Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smaul1984 Jedi Knight

star 1
    are the music out on any file sharing program?????????/

i would love to hear it. april 23rd is to long to wait for.
  2. Skywalk272 Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly Frank-that is deinatley what is going on here-Williams is creating a mirror with the OT, to let everything eveolve.
  3. JediRia Jedi Master

star 2
    Help! how is everyone hearing the music...where are you finding it...oh please, please help!
  4. rogue 5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already and I haven't read the scriptment either, but could "Across the Stars" be a reference to a line of dialogue in the movie? Just a thought...

5. Q187 Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The score is SO beautiful, SO grand, yet so scary. I've never been more excited for Ep2 than when I sat in my room and listened to the score straight through.....AHH!!!!

6. bulent_hasan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Turn on your FTP and go to:

IP - 24.76.76.189
    port 1975
    user - star wars
    pass - gasgano

the whole soundtrack is there (it's being placed there as we speak) and other goodies like Making Episode 2 videos, The Ewok TV movies, Episode 2 Storyboards and more.

who da man?

BUlent
    bulent_hasan@yahoo.com
    http://www.moviereviewspage.com
    http://fetthead.tripod.com
  7. yodaman Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm listening to Across the Stars right now and it really reminds me of the first movement of Tchaikovsky's first symphony. Anyone else think there's a similarity?
  8. CMR Jedi Master

star 4
    AtS made me want to cry. It was so beautiful. and Track 13 (The Dooku Track) was well...undescribable.
  9. JediRia Jedi Master

star 2
    Across the Stars is so hauntingly beautiful!
    I'm totally stunned...it all sounds so amazing [face_love]
  10. smaul1984 Jedi Knight

star 1
    HEY BULTEN i can't get to your ftp files!!

what's going on?????
  11. dash101 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohh lala!

If any of you want, you can check out my official ATTACK OF THE CLONES SOUNDTRACK REVIEW on Aint it Cool News.com
    MOoahahah!

[image=http://www.aintitcool.com/media/harry.gif]

Enjoy!

-dash101
  12. son_of_the_tear Force Ghost

star 5
    I love the use of flute and keyboard on this soundtrack.

And I love the middle eastern influences.

My favorite tracks are:

Across The Stars
    Anakin and Padme
    The Meadow Picnic

These three have heavy middle eastern influences.

And finally, of course, confrontation with Dooku.
  13. DarthBurnsy Jedi Knight

star 1
    How is everyone listening to it?

Please tell me. :(
  14. Swingin Vader Force Ghost

star 4
    I wonder if the Imperial March during "Confrontation with Dooku" will revolve around Dooku, or Anakin as he gets angry during the fight. My hope, of course, is for the latter.
  15. Darth_Core_Dump Jedi Master

star 3
    yodaman -

You're right on about Tchaikovsky. I don't have the first, but I have a couple of others (The Tempest, Marche Slave) that are done very much the same way.
  16. Billy_Masqets Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wonder if the Imperial March during "Confrontation with Dooku" will revolve around Dooku, or Anakin as he gets angry during the fight. My hope, of course, is for the latter.

Actually, I'd say neither. My guess is that it accompanies the marching of the clones and Yoda's final line. And then right after that we get the wedding scene (ca 3:40 - ca 4:40) after which we get to the credits. It's my belief that the Anakin/Obi-Wan/Dooku duel is without music, then at some point (the falling of the crane, I guess) the music kicks in. Then we get Dooku's flight, Padme and Anakin catching up and Dooku's encounter with Sidious before the 3:00 mark.

17. IamJacksName Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really, how are you people listening to this? I can't access the FTP that was listed. Are the files up on Kazaa or Audiogalaxy? If so, I can't find them. A little help here guys...

EDIT: If someone could PM me I'd really appreciate it.
  18. Stormhit Jedi Padawan

Skywalk272, I don't know if I can help you out with what the official musical term for that might be other than just saying that it's reversing the intervals of the original tune. Rachmaninov did the same thing with one of the Variations in his Paganini Rhapsody, with entirely similar results. Reversing the intervals and slowing down the uptempo tune that he was composing variations on, he created one of his most memorable works.
  19. Darth_Core_Dump Jedi Master

star 3
    I believe it's called an inversion. but i might be wrong.
  20. jangosdna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Where is it?? O-where o-Where?

pm me and I'll give you a dollar...
  21. Beren Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have one more track left to download, and all I can say so far is wow. Usually, even with a William's soundtrack, it has to grow on me for a while before I appreciate the entire score, but this one is different for me. I really really like it. I hope we get a special edition soundtrack with all the cuts and variations soon. Love this.
    So what is everyone's favorite tracks?

I am having trouble picking them right now.
    Return to Tatooine is great though.
  22. Darth_Core_Dump Jedi Master

star 3
    Noticably absent is the Emperor's theme. Unless i just missed it. It would have to be in the movie somewhere, wouldn't it?
  23. DarthBane93 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes. There is no hint of Palpy's theme anywhere on the tracks...which really doesnt suit me too well. Are we going to see even less of Sideous than we did in EpI?

I know this is an incomplete CD of the movie, but I think hearing Sideous's theme in EpI really hit the mark well! I remember listening to TPM's CD early before the movie came out and when I heard his theme go...it was awesome! I was jumping up and down and it was sweet.

Sure we get to hear the Imperial March, so thats sweet...its just a bit disappointing that we may not see much of our Palpy. :(
  24. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    It's not there.

Also missing is the Night Club music. Unless that electric guitar in the Zam chase is it.
  25. CMR Jedi Master

star 4
    I was fianlly able to dl track 13, but it was wrong bit encoding! t wouldnt work with my other tracks when tried to burn them on CD!

Where can I get it at?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.