main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013

I'll be singing "You all Everybody!" all the way through the movie.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  2. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

But to be far the EU hasn't given Disney any reason to pay attention to it.

3. Star Wars fan94

Star Wars fan94 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 13, 2013
    I don't just want to see actors and actresses that people recognize, I want to see new actors and actresses get to be in this movie.

4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010

I think more important I see some people saying he might be up for the "intellectual' role - does anyone see him as an intellectual type? Seems more like a sweet lovable lunk than a deep thinker. I think they need to cast the net wider rather than only casting actors primarily known for genre roles.

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Wouldn't mind seeing him in SW, but I'd rather have a talented unkown among the new mains.

6. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Ha, funny Dominic Monaghan came up... because I've been rewatching Lost and realized how completely amazing Alan Dale would be as an Imperial officer. Considering his connections to JJ and Lucasfilm (because of Indiana Jones 4), I'd say it's actually possible.

yggdrasil311 and Jedirush2112 like this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wait, Dominic Monaghan wasn't in Indy 4. :confused:

8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Read the post you quoted... Alan Dale...

9. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

Readum again... I've bolded something to aid you in your quest. :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah, I gotcha now. My fault for not reading your post right. My apologies.

PraenomenCognomen likes this.
  11. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I see him more of a C3PO kind of role.

12. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

Ha, again, I think my post was unclear: I was just commenting on the coincidence that a Lost alum was being discussed when I came over here to mention that Alan Dale (Charles Widmore) would make a good Imperial officer, not Dominic Monaghan.

Wait, did you mean you thought Alan Dale would be a 3PO sort? Hmm... I guess I'd just think that would be a waste of a great villain. [face_thinking]

13. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    I really hope Monaghan is not in it, I am seriously worries by some of the casting suggestion, this is Star Wars. Jesus. Up the ante a bit here!!

14. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    After reading through all the casting suggestions and speculations, I really wish Ep VII was animated. There's no actor or actress I have seen so far I would fancy to be in a Star Wars movie ... perhaps except Dolph Lundgren and Dwayne Johnson. As far as I'm concerned, they could be in every movie and I wouldn't complain.

15. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

Maybe your staff is too long, Belloq... cuz, yunno... you're digging in the wrong place.

JJ knows how to cast lesser-known actors to fit specific roles. Most fans only really know to suggest people who are famous, or who they already know and like from something else. I think most people don't consider the possibility that this is where they'll discover someone new they like. The fan speculation bums me out too, because I tend to get excited about smaller character actors and pretty much always think the average fan casting ideas are often pretty awful... they're based on whatever's popular.

But then again, you're pro-Dolph Lundgren and Dwayne Johnson, sooo maybe I'm talking to the wrong person... :p

I think it's pretty crucial that rebellion members have roughly American accents like they did in the OT, which is why I wouldn't think of Monaghan as someone who would fit in so well.

16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Dwayne Johnson. The man oozes charisma.

I'd love it.

VMeran and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  17. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004

I concur 100%. He'd make a great Imperial Officer, like Piett.

Oh, and how about Hurley as "Tango" Porkins, Jr.?????????

[​IMG]

He was trying to rewrite Star Wars, back in the 70s, when they were in the 70s. In the show.

Yea.

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Correction, he was trying to rewrite The Empire Strikes Back. And doing it in a typical "fanboy" way. They didn't go too deep into the 'rewrite', but I seem to recall it shaping up into something like a tame version of Patton Oswalt's "Parks & Rec" Episode VII filibuster. And by "tame" I pretty much mean "he didn't have X-Men & Avengers in it".

19. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    , No, you're not. As long as the movies aren't animated, I'm all in favor of unknown actors for SW - actors who will never get rid of the SW stigma for the rest of their lives, either being type-cast or not getting cast at all.
    But I still have this dream of a movie other than The Expendables bringing my favorite action movie actors together ... perhaps as senate backbenchers or something. And each cameo will spawn a comic book or novel.

20. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    oh god, like Ewan Mcgregor, Nathalie Portman, Harrison Ford, Samuel L. Jackson, Liam Neeson, Peter Cushing, Alec Guiness.

Mark Hamill did all right as well......I prefer Mark Hamill's career to someone like John Travolta (yes, even with Pulp Fiction)....

21. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    All these people had an acting life before SW. I'd rather see new, fresh, unused actors in Ep VII. Plus the above mentioned senate backbenchers ^^.

22. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    well you said "actors who will never get rid of the SW stigma for the rest of their lives".

There's no SW stigma.

Only a few make it big, that's the main reason why some do not have Harrison Ford's kind of career.

I'm pretty sure that a lof of actors from the past 20 years would die to have Mark Hamill's post-SW career.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Dominic Monaghan would be cool. I like Billy Boyd better, but he'll always be Barret Bonden to me. :)

Sarge likes this.
  24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    While I love Merry and my entire LOTR cast, IDK....to me the only LOTR actor I would approve of being in Star Wars is Viggo Mortenson because I love him and I miss him *I havn't seen him in anything lately and dammit...I miss Aragorn*. Plus he's a certifiable bad ass

Such a bad ass. Coarse I dont know who he would be *Jedi, sith, imperial, IDK. Can he just be "Space Aragorn"?. Heck if he was the villain I would honestly say...he is one of the few actors IMO who are worthy to kill Luke. Think about it...Aragorn vs Luke Skywalker. Thats awesome! :D

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree... Aragorn was a badass, and I would also like to see Viggo Mortenson in the ST.

Darth Claire likes this.