main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Official Events: DECEMBER

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Slan all. I miss you... :)

Nothing happened in Novemeber, no matter how hard we tried, or thought about trying. Oh well. :)

Some things to think about this month are:

Return of the King movie outing: it opens midnight on Dec 16, Rani has tickets for the noon showing the next day: anyone wanna come to that with her?

Paintball In celebration of Randy's return, there was some interest in this. As it happens, TNT has a special on: five people, all inclusive for $80 plus taxes... hard to beat that price: so sign up, pick a date and let's *do* it!

Yule: for those of the Base who are in the SCA: there's an event on December 13. It could prove a great time to get together and hang out, albeit dressed strangely. :)

Holiday Happenings: As Gesh said, 'tis the season, so what all are you up to? What do you want to do with the Base? Any body up for a little holiday party?

Post here and let us know!

Chat soon,

*Derisa*

2. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I am back in Vernon with family from the 23rd to the 28th. Me and C-4 will be going to one of the evening shows for ROTK. We are also planning to catch Kill Bill and Mystic River at the Roxy next wednesday. The show starts at 7:15 for anyone who would care to join us.

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Next Wednesday being the 9th or the 16th, Alakin?

I can arrange childcare for this week, but next Wednesday is my kids' school Christmas production, Survivor Santa, so I'm booked for that evening.

So which is it, so I can say one way or the other. :)

*Derisa*

4. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    The 10th...this coming wednesday to clarify things.

5. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Ok, Kill Bill starts tonight at 7:15. If you are going to be joining us, PM or call me so we know to wait for you. Hope to see some of you there.

6. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    Two very cool movies!!

didnt see anyone...but it was kinda dark in there :p

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Didn't make it to the flims, dammit. :(

However, that special deal at TNT is calling my name. I'd *love to take them up on their offer, but I can't do it alone.

I need four more folks to come with me, at a share of $16 a person, plus a firm date and time.

C'mon guys, one big shoot-em-up ala Hoth to celebrate Yule or ring in the New Year... whaddaya say? I'd like any day after Boxing Day, as Padawan Kelson will be joining me for that week.

*Derisa*

8. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm in.

If no one else shows up, it'll be me and Derisa eating 2 lunches each and unloading 250 paintballs on each other in a winner-take-all paintball Thunderdome. Two enter, one leaves!

Then after I defeat Derisa I get to spin the wheel and get banished in the desert without water or even a decent cup of coffee.

Will no one stop this madness and join us for a measly $16?

- Rani

9. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    When?

Gesh

10. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Derisa's going to phone the paintball place and find out what dates are available, as well as a few other details (like whether we can have more than 5 people at $16 each), and then post them here. We can pick a date then.

I believe the advertisement was for an *indoor* session, if that's what's holding some people back from wanting to do this...

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.