main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official EU sources with new/original music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Guy-Gone_Weird, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    One thing I love just as much as John Williams' scores for the saga are the additional music in the expanded universe.

Just out of curiosity, what are all the officially licensed Star Wars sources that contain brand new Star Wars music?

Off the top of my head:
    • Star Wars Radio Dramas
    • Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell
    • The Further Adventures/Read-Along Books
    • The Holiday Special
    • Droids
    • Ewoks
    • The Ewok Adventures
    • Shadows of the Empire Soundtrack
    • Clone Wars microseries
    • The Clone Wars film & series
    • Dark Forces
    • TIE Fighter
    • Rogue Squadron game trilogy
    • Republic Commando
    • Bounty Hunter
    • The Force Unleashed 1 & 2
    • KotoR 1 & 2
    • The Old Republic
    • Star Tours
    • Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

I also have a very very vague recollection that some of the Star Wars audiobooks had non-Star Wars music - maybe it was for the Yuuzhan Vong? I do remember the Shadows of the Empire audiobook used music from the SOTE soundtrack for Xizor.

Also, which, if any of these have been made available?

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I know for a fact that SW:TOR has a few tracks available from the soundtrack on their website.
    RepComm was previously available (site is taken down now), and KotoR has been put up on YouTube. (KotoR was posted on a SW-related site, but it's since been taken down as well.)
    Most of the games are probably found on YouTube (as most SW games had their soundtracks up on their respective websites, AFAIK), but I will have to search to see if I can find any of them on a reputable site.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars has a soundtrack here on Kevin Kiner's website.

I'll look into the rest for you. :)

Guy-Gone_Weird likes this.
  3. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Awesome, thanks! Maybe we can get a comprehensive list going. I've been doing a little research and here's what I've found so far:

It looks like some of the games like The Force Unleashed 1 & 2 got promo CD releases directly from the composer. Shadows of the Empire and The Clone Wars film both have official CD releases.

The Ewok Adventures got a vinyl soundtrack release and later a bootleg CD of that vinyl. I've seen that some of the Star Tours music has been released on various Disneyland & Walt Disney World soundtracks. The Michael Giacchino music from Star Tours: The Adventures Continue also looks to have been leaked online via YouTube:

I do know that TOR essentially released 2 soundtracks - one is a physical CD that came with the Collector's Edition, and the other is basically a bunch of tracks they uploaded to their YouTube page leading up to the launch of the game (same ones you linked on their site, none of which are on the CD).

Also, YouTube user FishfilmInc has ripped the additional music from the first Star Wars Radio Drama:

While I imagine the Holiday Special may be too low quality to rip the music from, maybe someone could rip the music from the animated Boba Fett segment since it was released in high quality in the Saga Blu Ray set.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  4. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Man, the Rogue Squadron soundtrack was my favorite as a kid. The new Star Wars films hadn't been released yet and I always thought the newer Star Wars films would have the quieter, almost serene music that these games had. I never really cared for Williams's action pieces as a kid, so I enjoyed that soundtrack immensely. Going back and listening to it, it's still great. That's why I'll always appreciate non-film Star Wars music.