main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary *** OFFICIAL Episode III Premiere Planning Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    What is the 501st planning on doing at Chinook? I'm planning on seeing RotS there at midnight on opening night and wouldn't mind joining in with you guys if it's good.

BTW, does anyone here have Chapters 21-25 of the Clone Wars burned on DVD? I've tried 5 different DVD burning programs to put my hyperspace .mov files onto DVD and none of them worked correctly. I want to have a Clone Wars party with my friends on May 18th to gear up for RotS and if one of you guys has a good version of season 3 burned onto DVD, then I would gladly drive over to your house and pay you for a burned copy. Thanks.

S-C

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    We'd be glad to have u join us. The 501st will be there wandering around promoting the movie. As well we'll all have costumes as well.

Ryan

3. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Sandcrawler i have found that the River Past Video Cleaner does a good job on .mov files. i have tryed converting the small version of Episode 25 of clone wars and it works. Here is the addy for Video Cleaner
    http://www.riverpast.com/en/prod/videocleaner/index.php

4. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I have 40 tickets to the May 19th 12:05am showing of ROTS at Famous Players Chinook. They are $11.00 each.

A meeting Monday May 2 is planned to distribute them to the group. The service at BP's sucked. Does anybody have a better meeting spot?

Doctor "I have all the tickets in the world" Haggis

5. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    All i could say is

SWEEEEEEEET

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The Force is with you Dr. Haggis!! Did we miss out on the 12:01 show? Or is 12:05 the first show? I guess as long as we see it that night, it doesn't matter.

Monday works - although I can't really think of anything place else downtown that's good......

7. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Is there anything along a c-train route that any good. what about up by brentwood or chinook area. I'm not to familiar with places along the c-train.

Ryan

8. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Is there a Lenny's around there? I think that there is one on Macleod.

Darth Paul

9. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I don't know about Lenny's - but there is a Denny's just south of Chinook Centre on Macleod. There are lots of places along Macleod near Chinook - Limmerick's is pretty good too.

10. SAND-CRAWLER

Sep 12, 2003
    Sandcrawler i have found that the River Past Video Cleaner does a good job on .mov files. i have tryed converting the small version of Episode 25 of clone wars and it works. Here is the addy for Video Cleaner

Yes, I've used that program as well as WinAVI, ULead DVD Workshop, InterVideo WinDVD Creator and Roxio DVD creator. I have no problems converting the files to avi or mpeg or any other format for that matter. I can even create DVD files. The problem I have is that everytime I try to put the files onto DVD, it doesn't do it correctly (no sound or audio progressively gets out of sinc).

Sorry to derail the thread so we'll get back on track.
    I'm in for hanging out on the 19th and heading to the movie together. Are you guys dressing up or not? There easiest place to meet would probably be Joey Tomato's, East Side Mario's or Moxies in Chinook. Otherwise, there's the Cactus Club, Limerics and Cheesecake Cafe just south on McLeod Tr.

11. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Sand-crawler, have you changed to a new brand of DVDs? I find that I can only use Maxells in my laptop burner. If I use another brand, I get sync problems and stuff.

As for a place to meet, we need a big place to spread out, that is not too loud, and is not too busy.

Darth Paul

ps. don't you guys remember the old Denny's commercials where the one old lady called Denny's Lenny's.

12. SAND-CRAWLER

Sep 12, 2003
    That's funny, because I specifically used Maxell DVDs from FutureShop. Oh well. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

13. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Suggestions for new places for our meetings:

• *Pizza Hut at Brentwood Mall

• Wendy's by Marlborough station

• Denny's on 16th ave NW, close to Banff Trail station

• Pied Pickle downtown (any other downtown restaurants that aren't expensive, loud, or cramped)

• Ricky's by Chinook Mall

• *Second Cup at Chinook Mall (the little "patio" that's seperate from the rest of the food court)

• *Tim Horton's on MacLeod Trail, just south of Glenmore Trail (close to Chinook mall)

• Lenny's (DENNY's) on MacLeod Trail, just south of Glenmore Trail

* - indicates veritate's preferences

14. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Yay Dr, Haggis! Good work.
    My preference wold be the Pizza hut in Brentwood mall...it's close to my house.
    I started on my jedi costume...I have the pants and the undershirt done so far, I'll have it ready for the premier.
    I'm so excited!

15. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Evening all!!

The 501st Badlands whole heartedly looks forward to the two groups being together at the Chinook theatre for the big night! We'd love to share the evening with your group....and I know the theatre is going to LOVE having all of the costumes there.

Tell your friends who are looking forward to seeing troopers to bring their cameras. They might catch sight of a trooper eating popcorn out of their bucket (helmet).... :)

I'm sorry I won't be there to meet all of you. I'll be at SilverCity in Edmonton with the rest of the Squad. We'll have to plan a get together when most of the Edmonton crew is coming down to Calgary!

Please come by and visit our site at www.badlands.ca anytime you'd like. We have some great resources for costuming and prop making and we love to talk about it with anyone who will listen!

16. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Had a great time at the meeting tonight, thank you to everyone for your help with my lightsaber and costume.

Bfett333, thanks for dropping by, have a wonderful time at the premier in Edmonton, look foward to meeting you all someday.

17. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    A funny Review of ROTS from The Onion AV Club

Causes for excitement: The by-all-appearances-final entry in the Star Wars series, Revenge Of The Sith looks like it's drawing the saga to its conclusion?or at least its midpoint?in high style. The trailer looks thrilling and dark, more Empire Strikes Back than Phantom Menace, and the film appears to be loaded with Wookies. And who doesn't love Wookies? No one lining up for this movie, that's for sure.

Probable cause for disappointment: Early viewers have complained about the notable lack of sexual chemistry between Natalie Portman and Chewbacca. Also, the film appears to be light on Jar Jar Binks, the lovable, funny-talking man-imp who burrowed into our hearts back in 1999. Will no one shake George Lucas by the shoulders and demand he return to the series' core elements: fart jokes, gratuitous pratfalls, and thinly veiled ethnic humor?

18. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Howdy again!

Wow - while I was on holiday a lot has happened!

My super-duper appreciation to everyone who is working on this premiere and especially to DrHaggis for securing the tickets - which I forgot to pay you for last time we met!

I will get to work on getting other individuals posting and confirming presence too.

By the way - husband and I are both free all day. I'm happy to line-up at any sane or insane hour and placehold.

Jen

19. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Echosevin there is no public 7pm showing so it will not show up on their site. Its a private screening. Yes the 501st will be there. Its looking like maybe 10-15 people. They will also be at the advance. I'll try to confirm number with them.

Ryan

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Jen - I plan on being at the theatre at 6am (that's when the mall opens) and will sit in front of the mall doors to the theatre (I'm told they open those doors first). Come on down anytime and hang out! It'd be great to meet you.
    I'm going to stop by the theatre Monday and Tuesday night to check to see if anyone is camping out (not sure where they would around the mall) - if there is, I plan on gettin' in line then.

And I've found a few friends to hold our place in line while we view the advance screening too. They should be at the theatre around 4pm.

21. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    echosevin - I could make it around 6 am as well. Whatever works for tactical deployment of the troops :).

Finished re-working my Padme wig last night - the excitement is building along with the hair-spray fumes!

Jen

22. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    For anyone wondering:

Yrol, Jack, and Magpie Jen have successfully made the trip to the theatre. They are lined up outside the door on the East side of the theatre (By Chapters). There is a tent there (someone camped-out overnight) and a Sun reporter, who is really great.

Kent and I dropped-off a care package for them this morning on our way to work. This work day simply cannot be over soon enough! ;)

See you there, everyone!

~ Jedi Master Rae Lyyn

23. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    Well it is 9:06, slept only 2 hours and about to leave here to go to the theater for a couple of hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.