main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Official Expanded Universe Discussion Thread~~ Current Topic: Backlashes against EU characters

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by BultarSwan, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    I do have to agree, Han probably would've left if Leia hooked up with Luke rahter than him. However, it all depends on when it occurred to see what the damage would be. Right now everyone's going from ANH. What about from RotJ on? It would've had serious represucssion for the EU. No General Solo leading the anti-Zsinj taskforce. Do you know another other flag officer who would've worked with Rogriss? Hell, Zinj might've been able to hold off both the Imp Remmnant and the Republic until Thrawn's return, and probably would'b led the the destruction of the Republic entirely, even before El Clono showed up.

In short: We need the smuggler. Force Users have their place, but never overlook the guy who gets by on skill, tallent and gold ol' fashioned luck. ;0

2. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    In short: We need the smuggler. Force Users have their place, but never overlook the guy who gets by on skill, tallent and gold ol' fashioned luck.

Very true, but what about good looks also? :p

Btw, Han would never admit to having luck.

3. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

4. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Alright, since i havent recieved any topics for discussion, i've created my own.

What if Jacen had never gotten hooked up with Danni Quee, do you think things would have progressed further with Tenel Ka?

Thoughts?

5. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    It's not Monday, you can't change it yet! :p

Honestly, though, I think you can argue this topic either way. My personal feeling is that the stars just weren't lined up correctly for poor Jacen and Tenel Ka, much as I wish it were different. When Tenel Ka was ogling him, Jacen was never paying attention, and then Tenel Ka went and got crowned Queen Mother and didn't have time.

I actually think more blame lies with Ta'a Chume than with Danni. If it weren't for her, Tenel Ka wouldn't have the huge obligation of ruling the Hapes Cluster on her shoulders and might still have time for Jacen. That's what irreparably damaged the relationship as far as I see it. Crushes come and go, after all. If Tenel Ka had just sat Jacen down and talked about her feelings for him, Jacen would have thrown Danni out the window in a heartbeat. I never saw her a real threat. Having to rule Hapes, though-- that's a huge threat to any relationship.

6. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Good point NP, but you forgot to change the title. :p

7. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    I was working on it when my internet died. :(

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Jacen is gonna be like Luke. He's gonna date a lot of girls and then comes the adventure with Tenal Ka that causes him to land on top of her in an unromantic way that leads to a romantic relationship once more. Being Queen of Hapes will not stop Tenal Ka from getting her man ;)

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Tenel Ka and Jacen are meant to be.

It's as simple as that.

However, I shall elaborate.

He cut off her arm in Lightsabers, yet she still loves him. He always made a point to be around her. They were each other's first kiss. Jacen's 'death' in Dark Journey was what finally shattered Tenel Ka's veneer of grimness.

They almost kissed in SBS if it wasn't for...that *Striker chokes back a scream* that stupid Vergere. He thought of her during Traitor.

The ruling of Hapes shall not be an obstacle to this generation's Leia and Han. They shall reunite and become husband and wife.

I have foreseen it...and if I was buyng anymore SW books after the Episode III novel, I'd read it too.

10. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I think Tenel Ka and Jacen have a better chance of a relationship then Danni and Jacen, mainly because Denning is writing 6 out of the next 12 post-NJO novels. He seemed pretty pro- those two being together.

11. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    Well at the very least, Vergere won't be in the way if they try to kiss this time. :p

That's another little somehting that bugged me about SbS. Let the 'doomed' guy have his last Kiss. Han and Leia had their's in ESB. Luke and Mara had theirs. Give the kid his kiss, dangit!

Yes, I'm a J/TK fan. Even now I think they would balance each other well. Especially since Tenel Ka's duties have her very grounded, maybe she can reel Jacen's head out of the clouds.

12. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Alright people, as an announcment, i am asking if anyone wants to PM me ideas for discussion. If there isn't any sent to my PM box, you will have to feel the wrath of myself comming up with topics. :p

Now don't get me wrong, i like comming up with my own topics, im just not sure if everyone else will like them, being a biased imperial fan. :p

13. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    Jacen is gonna be like Luke. He's gonna date a lot of girls and then comes the adventure with Tenal Ka that causes him to land on top of her in an unromantic way that leads to a romantic relationship once more. Being Queen of Hapes will not stop Tenal Ka from getting her man.

I'll second that notion. If Han can be with Leia as she rules the NR, Jacen and Tenel Ka can make it work.

All I have to say is that Danni is a hussie and I have always been and always will be an advocate of Jacen and Tenel Ka.

14. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Hi, I am new to this thread, but I would like to throw in my two-cents, if you do not mind.

I often wondered if Jacen still harbors an overwhelming feeling of guilt for accidently cutting off Tenel Ka's arm. I know that he is aware that she does not blame him, but it still must be a horrible burden to carry. Every time he sees her he is reminded of what happened.

Personally, I think Jacen is a much better match with Tenel Ka than Danni. Perhaps if Tenel Ka finally gave in and got a robotic arm then things might improve between the two. I know Jacen is not so shallow as to be turned off by a one-armed woman, but this way Jacen might be able to forget, at least for a while, what happened on that fateful day during lightsaber practice.

Of course, this is simply conjecture on my part.

AG88
    [face_peace]

15. Guildenstern

Guildenstern Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2002
    Danni

I prefer blondes, and I think Jacen does too. ;)

16. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Point taken.

NEXT!

17. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Jacen and Tenel Ka just need to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk. I think that would solve everything and they could deal with all the issues everyone has pointed out.

18. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    "Ow, why'd you cut off my arm?!"

"Cause i love you"

"Will it grow back!?!"

"Umm.....Yes."

19. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    All that I know about Tenel Ka and Jacen's history together comes from reading the NJO saga, but my gut instinct tells me that Danni is yesterday's news and that a Solo is going to end up hooking up with royalty again.

[face_peace]
    :)
    [face_monkey]

20. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    Well, if Jaina and Jag get it together, lightning will have struck three times, as technically, Fel's minor mobility too. :p

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    You're missing out on a whole heck of a lot with the NJO, HanSolOKniser3. And Lank, Fel's just a pale copy of Zekk.

22. boba_aint_no_clone

boba_aint_no_clone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    Hansolokniser,

I think you are right. I could easily see Jacen ending up with Tenel Ka rather than Danni. Even though Danni was practly drooling over him in that library scene. His head was stuck in a book and the moment. Maybe when he figures out whatever he needs to figure out, he will start thinking of the ladies! Because a savior of the galaxy could probably get just about anyone he wants.

;)

23. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Because a savior of the galaxy could probably get just about anyone he wants.

How do we know Jacen is not getting it from just about anyone he wants? Maybe he is the biggest player in the galaxy, but is just good at keeping things quiet. He may have a girl in every port!

Of course, I think he had a thing for Vergere. They did live together for quite a while.

AG88

24. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    brings all new meaning to the term "bird lover." :p

25. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    That....is disturbing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.