main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Not to change the very important subject of Chewie having grey fur, but how about this D23 thing? Since this is the casting thread, are we finally going to get definitive casting info? What do we know/think here? Is 8/9/13 going to be an informative day for SW fans, or is that a hoax?

2. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    not much into rumours....I like facts and direct quotes...but I have a friend that work on movie sets (lighting department) and he made a lot of friends over the years.

He has heard that Ellen Page might be in Episode 7.

Not telling you that it will happen....but he heard some good rumblings that she's up for one of the role..... she is at least considered for something.

Take it with a grain of salt, as always.

my kind of scum likes this.
  3. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    unless they make her quite a bit younger than her actual age (which could be possible), Ellen Page doesn't really fit any of the casting call ages.

Toonimator likes this.
  4. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    from what he told me....talks went beyond the usual "let's talk to her agent and set up a meeting to feel her out"

5. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I would be very happy with that. In my opinion, she's an excellent actress with a good range. She could still easily pull off a younger role as well since she doesn't really look her age.

Immortiss likes this.
  6. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    like I said, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Is she a good choice ? She's not very tall.....so I can't see her as the main lead......she lack the commanding presence needed for the lead...

Honeslty, I dont think she's the best choice out there....but one thing JJ is very good at is casting a movie.

We'll see...

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    How about Richard Armitage? He had a cameo in TPM.

8. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, to be fair, she doe fit the description "Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humour, also… physically fit."

She can pass physically for someone in their late teens early twenties. She has been known to have a witty personality/presence seen in a movie like "juno." She is physically fit, although not physically overpowering. Then again, she doesn't really have to be. If she is playing some sort of Jedi character, a Jedi is not defined by their physical prowess. So, I don't see that being a major obstacle.

I think the only thing going against this rumor is that even though she can pass for a late teenager: These movies are going to span a decade, and being 26 vs 34 or 35 when they shoot the final film; they may not want someone who could age dramatically by the end of the trilogy.

Not to mention, Ellen page is kinda of a known commodity. She isn't exactly an unknown....

She certainly has more exposure than Natalie Portman did when she was cast for the prequels.

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I guess it'd depend on whether there are any time-jumps between the episodes... the OT had 3 years between ANH & ESB, 1 year between ESB & ROTJ, but the PT had 10 years between the first two, 3 years between II & III. If Ellen could still pass for "late-teens" now, but EpIX is set ~10 years after EpVII and shot in 2018 for a 2019 release, that's not too bad--she'd be early-30s playing somewhere between late-20s to her actual age.

10. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Matthew Lillard is someone who I'd really enjoy seeing in a Star Wars movie. Now, I'm unsure as to his popularity-as I don't know if he fits into the "relative unknown" actor role-but I do think that he is tremendously underrated, and as such he is probably viewed as unknown (Joseph-Gordon Levitt was viewed as a nominee for best new actor in recent years, even though he technically had been performing for years, so Matthew Lillard might fall into that category, I'm not sure)

Lillard always delivers zany, high energy performances, and I think he'd be great in any role, from a comic relief Jar-Jar Binks type of personality, to a Darth Sidious Sith Lord type character, as well as a Hondo Ohnaka type who falls somewhere in between the two.

Here's photos of just two of his previous films, Hackers and In the Name of the King. He really gets invested in his roles, similar to Johnny Depp, Gary Oldman, etc. Some of his other film credits include 13 Ghosts and Scooby Doo.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I cannot stand Matthew Lillard.

FinleySlade and my kind of scum like this.
  12. Randwulf Crescentmoon

May 25, 2013
    Seriously? He's one of my favorite actors. He reminds me of Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow performances, as he always adds fun little nuances to his characters. That's just my opinion, anyway.

13. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I do think that the guy who played Dracula in Blade 3 would be a good Sith.

[​IMG]

I also think that it would be awesome for Ray Park to get a role with face time.

And Nick Frost might be some good comedy relief.

14. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    I am not speaking of his skills. I just don't like him. I could deal with it if he was cast though. I am easy like that.

15. Randwulf Crescentmoon

May 25, 2013
    Oh, I thought you meant his acting ability. I really don't know all that much about how he acts in real life, aside from what I've seen of him on shows like Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, but he seems like he's genuinely a nice person...dunno, but I see what you're saying.

By the way, this just in from Lillard's agent, your comment just cost him another job [face_shame_on_you] On the plus side, now he's free to do Star Wars.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Here, this could be revealing:
    Mark Hamill revealed that he is excited for the upcoming "Star Wars Episode VII."
    During Comic-Con the actor caught up with the Hollywood Reporter where he spoke about the upcoming film and praised writer Michael Arndt. He said, "We want this to happen. How could I not take this ride? They're making all the right moves, like Michael Arndt as the writer. 'Little Miss Sunshine,' 'Toy Story 3' -- he writes humor and he writes heart. I'm not someone who looks to recapture the glory of when I was in my 20s. I think it'll probably be about the next generation. We'll be the link to the past, but the kids will be doing the heavy lifting. And the Wookiee will have a walker."

http://www.latinospost.com/articles...s-update-mark-hamill-expresses-excitement.htm

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That announcement is coming soon I can feel it! Seven days 'til CEII. I can't wait. :D

StoneRiver and Lee_ like this.
  18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Same here. You think it will just be the Big 3, or additional casting that they will announce?

Edit: A lot of media are saying the announcements will come at D23 on 8/9/13

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I sincerely hope that between CEII and D23 that we get additional information, aside from the Big 3 announcements. If we only get them, I'll be happy, but left wanting.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    My thought is that they will have a few other cast members to announce and that's why they have waited so long to make the announcement of the Big 3 when it was so painfully obvious that they were returning. That's my hope anyway. :D

21. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    ::claps and rubs hands together:: Can't wait for the inevitable outrage and debate any and all such announcements will yield.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    True and I think we will get some news at D23. I think an official release date is likely and maybe even a title. I know the title is usually released later but the other Episodes were always released in three year intervals and now it's two so I don't know much Disney will stick to the established traditions. Man I'm getting really excited for these upcoming conventions. :D

23. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    If Harrison Ford is announced for the SW Celebration in Germany, then they will announce the casting of the big 3. Carrie and Mark are already confirmed for this event.

Big 3 announcement or not, I'm pretty sure that the SW Celebration will deliver.

You have Chiang and Mcgraig there, so questions about the ST will be asked.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Revenge of the Dak likes this.
  25. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    How is that vindication? Could just be one of those...whaddoya call 'em? Oh, right...jokes. "Wookiee will have a walker", cuz Mayhew needs a cane to get around.