main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    A clone who was created but never deployed, who was given a normal life span, and who maybe even fought in the rebellion: I don't think that would be clunky. Could be fun. And it would tie VII with the PT and TCW in a very organic way.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There wasn't that much explanation at the time "The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible".

Having a character say "Boba Fett? I thought he was dead" and another respond "The Sarlacc found him somewhat indigestible" has the advantage of being short, explaining it, and being a nod to the comic.

3. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Fair enough. :)

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Temuera Morrison but I don't want Boba Fett to return for reasons already listed: let dead characters lie. The Maul resurrection in TCW was awful enough.

Nate Parker is hot so I wouldn't mind seeing him as a young Jedi. Idris Alba would be a good one as well, and I certainly hope that Luke isn't the only Jedi in VII.

If Ford, Fisher and Hamill return, it should be in supporting roles and the film should take place in a time frame in which Luke, Han and Leia would be the same age as their actors. But I'd rather the films not make the same mistake the EU has made and continue focusing on these three to the detriment of the newer characters.

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I agree with this assessment. I too think the Big 3 should be there in more of a supporting role to "pass the torch."

FinleySlade and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I wouldn't mind seeing Denzel Washington as the old Jedi mentor of a new group of main characters (if this is what they end up doing).

Air Jedi likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Never mind the whole you will be slowly digested over a thousand years part....

8. FloydB1Kenobi

FloydB1Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    So you want "Remember the Jedi"? I don't think it would work, I respect the actor, but if you want an old Jedi mentor it should only be left to Luke or Leia... preferably Luke, the rest should be fairly young in comparison and the oldest being in their late 30's early 40's who still look to Luke as the ol' wise wizard

9. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I like DW. Do you think they'll go with some Big name A list actors beside Ford (if he comes back)???

I'm not sure they will.

10. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    How bout this. We never saw that Mace Windu was dead, its just assumed. I'd imagine if he survived he'd have a major beef with Anakin/the Skywalker's in general. How cool would it be to see a hooded dark jedi reveal himself at the end of Ep 7 to be a hidiously scarred Windu with his own agenda

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe Dave Franco, he isn't very known at all

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't see why. If Mark is going to portray Luke, then the movie will be some decades later after RotJ and therefore Luke won't be the only old Jedi that exists. He would have a similar role to Yoda in the prequels. Leading the Jedi Order.

If they are going for "unknown" actors, they need someone with experience to hold the cast together (see Liam Neeson and Alec Guinness).

13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Good point, but I'm thinking that the Big 3 return in which case they anchor it as the returning legacy characters passing on the torch,

Cousre, anything is possible at this point. The whole movie might be populated by A listers.

14. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes, people are saying that. See CT post above as the latest in a long line of horrid statements.

15. FloydB1Kenobi

FloydB1Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Fair Enough

16. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I said it before... Get Noomi Rapace as Asajj Ventress. She survives the Clone Wars, is well known by the younger fans and most of the older ones and she is Badass. Noomi certainly looks the part. Lucas always wanted a female villain, even Maul was conceived as a female at first. She is not Sith, but hates the Jedi as much as the Sith. She could be the evil Mastermind of the new trilogy.

17. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Yes, agree with this choice big time!

18. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Now THIS would be preety awesome though Lucas says he died, sadly. Then again, things could change & well, I would rather enjoy seeing the BMF himself once again.

19. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    still a far way for him to fall though, plus, you have to take into account he was just electrocuted, and going out the window you still see the lightning flash round him for a bit.

Also, i like your name.:D

20. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    i am from NZ home of Tem...but he cant act for ****. he's just finished a b grade horror nz movie so he might be willing to do it for a free lunch or a moro bar ...but the dude is fat old and bald. Daniel logan would be a beteer choice

21. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    yes small boobs ...but her boobs would not have much of a speaking part....lol

22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    lol should be fine large boobs get in the way of fighting anyway.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I assume they've already signed Sean Bean to the project!!!

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    If they keep the idea of the twins - Jensen Ackles and Erica Durance.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  25. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    One of the only EU characters I have interest in seeing: Mara Jade.

Anyone want to remember an old quote by Gillian Anderson? (Slightly paraphrased) "I'd like to be 'Mother of all Jedi'."

Ryus likes this.