main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official "Fantastic Four" Reboot(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Moviefan2k4, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    ‘Fantastic Four’: Toby Kebbell Says There’s a Great, “Darker” Cut We’ll Never See

Before the film was released, I bought into this darker version of the Fant4stic. Too bad things fell apart.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  2. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Yeah, it could have at least been interesting, even if not faithful to the source. Now it's neither.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Miles Teller arrested for public intoxication. Looks like he might be...doing a stretch.

:cool:

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Fox does do alternate / director's cuts. Depends if they think there's enough $ to be made by releasing it.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Rumours Of A New Fantastic Four Movie From Fox. You Know, For Kids.

[​IMG]

This sounds like a horrible idea, but watch it come to fruition and be the best live action F4 film.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    WB execs: We're a little worried about these future DC fil-

FOX: Hold my beer *vomits*

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The writer certainly has the talent to make this something.

8. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    This could easily have been tied into the two first movies if Johnny Storm wasn't simultaneously Captain America.

Juliet316 and CT1138 like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Noah Hawley (Fargo, Legion):Because I’m at Comic-Con. I wanted to let you know about a movie I’m developing for Fox. The first word is ‘Doctor.’ And the second is ‘Doom.'

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh no... Please just give the rights back to Marvel. At least we know they'll give us the Doctor Doom we want.

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Hawley is very talented. It might actually be good.

tom likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, Hawley immediately gets me interested in this given what he did with Legion, something I didn't think was necessarily possible with that particular character.

Plus, we also know -- while he's visually inventive -- he also gives no ***** about making superhero power battles actually power-y.

BigAl6ft6 and soitscometothis like this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

because they handle villains so well

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, Fox is already 0/2 with Doom. You think third time's gonna be the charm?

True Sith and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Look how good their villains have been this year. Ego and Vulture were fantastic. They've started adding a lot more depth to their villains and it's working wonderfully.

17. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Ego was fantastic?

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Hell yeah! He's my favourite MCU villain after Winter Solider.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oooookay, Noah Hawley doing Doctor Doom and freakin' Dan Stevens (who plays David in Legion) suddenly makes me incredibly okay that Fox is seemingly holding onto the rights in an eternal death grip.

Hawley, people! And Doctor Doom! The sheer dark and evil weirdness seeping from every frame. Probably won't make a lot of lunchboxes but hot damn!

I think Fox's recent success with Logan and Deadpool may have let them just go "Okay, hand over the comic book properties to auteurs and let them go at it" instead of being all cinematic universe-y. I kinda doubt Marvel would let Hawley go all crazy on it like Fox which would be smart enough to just shrug and say "Doctor Doom. Here's a dumptruck of money. go!"

EDIT: Insert mandatory "RICHHARRDSSSSSSSSS!!!" here

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I have mixed emotions about the announced Dr. Doom film because it does mean that Fox will be holding onto the rights of the Fantastic Four and the characters tied-in thereto. Thus, no homecoming for the F4 to the MCU. However, Noah Hawley's work on Legion was fantastic! (pun intended) Legion was great visuals, well fleshed out characters and excellent world building; so weird and bizarre that it's what I wanted and expected from the Doctor Strange film.

I heard a report when Noah Hawley "announced" the Doctor Doom film, he actually didn't say specifically he's working on a Doctor Doom film, but rather he was asked what else was he working on and replied, IIRC "Two words... Doctor... Doom..." Of course, the leads to a logical conclusion that he would be a making a Doctor Doom solo film, but what if it isn't a solo film. What if it's a Fantastic Four film with Dr. Doom as the villain again? But, if it is a Doctor Doom solo film, I'd be looking forward to it because he is one of the most revered villains in the Marvel universe and the cinematic versions has yet to get the character justice. A solo film would definitely give Doctor Doom the room to be developed properly and his origins won't be tied in with the Fantastic Four, which Fox continually wants to do. And a Doom film would be accepted more than a film featuring Sue and Reed's kids.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I thought they confirmed it was a Doctor Doom film?

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I did a quick Google search and I did not find an official announcement from Fox studio, just Noah Hawley announcement at the end of the Legion panel:

http://www.cbr.com/doctor-doom-save-fox-fantastic-four/

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Update on Doom

NOAH HAWLEY SAYS DOCTOR DOOM FILM WILL BE A “POLITICAL THRILLER”

But at this point, no one should really get their hopes up for a Hawley's Doom movie as Collider reported in January

And for some fancasting for the inevitable reboot of The Fantastic Four...
    [​IMG]

ScreenRant Exclusive: John Krasinski Wants To Play Mr. Fantastic
    Now, normally I don't pay any attention to fancasting, but this is one I really want to happen. Marvel has been after Emily Blunt a couple of times to be in the MCU and Krasinski was almost Captain America, so I feel it's in their destiny to be part of the MCU. Moreover, they're the right age for the Reed and Sue to be in my imagine F4 in the MCU. I imagine Reed to be around the same age as Tony Stark.

heels1785 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If the deal goes through the 1st movie out of the gate should be Hawley's Doom flick to introduce FF again and work their history into the MCU world.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Ya know, that's a great idea. I've always disliked that the Fantastic Four films have incorporated Doom's origin with the F4. Having Doom be introduced into the MCU with a solo film as oppose to a supporting character in a F4 film is music to my ears as many feel Doom is the best villain Marvel has in its stable. And as such, he deserves to have his own film and it will certainly help with the so-called "The MCU lack of good villains" problem.

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Lok like this.