main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official "Fantastic Four" Reboot(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Moviefan2k4, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I wonder what made them change their mind though, reaction to the cast?

2. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Reality probably seeped in. While Fox were thinking of how they could give a bigger middle finger to Marvel studios, the quiet guy at the back of the boardroom who had been ignored the entire time started giving them statistics that supports the notion that its destined to flop, and flop hard.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Wasn't Mark Miller a consultant on all Fox projects? Or was that just X-Men? If he was on F4, jeeze...

4. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wo-ow. That's a no win situation for Fox if they recast the Torch after announcing he's being played by a black guy.

But casting controversies aside, I'd be upset to see Trank ejected- I genuinely wanted to see what he'd come up with after Chronicle handled its characters so well.

6. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Trank just deleted his twitter.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that's...bad.

EDIT- Trank deleted it a week or two ago when casting was still active, I don't think it's related if this is just going down in the past day or so.

8. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Other tweeters are saying its not true by sources close to the studio, but they would say that wouldn't they.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    BC added: "Bleeding Cool suggests that if Fox really would like to stomp on the rumour, they stop approaching folk to replace the director."

Doesn't sound good.

10. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    I think it's done like dinner. Pretty much every rumour about this film was denied and then made to be true.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, I have a theory. This is truly tin-foil hat stuff, no basis, but still could explain this.

Let's say, Fox was carrying on with a Fantastic Four reboot as they were doing and that line of the business was going forward, with Josh Trank, getting an Oscar-nominated actor through friendship-nepotism with the directory, everything's good.

Let's also say that the other side of the business, the one that heard from Kevin Feige and Joss Whedon that they'd be willing to entertain the notion of some level of involvement for a 2018 Avengers film, featuring The Infinity Gauntlet storyline, as far back as 2013, along with Daredevil and other Fox properties had been working on something totally secret along those lines, lining up all of the ducks in a row, without interference from the other side...

Then let's imagine what would happen if the two streams then crossed ("don't cross the streams, Ray...") and one side realized that the other side was rebooting "youngster FF" into potentially a crossover with adult-aged men and women...

Might get some things reconsidered?

12. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    [​IMG]

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, that terrible Justice League movie was stopped before it went too far. Killing it now would be the wisest move. I think they floated Jordan and thought it would work. Then the plot synopsis leaked and fans went nuts. Then the cast is revealed and fans start to put two and two together and suddenly a black human torch is the very least of their worries.

Also, isn't Jordan rumored for Episode 7? If there is any truth to that perhaps it has affected his involvement in this movie. But hopefully fox has realized they have a dud. They would be better off to dump FF and put Deadpool in its place. The X franchise alone can be milked for years. They really do not need Fantastic Four. They should sell it back to Marvel and focus on X-Men.

14. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    If we ask Fox for a Deadpool movie, they'll respond by giving us a Wolverine movie and having a 2 minute Deadpool cameo played by Shia Labeouf, which will ultimately get cut out of the film to make room for more Wolverine scenes.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I said it was a tin-foil hat thing! It's not like I'm asking for Kate Beckinsale...

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  16. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    People keep watching the Wolverine movies. You can't blame Fox for catering to demand.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The last Wolverine movie was pretty good. It was also the first Wolverine movie right? No abomination about his origins exists?

18. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    There's been a huge demand for a Deadpool movie for years now, with Reynolds eager to reprise the role and do it justice this time, but they lack the balls Marvel has. Marvels doing Guardian of the Galaxy for crying out loud

19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Not that I've heard, dp4m.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I take it that the studio's insistence on centring the plots of all the other X-films (except First Class) around Wolverine is also based on his popularity. So there is that. You know they must have focus-grouped that ****.

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

It still exists. "Days Of Future Past" alludes to it. But they were never planning to pick up directly from "Origins", even before the film came out.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well this wouldn't be the first FF film to be cancelled completely.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Just like every Marvel comics title in the 90's [face_mischief]

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Nowadays, everyone's an Avenger or an X-Man.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IF, the rumors are true and Fox can't get this off the ground and they let the rights go back to Marvel (I don't see that happening), I would hope that Marvel's attempt would actually forgo the origin.

I don't think we need it. They could seriously give us the origin in some sort of quick media recap. Since the FF are famous, it's easy for some fake news/entertainment program to briefly fill in the audience about the FF and breeze right past it. Then we could actually get something new and hopefully get some new villains who are maybe pawns of Doom or something. That would be far more entertaining. My biggest complaint about Amazing Spidey was having to sit through the origin again. Much as I love Martin Sheen, he didn't even get to say the line. So it really was a waste of time. That movie could easily have started at the young Peter stuff and then go straight to Ben's funeral and a few quick flashbacks about how he got bit would be enough for the audience. Would have given a lot more time for Connors and the Oscorp stuff. Sure we'd lose some of the bullying and Gwen stuff, but I'm not sure that's a terrible loss.