main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official "Fantastic Four" Reboot(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Moviefan2k4, Feb 20, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, I wonder if there's a point where this ceases to resemble the FF to such a degree that Marvel could make the legal case that Fox has, in fact, not made a FF movie within the contractually required timeframe and that the rights have, in fact, reverted to them as a result? ;)

Darth_Invidious, FRAGWAGON and Mr44 like this.
  2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    To you and the fifteen-year-old version of myself that got into comics reading the FF, I'm afraid to say so.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    This is truly horror beyond the 4th dimension then.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

[​IMG]

i do believe this movie could possibly be so atrocious that it would make michael bay's transformers franchise look like a demille production.

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I do feel it could be a good movie. Just an absolutely TERRIBLE Fantastic Four movie. The characters and plot could work very well, they will just be in no way resembling anything from the comics.

6. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    [​IMG]

Darth-Lando, Six, Yodaminch and 2 others like this.
  7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I mean if you went in with no knowledge of the Fantastic Four or it being a Fantastic Four movie it could be good in that all the characters work in the universe they are set in. That is a possibility, a very small one, but possible.

It however has a 0% chance of being even a decent Fantastic Four movie

8. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I think it has about a 0% chance of being a decent movie overall

9. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    They are still making Transformer movies...

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I will say, with Trank involved, there actually is a good chance of this being a decent movie- Chronicle was a very good superhero film. However, yes, this seems like an embarrassingly bad FF film.

Contrasted to the Bayformers films which are neither good movies nor good Transformers films (it's difficult to even say they are good Michael Bay films).

DarthMane2 likes this.
  11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Maybe they've decided they can't top the best superheroe movies, so they've gone in the opposite direction: essentially make the Showgirls of superhero movies.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    New Doom image revealed.
    [​IMG]

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

The difference is that "Transformers" has evolved over the years into various incarnations, whereas "Fantastic Four" has remained relatively the same. You know what'd be funny is if this makes Fox a ton of money.

14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    If it does, I'm done with superheroes forever.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I've read it. It sounds like someone pieced together what we know to make it work. But sadly, it very well could be true. It explains the Doom stuff and the early rumored plot points that were debunked. Still, it beats the reality show rumor. Still not seeing this piece of garbage though.

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I had to stop and compose myself after the first sentence. This sounds so hilariously bad. If this synopsis is true, this movie will fail. Period. In a way this is a good thing because the value of the FF will plummet and Fox will sell. I now feel confident that a Fantastic Four movie will help launch Phase 4 of the MCU now.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I'd say Phase 4 is being overtly generous. I think that if Marvel got the rights back, they'd put the franchise on ice because a third reboot in a twenty year span would be too much for people.

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Maybe for awhile they would, but Marvel has class. They've done a really good job matching directors and projects. I refuse to believe that Stan Lee would ice some of his most iconic characters.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Lee himself doesn't have much say. He's mostly a producer in name only. Feige is the man running the show and he could have something come up, but it is the audience that's at issue. How are they going to react? Following "Spider-Man 3", we had "The Amazing Spider-Man" which was met with all kinds of criticism about it being too soon and redundant. Will the same happen with the FF?

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Those are valid points, but my point is that Marvel has shown a lot of respect for both the characters and the audience. I agree that if this movie bombs and Marvel is able to re-acquire the film rights to the Fantastic Four, they will probably want some breathing space to figure out what to do, especially considering that they have a pretty full slate for the next three or four years, but they won't just put the Fantastic Four on a shelf. They will do something eventually. even if its not right away.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I didn't say it wouldn't ever happen. Just not for a while.

24. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    C'mon now, you can't really count the '05 movie as a reboot. Most people don't even know the Roger Corman movie exists, let alone seen it. And considering we're talking about 2019+ it would be two reboots in 15 years. No different than Batman or Spider-Man (Yeah, it's coming. Don't be surprised when it happens)

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, no I wasn't counting the Corman film. But what I meant was that this would be another attempt at telling the story that's already told. Audience reaction to another Batman film has yet to be determined since "Dawn Of Justice" won't be out for another few months. We'll see how reactions go by then. But Spidey was given a lot of flack for going back to the origin again.