main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Jaina Solo seems to be a melange of Natalie Portman and Carrie Fisher. So, whoever looks like that. Depending on the age of the characters, Rose Byrne or Keira Knightley would work wonders with the role.

Qui_Za_Miokl likes this.
  2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I think Keira Knightly. She played the fake Padme in EP I.

Ralph Fiennes as Thrawn, Diane Kruger as Daala

3. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Why people would want post ROTJ story to become movies. It got problems such as recast and explanation if you want to jump through events.

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Right. Keira's already got that SW connection and she looks alot like Portman. Then again, she's got her franchise ya-ya's out with POTC, so it's probably a fanboy dream!

Fiennes would be an excellent choice for any heavy role.

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'd like to see a mostly unknown cast, maybe with one or two older established actors.

6. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I think they will follow the Marvel template again - pick actors who aren't yet massive, tie them in and make them stars.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be a good addition.
    And of course a host of aged classical British thesps.

Also, Hugo Weaving would make an amazing Moff wouldn't he?

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm not a huge fan of using unknowns, but I would like to see more people from the fringe who don't typically make the headlines being included.

8. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Or Grand Admiral Thrawn

zarkinfrood and Darth_Invidious like this.
  9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    How is my cast of the Great Sith War and KOTOR2?

10. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I highly doubt we will see Thrawn. If Lucas wrote the treatment they go off, my guess is he won't want to use EU ideas.

Ron Perlman would fit nicely in the SW universe.

11. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Why do I think for some reason one of the Hemsworth boys is gonna be involved? It wouldn't be surprising...

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    *crosses fingers for members of N'Sync*

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  13. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    They should cast me. :p

[/shamelessplug]

Qui_Za_Miokl likes this.
  14. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Chris Hemsworth would be good, he's en route to becoming a major star and has an existing relationship with Disney. Haven't seen enough of his brother.

15. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    I imagine most every major Marvel actor is off the table for the next few years, though that would depend on the filming schedules, of course.

16. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Liam is in the Hunger Games and that new expendables, but they both are major Hollywood faves, so any type of actiony role they might take more than likely.

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    On a more serious note, David Tennant should Kind Hearts and Coronets it and play all the roles.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  18. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Unknowns or character actors. The risk for big names is too great that they cannot play another role or you just know them as that role no matter what.

Harrison Ford is a big name who can play different roles very effectively. You can watch him and not think, "Han Solo is sitting in an interrogation room as Chicago police detectives imply to him that he killed his own wife" (if you don't know to what I'm referring, watch The Fugitive, one of Ford's best roles). When I see that scene I think, "Dr. Richard Kimble," not "Han Solo" or "Harrison Ford." Ford is excellent at becoming different characters.

Conversely, Mark Wahlberg is not. Wahlberg plays, like, one role. And he does it poorly oftentimes (though not always).

With unknowns or character actors, you don't really have the risk that their other roles or their own personalities invade the screen too much and drown out the character they're supposed to be playing. Alfred Molina or William H. Macy are great character actors. Combined, they've played hundreds of roles, but there is not one role for either that comes to mind immediately when I think of them. They are just so great at falling into their role and becoming the character on the screen. No matter what kind of movie it is or what kind of character they play, they just become the role and you don't notice it's them on the screen.

19. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Arthur Darvill should be in Star Wars.

[​IMG]

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

I'd substitute Tennent for Cumberbatch and throw in Nathan Fillion. And since Qui-Gon will be in it there's Liam [face_love]. I'd also like to add Anthony Head for an awesome nerdgasm.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Why does one have to have either Tennant or Cumberbatch? Why can't we just have both? :p

22. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I know Star Wars has a knack for casting unknowns so far, but for this fresh, new trilogy, I'd like to see them spend the money on established names. Try something different, you know? JGL, Fillion, Cumberbatch, McKellan, Tennant, either Hemsworth... go ahead, I say! Just go stir crazy. But for the love of all that is good and green, do not cast any of the unholy trinity of Stewart, Pattinson, or Lautner.

KSennia, Jobertus and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  23. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I think we can all agree on that.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well the OT had a number of established name actors like Sir Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing. And the PT had Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor. I think as long as there are some pretty unknown actors mixed in as well, it behooves the films to have some more established ones. Not A-list Hollywood stars.... the tradition seems to favorite British Isles actors who might not be as well known in the US even if they're more famous in the UK.

To which I say... David Tennant ;)

25. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Well, I say.... PETER DINKLAGE!