main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Official Fan Film Production Thread: "Knighthood"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    troy didnt have time to add yours before he went away.. when he gets back he will..

dont stress

2. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Any updates guys? It's been months since I've added a decent update to the website (not to mention the fact that I'd love to know what's going on :)).

I think we really need to get the cast and crew together at some stage and update everyone on what's going on and where the project stands at the moment. But that's just what I think. :)

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    As it stands we don't currently have a cameras to capture the last few shots with.
    Mine more or less exploded (can't get me knew one for a while) and Darran's is out of the country for the next six months.
    I was talking to Darran last night and I think we're going to do another overnight edit to finish off (just rent a miniDV deck or camera to capture) and then dub the remaining lines.

I'm off to Ireland in less then 3 weeks so it's got to be soughted out ASAP otherwise we'll all be waiting months longer.

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Give me the details on the type of camera you need. I may be able to pull a few strings at FTI.

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    All we need is something play miniDV tapes.
    Camera quality dosn't matter as the footage has already been recorded ;)

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Hm. In that case I think I can help--Michelle's parents have a camera that plays back miniDV tapes.

I've been meaning to get you guys together for this--any chance of meeting on Saturday to finish this thing off?

7. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Not this Saturday as I've got work, which happens to be my last ever shift.
    Next weekend/weekend is your best bet at getting a hold of me. Although both Darran and I are unavailable on Sundays. He's got work and I've got the pub.

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Okay, I'll check in with the mrs. Apologies I haven't been in touch recently; it's been a hard month for trials and my other half has had me out shopping for (and installing) dishwashers and new beds. :)

9. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Cheers for that, I've put a brief update on the page.

We'll have to organise some time to meet up with everyone. Soup has odd work days at the moment and we're not sure what days he's free yet, will keep you posted.

10. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    hey all,

Sorry i dont post on the boards that often...

My dad wanted my camera to take back to PNG with him... So i grabbed it off elliot...

We can hire a camera at the FTI need be.. we get discounts its not a drama.. or michael grab michelles parents one..

As for another session of editing Ill try my best.. Ive been really busy lately.. .Ive got 3 jobs at the moment.. and its taking up way to much of my time... i only really get saturday afternoons :/

With the ADR... thats gonna be really easy.. with me working at Groove now we should be able to use there Studio after hours.. and finish it off.. :p Just need someone to bring a relativly quiet laptop to play back the footage! its setup for 2 microphones, has Cool Edit, and a rather decent mixer as well..

Elliot if you can get that editing done somehow that would be awesome, as much as i would love to have an editing day at my place i really dont think im gonna have the time for the next few weeks... And with the ADR We can polish that off in a few hours i reckon theres really not that much left.. !

anyways i gotta ring mike anyways :p ill ring him now lol

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    The plodding continues...

Another brief session of editing, and we've basically got the final fight scene down. There will need to be pickups, which should be in about six weeks' time, and shouldn't be much more than some panoramic shots of Lancelin scenery and some close shots for the final fight. But we're getting there. Sound recording? Hope to finish it on Friday...maybe...

12. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    It may be a hint of false dawn, but I think we just might be through the darkest time of the movie. That's the problem with the damn thing; every once so often I feel like dropping it--but then I take another look at the balcony scene, or the beach scene, or the cockpit scene, and I just fall for the film all over again...

Anyway, Shadow and I got together on Friday night and sat down to edit the 'Pyramid' scene. It's now done, and awaiting final ADR. I blew a good-looking take by glancing at the camera, but aside from that I think it should come out fine. Elliot and I also looked through the remainder of the movie, editing a couple of bits and pieces here and there. We also had another look at the balcony scene, with "Second Date" from Unbreakable mixed in towards its end...

Sheer bliss. Elliot and Sam look great. Their interaction is great, the lighting looks great, the ADR fits so beautifully...just magic.

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Ok, ADR this Friday coming right? 22nd of September?
    Here's the thing. I'm flying out of Perth up to Newman, then a 4 hour offroad drive out of Newman and I'll be there all week. This means I'll most definately be out of mobile phone range and hundreds of K's from any phone line. So yeah, no one will be able to contact me what so ever. I'll only have a Satphone on me and I would much prefer not to use it ;)

Anyhoo I'm only up there to shoot a couple of scenes for a client and I am HOPEFULLY flying back either Thursday night or Friday morning...seams more likely to be a Friday flight home. I'm going to be ABSOLUTELY knackered.
    So here's my request. [face_batting]
    If we are doing ADR on Friday night, could I be megga selfish and ask that I can get all my lines done first...before I get over tired and I'm unable to 'perform'? The other thing is that I'm flying out to Kalgoolie then to Uluru pretty much the week after, so if I can't get all my scenes down then it'll be quite a wait, because I'll be out of perth for another 3 weeks of shooting.
    Also, if there are any details I should know about the night or anything I need to do before Friday PLEASE let me know ASAP.

Oh and Mike, I'll have quite a few cameras with me up there so I'll see if I can get some nice scenic shots for Knighthood if I can spare a momment. :D

Cheers guys.

14. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Sounds good to me. Darran hasn't (as I speak) confirmed that Friday's on, but assume it is until it isn't. And no worries getting your lines done first from my point of view. :) If Adrian's available, I *hope* his won't take too long or that we can put him in the No. 2 spot.

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I'm going away again for work on Sunday for 7 days, back in Perth for a couple of days then back out for another week...and it will probably be going on like that from now on. No I'm not working on a mine ;)
    So once I can some what confirm my calander I'll post it here so you and Darren can figure out when the hell to fit me in.

16. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    No worries! everyones a bit busy at the moment! im getting together with mike soonish! to nut some stuff out!

17. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Updatey goodness.

A couple of us are going to take a camera out for a spin in a couple of weekends, back to Lancelin and then the Perth Concert Hall, to do the pickups we've been talking about. Now that I'm up and running and safely married I plan to try and get the film done. There's something of a time pressure now, so everyone cross your fingers that we'll be able to do this before major life upheavals overtake us...

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    We're back.

Shadow and I took a drive out to Lancelin today, sporting a decent camera and a good tripod we picked up from the Good Guys. We did the first of the pickup shots that we've wanted to get done for the past few months--and the Lancelin beach where we shot the first footage, looks as good as ever. So now we've got enough footage for the 'introduction' to the world of Gallio, where a lot of the action takes place.

From there we headed down to the 'Pyramid', which is actually called the Allan Green Conservatory, for a further couple of pickup shots. I actually had been worried; I'd heard rumours the place was closed. And so it was. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your view of it, some kind god had closed the doors to the place ...
    But left the padlock open.

I was pretty spooked, even if we weren't doing a "28 Days Later" and blocking off the centre of London to do the shot. I can't say I've ever done guerrilla film-making before, but the rewards are apparent. The footage is in.

Tomorrow: a few more pickups at Perth Concert Hall, in costume for Shadow and myself. I've shaved my head down again, and it'll be quite a nostalgic moment when I pick up the saber again, close to three years after we shot the footage ... but I can't wait. Let's hope the predicted rain holds off for the seven or so pickup shots that we need.

I've also talked over the issues of editing and CG with Shadow, and I'm feeling pretty confident that we will actually get finished. The hologram effects, which had been my worst worry, are apparently going to be easier than I thought. The edit is actually pretty close to done as well; these pickups should put the final physical touches on the show, and then we can get down to completing ADR, sound, and CGI additions. As for CGI: we're in talks with a guy from the fanfilms boards to do the job, and there's another chap who I haven't got back to yet who has also expressed some interest. So right at this moment things are looking up. I think I believe in the resurrection again.

:D

19. Tarryn_Whiteheart

Tarryn_Whiteheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    If you need any help, I am available at various times. Camera wise, I have a Panasonic 3CCD NV-GS400 which is pretty good. I can also use 3d Studio Max, and various edit suites.

I just want you guys to get it finished ;)

Andrew

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, we almost got all of the pickups done, but there's about three left which will take about thirty minutes or so. Unfortunately the rain didn't quite hold off long enough, but we've got most of it done. Possibly next Saturday I might be able to get the rest of it finished -- but I'm happy with what we've done so far. Anyhow, I'll keep checking in as different stages get done.

:D

21. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'm glad to hear everything's coming together Saint! :) Sorry I couldn't be there to help out, but never fear, that little piece I've been working on is still waiting in the wings...

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Speaking of little pieces, Shadow has been contemplating CGing in a couple of blood spots on the 'lens' during that fight scene when he whacks you across the jaw with his fist ... :D

23. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
  24. Naurm

Naurm Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    Hey, I've been following production on this for a couple of years and the fact that there have been no updates in a while makes me hope that it's because you guys are hard at work on this. This is just one of the fanfilms I've been looking forward to for ages because the acting and story really caught my eye. Not to mention the little featurette you guys made a while back just got me pumped for the release because of other things I got to see like choreography and more examples of the acting.

Mainly this post is just to encourage you who are working on this to know that their are people besides yourself eager for the day when this is finished and released.

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I'm very happy to hear there are still people out there watching for this!

Work is still proceeding ... it's just taking time because we're all pretty much tied down to jobs. I hope to have a more substantial update over the next week. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.