main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    They played with idea of Deckards lack of humanity all through out the film. Rachel even saids "have you ever tried the Voight Kamphf test on yourself?" But, the screenplay was never about a literal interpretation that Deckard was a replicant. Deckard was a replicant in terms of his soul. The job of a Blade Runner had robbed any sense of his human self....

Scott, stupidly, thought it was a great idea to be "on the nose."

Sarge, krtmd and Darth_Pevra like this.
  2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    I concur, she is one the most overblown actresses today...

HegoDamask, Mange and Darth_Pevra like this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    That's exactly how I feel about Deckard. He has worked so long on this cases that he is basically a machine now, more-so than his targets. The questions this raises about what makes a human a human can't exist when he is a replicant himself.

krtmd likes this.
  4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
  5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm calling BS on that Garfield rumor. It seems like every rumor is just another "This incredibly popular and overexposed pretty boy is in talks".

Vthuil likes this.
  6. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    While I agree, could he fit the intellectual role from the casting breakdown?

7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Its not even a rumor, just complete speculation from "Whatculture."

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Ha! LOL I should watch more movies -- I already average about 5 per week. (Don't have cable.) Between the library, my own collection, going to, and WORK I barely have enough time for more than 5 or 6.

However, it matters not. I've seen enough of Gosling to know that Idon't like him. I've seen enough of Shia Lebouf to say the same thing. But that's the beauty -- I don't have to like him. People on the board don't have to like or "give anyone a chance" moreso than they've already had. I've seen Gosling. Not impressed. I can see why girls think he anfd Effron are cute though. I don't want SW cast for cute.

Admittedly I have seen less of Effron, although my nieces watch Disney Channel ALL THE TIME so I'm more than aware of him as well. Again, NOT impressed.

I can only speak for myself, but when I say that I don't like those casting rumors, I don't like them and I don't need to give anyone a chance. What makes me angry about those rumors, especially if they turn out to be true, is that it will have proven that I was a sucker -- A SUCKER to believe that Disney really intended to reinvigorate the SW franchise. I had always given them the benefit of the doubt thus far against the "nay-sayers." BUT IF they choose to cast in this fashion -- fad choices that appeal primarily to the tweenies -- then Disney is essentially saying, "We are changing the target demographic to the Twilight/Hunger Games set." I think that is an absolutekly fair assessment And I will have been absolutely fooled.

Jedirush2112 likes this.