main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Official Fan Club and Hyperspace

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey, I wanted to find out some info from everyone about the following:
    1) Who belongs to the Official Fan Club (and any associated rants)
    2) Who subscribes to the Hyperspace service at SW.com?

The main reason I ask is that I've belonged to the official FC since 96 and had to recently renew my membership. Well, I ended up missing issues #67-#69 and was told that my membership renewal was received to start at #70. That doesn't make sense to me, even though I was a couple of days beyond "the last chance" to renew. Well, Paizo screwed me over and wanted to see if I could borrow issues 67-69 from anyone...

Also, what does everyone think about the Hyperspace service? Anyone subscribe to it? Is it worth it? I'm not a subscriber, nor intend to be, but just wanted to know...

2. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    Who needs Hyperspace when it all gets posted to the Spoilers forum. [face_laugh]

3. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I subscribe to the Fan Club and probably have the issues. I'll look for them and get back to you.

SLA

4. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    I re-joined the Fan Club recently. I don't remember getting any renewal notices when the other subscription ran out, but that's okay, because when I re-subscribed I got [sarcasm] a really neat membership card and a bunch of stickers! [/sarcasm].

I enjoy the Insider*, but they can keep Hyperspace. Lucas makes enough money off me already.

*Except for the Sansweet Q & A column. It's always the same. Example:

Casual SW Fan: "I've got a collection of gum packages from Episode 1 and I never opened them to eat the gum. What are they worth?"

Sansweet: "They're worth nothing. You're an idiot."

:D

5. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I subscribe to Insider.....I haven't got my membership stuff yet though...I got my first issue (Finally!) on Monday!

6. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I sold out and joined Hyperspace. [face_laugh]

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    ARGH!! LadyAnakinSkywalker! HOW COULD YOU??!!!!

Okay, in your opinion, is it worth it? I plan on staying spoiler free this time around, being the last SW and all. I tried for episode II and failed miserably. I've already found out a few things I wished I hadn't, but oh well. I think I'll probably be avoiding the official site and any updates inside the Insider...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.