main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    FORESHADOWING! ;)

Dranem and Blue_Jedi33 like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Just remember that no matter who they cast, no one will ever top the original Star Wars piece of ***!

[​IMG]

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That movie looks terrible, but I must say that the choreography and performance looked alright.

4. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Whoever they cast I hope at some point in the next 3 episodes they end up on Bespin and Lando has a hot daughter that he is constantly trying to protect from guys always hitting on her. Maybe the Solo kid grabs her hand and kisses it, mumbling something about how she "...truly belongs here, among the clouds". See how Lando likes it...

5. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Speaking of Lando's daughter, what about Tessa Thompson (from BBC America's Copper) for the role?

Graphic likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It's not simply because they're former Disney actors. It's because three fourths of them can't even act. Used to be, actors could sing, dance, tell jokes, and act in the same 30-minute episodes. Now, the actors can't even act in a 30-minute episode! :rolleyes:

7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Probably a lot of actors, and actresses are going to read for the roles, and they only have a month, or two to find main, and supporting casts.
    They will need time to get in shape, be trained in fencing, and running, and if they have to do any acrobatics, as well as learning the scripts.
    Plus they have to see if the performers have chemistry together., not just with the other main characters, but with the supporting cast, any skywalker kids have to be compatible with Mark Hamill, any Solo kids with Fisher, and Ford.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm still hearing the big 3 were originally going to be announced today. May have been pushed to D23.

9. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, they may do that tomorrow or wait for D23. I doubt we will hear about any casting of the main leads. I am willing to bet they are deep in the middle of that process right now...

10. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Where did you hear that?

11. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Someone who has been on the money before.

12. DarthVerm

DarthVerm Jedi Master

Feb 1, 2013
    Oh no. CGI main villain!

13. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Huh?

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We still have the closing ceremonies for an announcement. I still say they wouldn't let the opportunity to have the entire spotlight on them at CEII go to waste. [face_praying]

15. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    I agree, I think Luke, Han, Leia are getting confirmed at the end of it. Otherwise, I see no reason to wheel out both Fisher, and Hammil for Celebration. Ford, obviously, can be done via video...

Graphic and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    While I agree, it could be that Disney have pulled rank and want the big fanfare at their main event I guess. The Williams news, while fantastic, does seem to be a bit of damp squib compared to the buzz they'd generate by announcing the cast.

Krueger likes this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, I was expecting something more solid today. The Williams news is good to hear, but I think we all knew he was at least scoring Episode 7 already.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm not entirely sure how confident I am about an announcement at the closing ceremonies. I mean, I guess it could happen, but those are generally reserved for the big reveal about the when and where the next Celebration will take place. At this point, I think we're better off just waiting to see what D23 reveals.

But hey, if I'm proven wrong, I'll take that! :p

Keep in mind that Hamill and Fisher have been regular guests at Celebration since the first Celebration Europe in 2007. It isn't out of the ordinary to have them at the CE:II. As for Ford, it'll probably be easier to get him to attend a convention in Anaheim than it would in Germany. Could that possibly have some bearing on the decision to postpone it? I'll certainly take waiting a few more weeks if he will be there in person and have all three of them there rather than only seeing two of the three.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  19. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, to be fair, we already know that the "big three" are going to be in it as well. Confirmation isn't exactly "earth shattering" news. Main leads is where that stuff starts to go a bit crazy. I don't think we will get that announcement for a few weeks to month or two. Plot details probably don't even start seriously leaking until next year.

20. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    The worst part of that video is that someone accidentally used the word "hilarious" when they uploaded it.

More on topic, I don't expect to hear much from the closing ceremonies other than when the next celebration is. I was expecting something out of CE2, but it looks like We're waiting until at least D23.

21. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Well apparently Ian McDarmid said earlier at CEII that the cast announcement was sometime soon and also stated there would be some "suprising additions."

I don't have the source, someone else posted this on another thread.

22. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Sounds great

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

newdawn12 likes this.
  23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, I am willing to shun Episode 7 for obvious and blatant vacuous casting choices solely in order to lure in the tweenie female group 12- 17; To unabashedly take advantage of the Twilight/Hunger Games drama Queen & Drama King set.

If that's the audience they are now targeting, let them. I'll watch it on DVD and then decide if I want to support Mickey Wars. I've said it long ago that I will not support a Bieber, Gomez, Effron, Gossling, Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Shia Lebouf mentality to my all-time favorite movie saga. If you, and others can stomach it, good for you. Disney will be making a HUGE mistake.

Immortiss likes this.
  24. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    That would be awesome! Starv Wars would become the biggest disaster ever!

25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah -- this is the point. The rumor supporters clearly are the superficial ones who don't get it. Gossling and Effron aren't good actors. Why would we want them in SW. After all the flack GL took for the acting in the PT and now we should have the most superficial "fadtors" mucking up the PT. LOL