main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Official Fan Film Production Thread: "Knighthood"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Anyone got any news on whether or not the edit is done?

2. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Nah its not, my parents came up and my camera is sorta blah! but should be fine soon!

Not long to go

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
  4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    So anyway, the slightly-less-than-rough edit is finished. Basically a few tweaks here and there, and Darran took the hard drive out of his computer and handed it over to Elliot for him to work his Visual Effects Magic on it.

I've seen a couple of "TV Spots" for it, and they look pretty nice. Hopefully these'll be coming along soon, and if Elliot can whip that up in 48 hours, imagine what he'll do with a few weeks... :D

5. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm getting more and more excited about this every day :p

By the way, the novel of the script is still in the works. If Mr Director doesn't mind, I'll post it on the official website upon the official release of the movie :) Not gonna be a Lucas and release it weeks earlier to spoil the fans :p

6. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    As per elliots post on Fanfilms

-------------

Hey everyone. I'm sure at least a few of you remember months back the release of the teaser trailer for our fanfilms: Knighthood...the first Western Australian fanfilm to get past shooting

Anyhoo, the final cut has now been locked off and we will, and by we I mean I, be starting work on the VFX ASAP.
    But for now...here's a couple of short 'tv' spots.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kausty/tvspot.htm

Later down the track we'll be hosting several short bts goodies and what not

----------------------

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I have found somewhere else that has enough space for me to host the original versions of the trailer, which means that they are now uploaded and available for you to download again. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test that the downloaded files work correctly, I've just tested the links to make sure they do what they are supposed to do. If you find that the finished download doesn't work, please let me know.

Once again these files are redirected through a download tracker. If you find yourself downloading a file called DLTrack.cgi, don't panic as it should (once you have chosen where to save it) change to the .mov file that you are actually downloading.

Also, SOE: do you have any updates on how you're going with VFx for me to add to the website? Preferably without too much language :)

Same goes for anyone involved in Knighthood. If you have an update or something, let me know and I'll add it the the news section.

EDIT: Ok, so the ADSL version is currently the only one that is back up. I've just spent all day uploading it and the dialup version is now up to 26% with over an hour left to go.

--
    "Meet the avant-garde obstetrician that's turned his cast offs into art work. Umbilical cord sculpture next, on Sick, Sad World."

8. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, both the original versions of the trailer have now been uploaded. But for some reason it keeps coming up with an error message when I try and check the links. I think the bandwidth may have been exceeded or something so I'll have another check tomorrow. If the error is still happening after that, then I've just wasted an entire day uploading the damn thing.

--
    "Meet the fly-fishing pathologist who uses human organs as bait. A Liver Runs Through it, next on Sick, Sad World."

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Hey Sal, just say that colour grading and 16:9 cropping is currently underway, with minor tweaks to the cutting, and that primary CG is getting underway.

See!
    No ****ing swearing....oh wait, ****!

10. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I'd also like to say that No.2 cropping to my hair is underway, if anyone cares. :D

11. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    anyone here seen the latest 'big' fan film, Revelations? I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it's bad ... and I mean bad :p

12. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Its crap :)

oh just wanna put... most of the knighthood crew got to see pretty much the first 5minutes of knighthood last saturday at my house!! :)

Looks :p~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hahaha

It was great... ! ! ! Michael needed to watch it 50 bagillion times.. as per usual :)

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    [hansolo] Don't everybody thank me at once [/hansolo]

hehe.

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    We told you what we thought of it when you were sitting across from us :p

I still can't believe you rendered the Fox thing as well. Do we need something like that at the start? Can you (or Warwick) make up something funky for FUBAR?

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    The Fox thing was more just a gag for Michael...was never intended to be in the final copy :)
    But I might change it to 21st Cent FUBAR...also going to add in a SOEdigital logo for myself :)

16. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    21st Century FUBAR!!! do it, do it! :p

17. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I dunno about just changing the text though. It would be funky to come up with our own logo thing like that, instead of adapting someone elses. Although I know you've already got a bucketload on your plate what with TAFE and the VFx so it's probably not really a feasable thing.

18. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    yeah just concentrate on the footage for now :) any logos can be figured out if and when the time comes i guess, not a priority.

still, yeah, it would be great to have a FUBAR logo at the start :)

19. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Guys, DO NOT use the Fox logo, or any other company, especially film ones, that had nothing to do with the production.

Go look up what happened to the makers of The Dark Redemption when they used a background plate from RotJ....

20. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Good point.
    Well wer were never really going to ever release it with the FOX logo in it...was just on the DVD that I gave to Michael to give him a hard on ;)

But thanks for the heads up :)

21. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    For future reference, you can leave out anything that has you giving anyone a hard on....

22. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
  23. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    SM, what about if it was an adapted logo? Like instead of saying "20th Century Fox" it said "21st Century FUBAR" (or something similar)? Or is it just better to stay completely clear of it?

Actually, nevermind. I was just thinking of seeing if my brother can whip something up. It might give him something to do at work instead of sitting around and watching TV or whatever else he does. He's a graphic designer, so he should be able to come up with something cool. What say the rest of you?

24. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    i say we just remove everything that can effect anything to do with copyright.. leave it as traditional as possible.. then at the end we can put Soe digital etc etc in the credits.. I think thats what michael would prefer as well..

25. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    i agree, we don't want to get in trouble for using anything that seems too close to the real thing (as much as 21st Century FUBAR would be good). I think a simply FUBAR logo at the start before the opening credits would work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.