main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Okay, no need for semantics.

First, it worked for Star Trek because there aren't as many fans as there are for Star Wars, therefore there is less die-hard adualation. Star Wars is a worldwide phenomena. If Disney tries to pull a Trek by rebooting with new actors AND creating an alternate universe where Han exists with his younger self that would totally destroy THIS fanbase. That is my point.

Second, gee whiz -- Han, Luke and Leia are the big 3 of Star Wars. Who else? Anthony Daniels? Peter Mayhew? Give me a break. They are suppport who've shown willingness to play their roles sbecause they really don't have a career outside Star Wars. In fact Hamill and Fisher barely do.

2. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Where are the semantics?

Are you serious about Star Trek?!? In what universe is Trek not a worldwide phenomena?!? With a totally adulent fan base?!?

And again - are you serious telling me you don't know who the Other is in the Big 4?!?

Has Walter been messing about with inter dimensional travel again?!?

3. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah I guess I don't know who #4 is. When I think of the original trilogy Han, Luke and Leia are the BIG 3. The fact that you're parsing this IS SEMANTICS. LOL

Star Trek is nowhere near as big as Star Wars. You're kidding yourself if you think that and just to win an internet "argument" that doesn't exist. You're just being difficult. All my points are valid. LOL

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  4. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    There is no parsing or semantics, my friend.

And you are not the only one overlooking the other member if the team. Why? I can't imagine!!!

As to Star Trek - there is no argument - I never said there was - but methinks you are the one "kidding yourself" if you think Trek isn't as big a cultural phenomena as Star Wars.

That is crazy talk.

5. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    You obviously don't know what the words "parsing" or "semantics" are.

Alright, you win. Your geekdom is clearly much larger and stronger than mine. LOL

Except you're the only one who thinks Star Trek is even close. Look around some of the other threads -- "Will Star Wars bomb" and you will see many people back me on this. Star Trek isn't even close.

Who is #4 btw? R2D2? LOL

He was msotly CG in the prequels.

6. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think Trek comes close to SW. Look at the explosion of interest across geekdom, the media and the general public with the announcement of episode 7. There was no way near the same amount of buzz for the Abrams Trek reboot. Yes Trek is well known and a large part of pop culture. Close to SW? No way.

JainaSoloYJK and Echo-07 like this.
  7. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, this is a no-brainer. Star Trek can't hold SW' jock so to speak.

When the Star Trek reboot happened, I didn't even know about it until the movie was almost released and I'm a pretty current guy. The general puiblic wasn't speaking oif it.

HOWEVER, when the SW news broke it was everywhere instantly. My brother is half the SW geek I am and even he heard about it the next day and we talked about it endlessly. Then we had a prequel marathon to celebrate.

Also, the movie making world, people in the industry, exploded about the news.

It's laughable to even compare them really.

8. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I got to head out - see a guy about a stock light freighter ;) - but I'll be back later this evening.

9. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    She's hot

10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Wasn't she Amidala's decoy in The Phantom Menace?

11. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
  12. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ Yes, she was.

If they do include EU characters and Jaina ends up being one of them, I'd definitely support Knightley in the role, although, depending on the actual timeline of the ST and Jaina's age if she were used, she might be too old (she'd be 30 by the time E7 is released).

Edit: Ninja'd.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  13. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Wow the prequels really did have some stupid dialog. I forgot about that Angel bit in episode 1.
    Who wrote this crap anyway?:confused:

14. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Unless someone gets statics or the likes I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

But, I have to say this - death threats get issued on the Star Trek message boards on regular basis - can't say that isn't fan adulation.;)

FinleySlade likes this.
  15. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Ha! Well in that case...

16. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Dude, you must half taken a year off the internet.

There was a hell of a lot of coverage when the news was announced - is the coverage the same? I honestly can't recall, but I would imagine there are a good view more websites since then, but I tend to ignore the vast majority of there shameless lies. :)

As to actual real news coverage - don't know about your area but it only got a few hours coverage that I saw and that was more concerned with the financial aspect.

It won't get a mention again until the premiere.

Will it make more money than Trek? Probably, I don't see money as an important aspect in the matter.

I mean, does the fact that the Star Wars films are among the most financially successful movies of all time - no, because we'd love them just the same.

17. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

What do you mean?

18. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes but she always plays really annoying characters.

19. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I mean I wouldn't want to mess with Trek in case I get any death threats! :)

20. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I was at the recieving end of one for the heinous crime of saying it doesn't matter what a "real supernova" can do and saying it wasn't important how the Enterprise got home after ejecting the core, only that it did.

To be fair to the guy, he never actually threatened me with death.

Just that he'd make me eat my own shredded intestines and suck my beating heart dry. :eek:

So don't tell me that franchise hasn't had a major impact ;)

FinleySlade likes this.
  21. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    [face_nail_biting]

Uh...the impact of making 'fans' do that? Prequel-haters and others ahve gotten into some heated online arguements but...sheesh! That's just too much!

22. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
  23. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Always good to see some love for the 'Batch ;)

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    With Michael Arndt being ace at writing about families, the Sequels could include three generations.

If it does involve Luke and co. and moves on the nesscessary 40 years, it could be likely that the gangs kids would be in their 30's and possibly have their own children.

25. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    tiny boobs though

Saurion-Fett likes this.