***OFFICIAL Fan Force Meeting: August 31st, 2002***

Discussion in 'Oregon FanForce' started by ImperialJedi, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    After much discussion with JediWookie we have planned our 3rd Portland meeting. This meeting will make us an official fan force.

August 31, 2002 12:00PM
    Flying Pie Pizzeria

7804 SE Stark St.
    Portland, OR 97215

Please bring money to pay for your lunch. We will be discussing who will be City Rep, our Fan Force theme and name, future meetings, and Star Wars in general. This is a casual meeting of friends (meaning no need to dress up).

IF Attack of the Clones is still playing in theatres at this time, those who wish to view it will head to a nearby theatre and watch it around 3-4pm depending on theatre times. It will be announced here beforehand along with ticket prices.

We encourage those from the Salem area to attend for the 4th meeting may be in Salem. We are looking to have a great time.

Please post comments or suggestions here.

Thanx and MTFBWY. :D

-ImperialJedi
  2. CountBakufu Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alright! Good deal...I'll be there!
  3. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Yay! Anyone else coming? :D

-IJedi
  4. jimsidious Jedi Knight

star 2
    If I dont have to work I'll be their dudes,I'll try to bring my friend Darthstove with me.I would like to see the fan force salem get brought up as well,that would be cool if we could get one as well.
  5. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes, feel free to bring friends even if they don't come to the JCC. That's how we got JediWookie in fact.

-IJedi
  6. Raiden Jedi Knight

star 1
    Me go?!
    (Raiden clicks on random links at mapquest...)
  7. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Obviously I will be there, hehe. JediWookie and I can always make time ;)

When I'm in college it'll be a bit more difficult but I do not think there will be any problems. I can drive back to Portland very easily and will probably do so anyway 1-2 times per month...
  8. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have posted your meeting on the main page at FanForce as well as the Northwest and Pacific Region Main pages. I will post a reminder when it gets closer to the actual date of your meeting.
  9. QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey all. My name is Mark Twitchell. I am currently art of the Quad City Jedi Order, a fanforce chapter just as young as yours in the Midwest on the Iowa/Illinois border.
    I'm a proffessional costumer and radio cat who will be moving to your fair city in a little while. I look forward to becoming a part of the fan force there and most importantly making movies. Yummy.
  10. Mittys_Kitty Jedi Padawan

Welcome QCPsychoJedi! :D

EDIT: Oops, did I give myself away?
  11. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Let's try again...

Welcome QCPsychoJedi! :D

-IJedi
  12. Raiden Jedi Knight

star 1
    can't go, annoying kaplan testy... agh...
  13. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have reposted the meeting information on the main page, and in the Northwest section of Fan Force.

You can find the post here:

FanForce Main Page

Please read it over, if you would like me to make any changes whatsoever, please PM me with the changes.
  14. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    It was nice to meet you all there, Can't talk much I gotta go to work.
    -Heather
  15. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So did you decide on a name for your chapter, and did you elect a city rep?
  16. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I would have posted sooner, but I couldn't log in because tf.n wasn't tracking my cookies. I learned how to fix that today.

Today's meeting was great! There were five fan force members who met, ate, and talked. Well, I didn't talk that much, but that was fine with me. I prefer to listen. Those who attended were: CountBakufu, DARTH_ANN, ImperialJedi, Bowen, and JediWookie.

We decided on having a co-rep: Bowen and JediWookie. If we MUST have only one than peg the title on Bowen. He has more chance of not missing a meeting that JediWookie, though usually they are both planning and going to meetings together anyway.

We also tossed about ideas for the next meeting. We considered a meeting in September, but since many are starting school a meeting in October seems more likely. One of the Saturdays. As for what to do there wasn't any idea yet, but suggestions are welcome.

We also discussed concerns from Salem about having a fan force of their own, but that seems silly seeing how close Portland and Salem are. We'd end up with a fan force with every city in the valley; Eugene, Corvallis, etc. I think the solution would be have a Willamette Valley fan force. We did not decide a name for it needed to be tossed around a bit with the online members who were not at the meeting. If we just had a Oregon fan force it would seem to broad, cause the Willamette will be the home base.

Anything I missed or needs to be discussed in more detail can be covered by the others.

-IJedi
  17. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ^Bowen will get the title of City Rep and get access to the Administration boards, but JediWookie can still get the title of Co-City Rep under his name.
  18. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    Just a thought I?d like to throw out is maybe we could have some sort of Halloween outing. Then we could have an excuse to be in costume (not that we need one), and it?d only be a week or two after we were thinking.

Thoughts?
  19. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Heya peeps, I guess I came a little bit late for this but hey, I'm from down in Salem and I think either Salem needs to get a Chapter goin or we need to merge with the Portland one to make a "Portland/Metro area" chapter, because us star wars fans arn't very organized here in oregon... I mean seriuosly, don't you Oregonians wish there was a big SW Convention here in Oregon or somethin? or mb im just dreamin, anyways, gl with the portland fanforce chapter!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.