main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Official Fan Film Production Thread: "Knighthood"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Mmmph. I must've been out of my mind at that suggestion. :D :D :D

In all seriousness I did have an idea for Knighthood 2 ... just don't tell Michelle I ever mentioned it. :D

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm glad you made DID very clear in your statement. Otherwise you'd be looking for a new markell/editor/vfx.
    ;)
    No way I'm going through that again ;)

3. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    So ADR Is on for Saturday :) yay! Main cast rocking up at about 9amish .... and the rest of the speaking cast filtering through in the afternoon!..

yay getting closer to the finish! lol

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Well the primary ADR day is now over :)
    Sam got ALL her lines delivered, I got a good portion done, and all the other characters got all their stuff down.
    VERY long day, especially for Darran and I, setting it up last night and very early this morning.
    Adrian did a freaking AWSOME job as our sound engineer. Working his magic on our little 4 channel mixer (that Darran's mate lent to us due to an emergancy situation). Really happy with the hard work he did...as well as Darran who had to replace him towards the end of the session.

T'was an extremely hot day in the room today. Computers buzzing with all windows and doors closed and no use of fans or aircon. Harsh conditions but every one who had to perform managed to block it out and go for it...so did everyone else there today.

I've now got the massive library of audio to start mixing with the footage (I'm gonna pull my freakin hair out) but the end result will certainly be worth it.
    In the next few weeks we're gonna do another ADR session to wrap up the scenes for Michael and I and we'll be done and done.

WoooHooo!!!

5. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    *yawn* im still recovering from the 6.30am wake up... 4 and a bit hours sleep isnt enough for a day of ADR.. lol and my house hasnt cooled down yet.. lol

SOooo Hoto! :( but it was a good day...

Now onto Swancon :p

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    We gotta shoot some interviews. ASAP. :)

7. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    we can do em saturday? Get mike around... hrmm pity we didnt do sam the other day... wont see her again now.. yeah

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Every show has to have a mystery girl. :D

Saturday's good for me, lads...assuming Adrian's okay to come play as well; he's the only other person other than Elliot and I who needs to do his lines.

As to sound recording, I have a returning feeling of excitement about the film, which sparked when the first scenes began to roll and as the day went on. 36+ degree heat is pretty nasty to contend with, but seeing large portions of the film edited and then hearing the cast's dialogue over the top of it just was an amazing experience. I can't wait for the day the saber sounds go in, but I'm actually most happy with the scenes where there isn't running around, fighting, or CGI ships roaring from one side of the galaxy to the other. Elliot and Sam's performances are fantastic.

Highlights of the ADR day:

(1) Dan, the Invisigoth ;) , and Ron finally revealing their masterplan and reasons for demanding masks/no facial features. They were done in about five minutes flat because, unlike Milli Vanilli, they didn't have to lip-synch.

(2) Darran's plasma TV after close to ten hours of viewing footage on it. The burnt-in image did fade after a few minutes...

(3) Achieving the delicate balance between muting a laptop's fan and keeping the chips from melting into component elements.

(4) The Carbonated Rainbow of drinks in Darran's fridge, at least until around 3:00 or so.

(5) The slowest service at McDonalds in the known universe.

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    My Highlights of the Day:
    Most of which I have on video and are going on the ADR doco.

1) Getting to see a bunch of people I havn't seen for a long time. Most for over 60 months.

2) Seeing my work on a big screen with other people. I have a massive TV at home but it's not the same when you watch it alone ;)

3) Getting a second chance at your perfomances. Well, more or less, discovering we still had creative control over the film, despite the fact it was shot over a year ago. It's amazing how you can change a scene in the way you perform during ADR.

4) Cracking up laughing at my superman pose in the film....was fun trying not to laugh, and put Sam off, as she was recording her voice for the scene.

5) Laughing my arse off as Sam recorded sounds that were awfully close to those made by a women in the process of having an orgasm.

6) Having captured item: 5 on video with TWO cameras.

Yeah...good day.

10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    60 months? :p

Saint, you still want to do that audio commentary? i don't mind.

11. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Saint,

I was thinking more interviews for this saturday... not ADR...... we need the interviews for the swancon video... :) pity we didnt get any interviews with sam! but meh all i mainly want is yours anyways.. and a bit with elliot... and maybe a bit with me... so nothing too flash...

Plus im a tad broke.. lol but in a couple of weeks we can do ADR again :)

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Har, like Sam would give a serious interview ;)

13. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    hahaah good point :p

Just talked to Saint, Interviews are getting done on saturday ;) yay!

this swancon video should rock :)

Also Im on a panel for swancon.. and Saint may be as well... :)

14. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Kart: Yeah, still want to do the audio commentary, but I think we'll leave the commentaries to second-to-last in the overall process...mostly because we've still got to assemble the Mother Ship. Er, final cut. But yeah!

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah, audio commentary is WAY down the track.

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Can I possibly be a bit of a pain and listen to how I sounded (if you can hear it alright) in the filming process of it? I would really prefer to listen to both that and the ADR and possibly have a say on which gets used, if that isn't going to be too much of a hassle of course. From the vague memory I have of the filming, I think I prefer my delivery of that than how I did it for the ADR. Although the final say is up to Mr Director Sir, so whatever works for you. :)

Oh, and all the Knighthood stuff that was hosted on my webspace is down. Our account got deleted and we've reconnected under a different username so all the stuff that was uploaded got deleted with the account. There's way too much for me to upload now if Troy is working on a new one, we may as well just wait a while until that is completed. If someone can get onto Warwick to make a new site coming soon kind of image (or make it yourself), I'll put up a new page with a link to the news until the new site is up and running.

17. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Sal,

If you can just put a new site coming soon... it will be up before swancon!

Umm with the audio from the other day.. we will pick which ever one goes best with it.. so yeah.. dont worrie it will be fine :)

Anyways sleeep im buggggered

18. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, I've put up a temporary page. It just has links to the news journal (which I am just backdating with some posts from this thread) and to the guestbook.

19. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Just an update on everything....

I am proud to announce that Knighthood will have its own Panel at swancon.... Monday 6th March - 12.30! in one of the room starting with M... hehe

There will be a 20minute featurette shown, the trailer (maybe a new one) and then a Q & A session... On the Panel, are Myself, Saintheart, Shadow, and maybe our everything guy... but i am yet to ask him :)

Me and Saint are also on a panel that morning... "Starwars on Trial"

So exciting stuff.... Some of you may know how excited Saint can get, and when i told him last night, he started dancing around his house :) hahah let the fun times begin!...

20. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Yay! I hope it all kicks arse. Soup and I won't be able to make it along but you'll all have to go and watch Saint in the CotS display as well as the Knighthood stuff :)

EDIT: I just remembered that he CotS stuff is on on the Sunday though.

21. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    yeah the cots stuff is on the sunday... and the knighthood stuff is the monday

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks to Darran and Troy, the new website is up and running. Damn it looks good. Go and have a look for yourself. http://knighthood.co.nr

23. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Nice. A bit peeved that my site didn't get a link, but meh.

Looking forwards to Monday.

24. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    My guess is those links are just the ones that I had on the original site. They had been up there since the beginning and you didn't complain then. Just ask Troy/Dazza to add a link. :p

25. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I did....over a week ago ;)
    Dosn't matter though....im over it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.