main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ymenard1138

ymenard1138 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2000
    "Where dreams are born" might sound cheesy, but it's a line *from* the A.I. movie, and a very important line in the movie.

Hopefully, nobody in AOTC will be saying "Across the stars" ;)

2. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    "Across the Stars" is really the love theme between Obi-Wan and Jango Fett.

That asteroid chase is really a cosmic chase between lovers "across the stars" as Jango tries to catch the one he lost.

3. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    LOL JW00

At first, I really liked Across the Stars. . . then I thought about it and. . . oi
    Maybe it was the way it was presented on the ad or something. I don't think actual lyrics would fly too well. Especially english lyrics for an international audience. So I'm hoping for a wordless female soloist. That I could stomach.
    On one hand, AtS (WooHoo! First to use it in initial form! :p) really has a romantic cue to it. Two people sperated by years and years and a galaxy only to meet once again and fall in love.
    But it also has a whole Top Ten feeling to it which is total groan factor.
    Still, in the end, I think I trust John Williams more than anybody else working on SW, so I'll continue to trust his work :)

4. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

The title does not matter as long as it is a good track. Personally, I am a bigger fan of Williams' epic works than his romantic ones but I am willing to wait.

This piece was recorded as "The Love Theme" and, just like DotF, it was, believe it or not, misspelt at certain sheets. :)

5. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    How can you misspell that? The Luv Theme? I remember some sheets of DOTF saying Dual of the Fates.

6. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    Well, you asked for it! (Well, actually you didn't, but...)
    The Official Top Ten rejected titles for "Across The Stars" (or the love theme from AOTC)....

10. InVADER of love.
    9. ROB the cradle of love (With lyrics by Billy Idol.)
    8. Over the dunes, across the stars, and in your ________. (Da smakin' dat @$$
    mix!)
    7. Set your weapons for love.
    6. Saber of love. (The "Put that thing away or you're gonna get us all killed!" mix)
    5. '"I can FEEL you".
    4. It was worth losing my mother just so I can get it on with you.
    3.The planet of Nabooty.
    2.Apprentice of the Force, Master of LOVE!

and the number one rejected title for "Across The Stars" is...

1. By the cockpit lights (with lyrics by Meatloaf).

:D

7. Basil_Hennington

Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2002

the Jango cover doesn't look so hot

8. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Nsync will probably do the love song ;)

9. Wookienookie

Wookienookie Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2001
    Punisher, that is one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long time! HAAAAAAAA!

10. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Damn, this is SO COOL!!!

"Across The Stars" is a Beautiful name of Love song!!!

11. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    Okay, serious time!

I'm sick of this "Limited Edition" crap, take a hint from those of us comic fans that have been burned by the "alternate cover/same crap inside" business.
    If it's really limited, it will cost you, don't buy the hype.

Leave the "Limited Editons" on the shelf and just buy the standard poster cover.
    Save you're money for the "REAL" 2 CD soundtrack that Sony will push in a year or so.

Don't reward Sony and Lucasfilm with your hard earned cash, when they are just playing the fans for fools!

(Remember the McCallum quote ... "we're gonna make a $-itload of money" , DON'T JUST GIVE IT TO THEM, MAKE THEM EARN IT!!!")

12. Basil_Hennington

Basil_Hennington Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2002

I am probably going to wait for Ultimate Edition, yes.

13. NRDigital

NRDigital Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    Is it just me, or does Yoda have a mullet? WAY.TOO.MUCH.HAIR.
    That is one bad-booty shot, though! :eek:
    I think the only vocals that Williams would use would be reminiscant of some A.I. songs, or possibly Enya-like hums.
    I swear I would kill myself if someone actually sung.

14. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Eh. I'll buy the first edition now, and in a year, I'd think I'd have enough for the second edition without it slumpng me into bankruptcy. :p

15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Punisher, I'm totally with you on that one. Screw the limited edition ones, just give me the poster covered one.

16. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    My opinion is: YES, it WILL HAVE LYRICS... BUT Not sang by Pop stars, but by the choir (SAME ONE) who sang "Duel Of The Fates"!!!

It will NOT be sing by the Pop Stars (Celion, Whitney, etc)...

But I think the Song will be very beautiful, it will have pop stars wanna to license it and sing their own version of it, in the future :p

17. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    You can pre-order your copy at Amazon.com now :)

18. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    I have to admit, there is truth in their advertising.

These are LIMITED editions, meaning that the music being released from the film is LIMITED!

I expect people to buy the initial soundtrack, I'm just trying to warn the "collectamaniacs" that there is no reason to blow money on ALL the soundtrack covers, just because of the words "LIMITED EDITION" are stuck on there.
    I don't want to see a bunch of _ _ _ _ _ing on these boards when people realize they were getting screwed!

(I can't believe that John Williams is going to let his music be Sony's whore.
    Eh, I suppose he's just looking at the bottom line. All that money isn't going to do GL or him any good when they're dead!)

19. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Punisher: Why not, its fun to laugh at gullible idiots.

20. Knightstalker-

Knightstalker- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    Ok, so there's 4 covers...so long as the limited editions don't cost anymore than the regular cover, I'll pick up the one I like best. Simple really.

21. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    lol at the punisher!

22. Darth_Rain

Darth_Rain Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2001
    Why does everything in this thread have to be "cheesy?" quit bellyaching, who cares if the cover pics don't look right. It's the content that counts. And "Across the Stars" is the perfect name for the love theme.

..I hope we don't get any spoiler track titles.. the Qui-Gon one on TPM was shocking.. I mean, I knew already that he bit the dust as it was spoiled on a documentary I watched.. but still.

Ah what am I saying! I've been reading spoilers in here for ages anyway!

Oh, and a funny thing that the lyrics for DOTF were in Sanskrit, since Maul was created with partly a Hindu history in mind, kind of the hindu version of the devil.

23. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    I think the image and packaging does matter. After all, they are trying to sucker us into buying four versions of the CD, they could at least make it a decent package. Part of the attraction of buying a CD is to get the accompanying stuff with it.

The booklet and box-work on the TPM Ultimate Edition was beautiful. Unfortunately, the original release of the soundtrack was as lame as these initial scans seem. I remember it was a poorly photoshopped fold-out poster and some rather poor pictures.

Alas, I feel we're going to get fobbed off with cheap artwork and naff design work once again.

These things MATTER! :mad:

They're the Star Wars soundtracks, for God's sake! It annoys me enough that we'll have to buy two versions of basically the same thing, but for music fans, these are as important as the videos and DVDs themselves, in a way.

Right, rant over... :)

24. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Star Wars has always had instrumental music and no lyrics so why spoil a good formula and Celion Dion...Well I can't stand her. Everytime I hear her voice, Titanic comes to mind and I don't want that while I'm watching Episode 2. Lets hope this 'Across the Stars' single is only instrumental.

25. xwing

xwing Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 9, 1998

Did they market Duel of the Fates as a "Single"? I don't care about the artwork, or having four covers, but it would probably bother me if there's actually some sort of Titanic-style love song...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.