main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    What the Hell is the holdup of "Across The Stars" to be played on Radio?

2. Darth_Ulimious

Darth_Ulimious Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2001
    Anyone have an idea of the events during "Return to Tatooine." If anyone noticed, "Duel of the Fates" plays for about 20 seconds. Any ideas?

3. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    The Imperial March is playing while Yoda, ObiWan, Mace, Palpatine, and others look on at the clonetroopers being loaded and transported.

"Begun this Clone War has."

Across the Stars then kicks in as Anakin and Padme are married....

THE END.

4. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    Duel of the Fates kicks in on Return to Tatooine after Anakin talks to the jawas and hops back on the swoop to take off after the tuskens.

5. JoelDubin

JoelDubin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    To the guy hoping to hear it on the radio...I wouldn't hold your breath. Back in 99 DOTF was released as a single also, and was supposed to get airplay and never did (as far as I know). if it were to get any airplay, it would only play on a classical or eclectic station that airs NPR, or the like. Though its a hit among fans, commercial radio does not have a large enough audienceof listeners that would be interested in hearing this. MTV is an exception since the film is a cultural /media event and the new visuals in the video will mean a lot of people will be tuning in. ATS isn't mainstream enough for a pop radio station to play it. Unless , that is, they did a techno remix, which might be interesting.

By the way, I suppose the old Moby rumor is wrong. Would be cool if he got his hands on the theme and that was the single.

6. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    is there a another store other than wallmart giving away the bonus track with the aotc soundtrack?

7. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Wal-Mart is NOT having the Bonus track listed in the back, so it's either not there, or just not listed.

They have a BONUS Screen Saver though, please UPLOADED/SHARE IT with us :)

8. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Ok...

Pod 3 says the Radio Edit (complete with Sound effects and Dialogs) will come out today to download!

Soo.... WHERE IS IT? After Music Video today???

9. Darth_Racer

Darth_Racer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    I just listened to the soundtrack, at work, and my impressions are that it is excellent, adventurous music! It makes me want to see the film right now...
    I like it better than TPM soundtrack, which I thought was well done.
    I highly recommend it....the kind of music you can play again and again, and not get tired of it.

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm not sure, but the radio edit could be the music video without the video. If it's anything like TPM's video, it has sound clips from the movie and everything, and the length would be about right.

Also, when shopping for the soundtrack, I was able to find three of the covers. I went to three different places (K-Mart, Wal-Mart, FYE), and none of them had the Yoda cover! Was anyone able to find the Yoda cover?

11. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Yeah, upload the screensaver someone!

12. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Spider, do you know which Search ENgine Spiders every website daily?

13. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I live in Australia and I looked everywhere for the Episode 2 soundtrack today but could not find it :(

I asked the guy working there and he said "is there a new Star Wars film coming out?, I didn't know that and I have not heard about any Episode 2 soundtrack". What a jerk. I wonder where he has been living the last 3 years...On Pluto.

14. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    I picked it up this morning in the States. Anakin and Padme cover from Best Buy.

Has an "exclusive" card in it too. I'm now one of 50,000 to have the card. Don't I feel special :p

Anyways, the soundtrack is well worth it just for the quality. Williams' music always sounds much better in original format because he uses such a wide range of sounds in at at a wide range of volumes.

15. GBG2001

GBG2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2001
    I just put the soundtrack (from Wal-Mart)into my computer and it gives my computer a heart attack. Nothing loads, the music or the extra thing, and it stalls my comp until I take the disk out. What am I doing wrong?

16. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
    Yoda I think I read that Wal-Mart was the only one who got the bonus track...

17. GBG2001

GBG2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2001
    My Wal-Mart soundtrack doesn't have the bonus track--only the crappy screen saver that is screwing up my computer!

edit--I think someone said Target had the bonus track

18. dash101

dash101 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Doesn't the soundtrack come out on the 28th?

DDdaaaamn.. Cant wait for all that merchandise!.

ughh... I'm going to be so broke after this.
    Well that, and Lucas is going to be so rich..

but ... eh.. what can do u do?

-dash101

19. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Wal-Mart doesn't have the bonus track. It does have a pretty cool screensaver (with menu), but that's about it.

20. CORILLIAN

CORILLIAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2001
    Agreed, no bonus track CD from Wal-Mart. :_|

21. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    It's not Wal-Mart. That report was wrong. It's Target, as Destroyer pointed out in this thread. I've checked, and it's true. There's no track 14 listed on the back of the packaging, but there is a sticker on the front:
    [image=http://www.nenya.net/dehrian/Yoda.jpg]

And there it is, at track 14.

Also, the disc has given me no problems in the car or on the computer. I'm listening to it now on my computer, as a matter of fact, just as I listened to it in the car on the way home. I've also copied a track to both mp3 and wav as a test, and the disc is not copy protected. So whatever problems you guys are having are likely related to the CD-ROM content via the screensaver. The Target disc has the bonus track instead of the screensaver that is available on the Wal-Mart disc.

EDIT: On a personal note, I just hit 7000 posts. sigh

22. shiningstars

shiningstars Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2002
    Congrats on your 7000 :D

Someone upload the screensaver please :)

23. Tequila617

Tequila617 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2001
    Don't worry about not having the bomus track 14.. it sucks.

24. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    In your opinion. Aside from Zam the Assassin, it's the best action cue on the disc, IMO.

You can hear it in the new TV spots they're running, spotlighting different characters. They're looping one portion of it, but it's a great track. It's the only music in the Anakin spot, and it comes in at :16 on the Jango spot.

25. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I finally got the soundtrack. Today was the very first time I've heard anything. I love Across the Stars. And by random luck, I went to Target to buy the CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.