1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th June)

Oz Comic Con: Sydney (10th-11th September), Brisbane (17th-18th September)

FF:WA Official Fan Film Production Thread: "Knighthood"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~teleute/Knighthood/Photos/Cast/Michael2.JPG]

I'm just glad that we essentially now have two days off in a row because filming isn't until 6pm tomorrow night. Mmm sleep. Much fun.
  2. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Remind me never to make a fanfilm again...

Ah it's been an awsome week. Sunday shooting absolutely sucked (althugh we got good footage). Mike got burnt to the ****house and I pretty much fainted from illness...very uncomfortable. However, Monday kicked ass...I havn't even told anyone but I have started doing tests with the green screen compositing and Saint...you're gonna bust ya nut when you see how well our screen worked :)

The cave/dream sequence was probably some of the best fun I've had in the few days of shooting...a relaxing environment, awsome cave that me and Sam had a good time in (no not what you're thinking ya bastards) and bet of all...its was a cold day :)

All up I must say BOOYEAH! Me and Kaustin are carving up with our very documented video journal and I can't wait for that to be finished in a month or so...

Take it easy :)
  3. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I may be jumping the gun here but when it's all done, will there be a big premier screening? :)
  4. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes. We are looking at doing a screening somewhere when it's all finished. That and a release on the 'net somewhere. Or something...

Today was great. No filming until 6pm, a gorgeous view of the city and a very short shoot. But the shots that were taken are, once again, brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing all our handiwork finished. But there's an early start tomorrow, so that's it from me.

Five down, six to go.
  5. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    ARGH tick infections to the ****house!
    Can't be bolloxed doing a full report here but what a harsh day of film making. However, we got some kick ass duel shots :)
  6. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I know I missed a days update... But I can't remember, so if you want to know what happened you'll have to check the website in my sig.

But yesterday. My god. Nature threatened us with rain and when that didn't work she threw mozzies, march flies and ticks at us! Monster ticks. That just wouldn't die and kept coming back for more. I think the highest tick count on one person was 12, the lowest was 1. And these are the ones that were attached at the end of the day.

But other than the ticks, yesterday was fantastic. It was our biggest shoot because of the people involved. And also our biggest choreographed fight. And it was fantastic to see the fight with everyone costumed. Brilliant!

I believe we are now up to seven down, four to go.
  7. Saintheart Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I vote we change the name of the production team to Ticked Off Productions.

Obvious in hindsight, really--we were shooting out on the 10th Light Horse Heritage Trail. What can you expect from a place where horses were stabled for several decades?

But I'm still very pleased with how it all went. I admit the stress factor was starting to kick in around 12:00 and we'd got master shots of the biggest fight down only, but the work that Adrian, Darran and Dan did in the afternoon was nothing short of superb.

And once again--I think people will be wondering how we did the floating lightsaber. Let's just say your eyes can--and will--deceive you when you see this show. :)
  8. Saintheart Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Another back-to-back period of shooting completed...rhis time our locations were the House of Pain (Perth Concert Hall exterior), the House of Joy (Perth Concert Hall interior), and Lancelin. The first of these locations was made much more interesting by the fact that we were shooting during working hours. As a result the numbers of passers-by were increased, although nobody seemed to have the gumption to come up and ask us what we were doing. I suppose there is something mildly intimidating about wandering around in long brown robes with orange meter-lengths of electrical duct hanging out of silvery tubes. It was, once more, a somewhat frustrating shoot from one or two angles by reason of things that got into shot which weren't supposed to...but editing should be able to get around these dramas. Injury count has risen by one given Shadow_of_Evil was coming up for a knee to my guts but caught the hard, bony bit of my own (moving) knee instead. I was fine. He wasn't, which I felt pretty bad about...I think he's forgiven me for now ;)

The payoff for this hot, gruelling afternoon was an evening within the Hall. It's nice to finally get to shoot on a location that to some extent matches the scale of the Jedi Temple, and I think everyone was pleased with the space we had to work in.

Then, next morning, up at 6:30 a.m. for a drive up past Tick Central to Lancelin. Drive was relatively uneventful apart from one very surprised crow...well, you'll have to wait for the Behind-the-Scenes doco for details, won't you? ;) ... anyway, with every day we seem to get better and better at getting shots down and done; there's an awareness of the camera growing amongst all of us. True that many of us fill many functions on this shoot, but that also means all of us are continuity and directors of photography to some extent...which has helped. Needless to say, we've been lucky once more with the weather and got all our conversations down.

And then there was blowing **** up.

But you'll have to wait for that as well.

Back to the dailies viewing location with beetroot faces on some of our people, but all (including yours truly) very satisfied with the shoot.

Which brings us to having two shoots left. Day off tomorrow. Hurrah!

:D :D
  9. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Ah the road trip. Best fun I've had for a while. Splatted crows on the windshield of a vehicle that had boith me and Kaustin in, must prove to be pure halarity. (ignore any spelling errors I just woke up).
    and we have the footage to show for it.
  10. Saintheart Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    One shoot remains. I think everyone's getting close to a point of exhaustion, though; understandable since we've basically spent the last two weeks doing virtually nothing but this film.

But it is still going well; the shoot on Friday at the Sheraton went off relatively well. My Other Half was convinced to join the Jedi Order (if only for a few hours) and we managed to achieve some nice effects with the lighting in the place. Standout achievement of the evening was increasing Adrian's age by a couple of decades for the camera; all of us were surprised, I think, by the effectiveness of talcum powder and eyeshadow pencil, especially in low light...and clouds of talc at sudden head movements make for good material for the Behind-the-Scenes documentary.

Today was supposedly a day off, but not for those of us working to get Darth_Soup and FaLLeN_AnGeL's room redesigned to become a Jedi's cell. The all-singing, all-dancing transforming set has become a false wall. And after tomorrow's shoot it will become firewood in a very nice little barbeque we've got planned.
  11. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It's all over!! Well, the filming side of it is anyway. And the BBQ was great. That set sure tastes good :D. We had one set which transformed into about 5 different things. Amazing.
  12. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I hate that set...pretty much broke my hand. My fault but still...bastard!

wohoo! filming is FINISHED! Not many fanfilms even make it to this point! Don't know how everyone else felt but it was an emotional evening (had nothing to do with the fact I was drinking guinness) and it was very sad to realise the MANY months of work and preperation has come to an end...but not the end of the film and it's pretty much now the beginning of my work.

Anyhoo, as one of the Fubar members here I wanna say cheers to everyone involved with this film and boo-yeah! Let's hope for a nice April/May 2005 release to go along with ROTS!
  13. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :_| I love you man!

Nah, it was a bit emotional. These are people that we had been working with for over a year, some of them came in at a later date, and we don't know how often we'll see each other now. It's been a bit of a tough journey in some parts, but it was fun while it lasted...
  14. Aztek Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats to you all guys, I'm sure all your hard work will pay off with a great looking film.
  15. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
  16. Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey Everyone!

Just an update on how "Knighthood" is going! at the moment we are into editing and its looking great!

We are also making a trailer which is nearly finished! Just need to add a little more visual effects, but it exceeds all of my expectations! Im hoping we will have it finished in the next couple of days, to get the cast/crew over to see it! Thanks to Shadow for working on it all day today!

Editings a bit of a slow process as all of us have rather demanding jobs! but me and SaintHeart are spending a night a week on it!
    Im hoping to have the editing done by christmas to hand over the Shadow to complete the SFX then back to me for sound/DVD authoring!

Anyways keep on checking the Knighthood Website http://www.knighthood.co.nr for Updates!

Will post when trailer goes online!

Thanks
  17. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds cool. I'm looking forward to checking it out since I don't know anything about the story.
  18. Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey,

Soneil! if you dont know anything about it check out the website! it has a small synopsis on there :)

19. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You suggesting spoilers? Never! Surprise me. :)
    Since I wasn't available when you guys were working on it during the holidays, I can be your test viewer who knows nothing about it!
  20. Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling

star 3
    hahah We have had a few people as if they can be the test viewer! :) But I think we will just wait until we actually show it!...

The Teaser though should be out this weekend depending on if elliot finishes it off...

No spoilers at all :p
  21. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Umm... The webpage hasn't been updated for a while because I haven't been involved in the editing process. Darran and Michael, you both know how to add stuff to the news section, please feel free to do so. I can't do it because I don't know what's going on...

If you've forgotten how or something, please let me know and I'll configure it for you.
  22. Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling

star 3
    HEy,

Well! nearly everyone got to see the First "Knighthood" teaser trailer, and by the looks on peoples faces and the amount of times we all watched it! looks like its a winner! hehe

Im hoping to have it online sometime this week... Will post when I have more details!

Yay!

Darran
  23. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The following is a post from my journal that I wrote when we got home from watching the trailer:

We watched the trailer for Knighthood today... Wow! I can't believe that's what we worked on for so damn long! I mean, I was there for every day of filming, and almost every day of rehearsals. I have read the script so many times, made all the changes needed for it, made sure that everyone had the right version of it handy. I've seen every scene either acted out in front of me or through watching the dailies. I know everything that happens in this film...

It wasn't until watching the trailer that I really realised how much I am looking forward to it being complete so that the rest of the world can share in what we have created. I'm really proud of the work we have done so far. I'm amazed at the work that Kaustin, SoE and Saintheart have put into the editing process so far. Congratulations guys, it looks f***ing fantastic! I can't wait for the trailer to be online so that everyone else can see it. Watch out guys, it's coming.
  24. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
  25. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Shh!!! [face_shhh] You're not supposed to have seen it yet! Damn you and your insider! :D :p

Seriously though, I'm glad you enjoyed it. <insert thumbs-up smiley here - how come there isn't one of these?>

Just curious, how much do you know about Knighthood, considering you live with one of the cast members?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.