. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Still nobody heard it on Radio yet??? Man, this is .... I don't even think they got it.

And, what about the MSN/ Soundtrack Bounty Hunt??? It points to starwars.com, but OS doesn't have anything, maybe later today? :D

8. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    If starwars.com has updated with the POD 1 Feature, please Notify me!!! :)

9. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    I was just checking out the newly opened ST site at Sony and saw the official tracklisting omits the Bonus Track: Conveyor Belt tune. Is this bonus track one of those hidden tracks or is it only available on discs sold at certain stores?

10. Sense-My-Presense

Sense-My-Presense Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony just released it's official Soundtrack website and you can here a brief version of "Across the Stars". They just opened it and the link will not be blocked since it's official.

clicky

Also, if anyone hasn't heard the soundtrack and just wants to listen to it. PM me and I'll give you the link that's running live 24/7. You can't download or switch tracks..but you can enjoy them while online or whatever.

11. Sense-My-Presense

Sense-My-Presense Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2000
    Also, if some of you don't know where to listen to it..I know a link to where it is streaming 24/7. You can't download it or keep it...or even switch tracks...but if you just want to listen to it while you're online...it's good! And good quality!

12. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    Well, I tried staying away from the AOTC sdtk for as long as I could.

Unfortunetly I gave up only a few hours ago.

As of right now, I have mixed feelings about the music. Some of it sounds great especially those military marches. But, Im noticing to many similarities with this sdtk and other JW sdtks.

Especially that Hook-ish theme!!! What is with that?! I think I also heard something from Indiana Jones TOD sdtk. I know that sometimes composers have been known to steal little elements from previous works but, this is ridicolous! Almost note for note! Im not sure if you guys have discussed this in previous pages but, I am really lost as to why JW would do something so careless.

Any answers?

13. Sith_Lord_of_Silence

Sith_Lord_of_Silence Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2002
    Would someone please PM me a website link so I can download that sountrack. Thanks.

14. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    Why is there no Confederation March? :D

15. Vonn

Vonn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Across the Stars is fantastic!

16. WeezerPA

WeezerPA Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    Hi. I'm very new to message boards, and would really like to hear the music for the new film. I'm planning on buying it when it comes out, so if someone could E-mail (s418595@gettysburg.edu) me a link to where I could download the tracks, I promise I won't be stealing them. Someone PLEASE help a sister out! Thanks so much!!!

17. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    [Annoyed]HAS ANYBODY'S LOCAL MUSIC STATION PLAYED IT YET ????[/Annoyed]

18. Lock

Lock Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Ummm... Yeah... So... I was looking for something and many of you know where it is. Could someone please e-mail me or im me at Tim99CA@aol.com, so I can find what I'm looking for?

19. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
  20. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
  21. JEDI-JT

JEDI-JT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    Are there no more active links for the soundtrack?

Can someone PM me a link. I still need 3 tracks. Thanks!

22. Sith_Lord_of_Silence

Sith_Lord_of_Silence Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2002
    Wow! The soundtrack is really awesome. I am sure that the film will match it.

I am really happy to hear a full on Imperial March...that's pretty sweet.

23. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    God, why nobody heard it on radio yet?

24. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Any thoughts or ideas as to what is going to be on screen when we hear the imperial march? The clones marching up the ramps? Dooku and Sidious? I think the clones are the best bet...and that would just be awesome...seeing palpatine looking all somber as his phalanx upon phalanx of clone warriors march up the loading ramps.

25. The_Reek

The_Reek Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    I think that the Imperial march will be played during the Wedding, as Padme walks down the isle (great intense isle music) and the Across the Stars we hear will start playing right when they kiss. I hope its like that, but its probably not, it'll be for the Clones. I really wish that Williams had written a "Clone March" instead of a juiced up Imperial March.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.