main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official "Fantastic Four" Reboot(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Moviefan2k4, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I disagree. First, this film has yet to be called Fantastic Four. There are indications it may not even be called that. Second, this film is coming out in a month where most films go to die (August). Most people will barely remember this steaming turd by the time Marvel gets it back. And because the brand is damaged, I would expect nothing less than a reliable director, strong cast and smart script to springboard the First Family out there. I would hope they forget the origin entirely and just give us the FF as celebrities and heroes from the start. Perhaps pull a Black Panther and put members of the FF in earlier stories to build things up. And, if by some miracle Marvel pries the rights out of Fox's hands before Infinity part 2, I could definitely see something happen there if only to get Silver Surfer into the mix.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, Marvel did get people to accept a third Hulk within the last decade and accept him pretty well.

3. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    That's because the 3rd Hulk was the 1st one that was actually in a good movie. :D

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    One that didn't have his name in the title and was still a sequel to the solo film. BTW, where's the sequel to that film? Nowhere, that's where.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    But perhaps it's a good template for rehabbing characters wrecked by other studios so that perhaps someday audiences will want to see them in their own films again.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If Marvel continue to foster goodwill, and get the rights back, they'll make a FF film when they want and it will make a ton of cash.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    So that supposed synopsis was basically a slightly tweaked take on the first arc of Ultimate Fantastic Four. I could see them going that way, yes. The comic version worked, goat legs and all.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Ok, I don't care what Marvel spins this as, look at these panels and judge for yourself: http://www.newsarama.com/22842-did-marvel-comics-blow-up-the-fantastic-four-reboot-cast.html

Also, plot synopsis:

9. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Pleasebebad pleasebebad pleasebebad

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

And apparently, he's probably completely torpedoed the movie too.

12. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
  13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    None of this gossip is verified, though. The changes that Trank has made to the Fantastic Four characters has earned him a lot of ire from fanboys, so I really think we have to take on board the idea that these things may be just smears. I just have difficulty believing that Trank could be so stupid to screw up his big break in this fashion - making a movie that doesn't really work or that is wildly over budget I could see happening, but self sabotaging himself with drugs and property damage... I'm struggling to believe that.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Devils advocate here, but why do people think marvel will have any more joy with a fantastic four movie?

15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    ^I suspect people are more interested in how it would free up the peripheral characters so they could appear in other Marvel movies, eg. Doctor Doom, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, the Skrulls etc.

Darth Punk likes this.
  16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    As in the marvel in space type films - I see.

Also came into this thread not reading (as per). Just caught up with all the Josh Trank rumours.

He sounds fun

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    But that's what happens with drugs and addiction, you self-sabotage. We will see, I suppose.

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Because pretty much anything Marvel touches turns to gold. Guardians of the Galaxy is a good example.

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Clearly, Trank was actually working for Marvel, and all this time he's been smoking harmless tobacco!

[​IMG]

20. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Trank just directed the movie. He didn't write it or make changes to the characters. Way it sounds to me, if rumors true, he was only doing the sensible thing by doing what he could to stay $&@?ed up so as to be able to handle Fox stupidity.

Could be just fox playing the early blame game. The story is already told. F4, good or bad, returns to Marvel next year.

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

I've been monitoring these rumors for weeks now and beyond those sources, nothing else has come of it. So, for now, I take it with a huge grain of salt. That said, these allegations have been around for some time now and no one has debunked them. The fact that Fox and Josh Trank have been silent does not help. Much like anything else, the more you remain silent, the more people wonder if the truth isn't hidden within the rumors.

I think the true test will be Kingsmen. The best chance for a teaser to come out lies with this film. If they still can't have a teaser out by February, then I seriously question seeing this film in August when there is no poster, logo, officially confirmed cast even and no signs of any merchandising whatsoever. Meanwhile, Ant-Man has all the above and is coming out in July when FF finished shooting before and was originally scheduled to be released earlier. It definitely feels like something is up. Even when First Class was running way behind the other comic films coming out at the time, they still managed to release cast and set photos. Here, all we have are two set leaks. Anything could happen, but if we don't hear something soon, this will be the least promoted comic book movie since Elektra.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Even if none of this turns out to be even remotely true, it's just more bad press for a film that has already had more than its share.

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    If you need official clarification that every rumour is true or untrue, I'm not sure you're going to get much satisfaction out of your day-to-day life. Furthermore, most of the "bad press" has been "reporting" on rumours and gossip.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Not sure what you're getting at w/your first point, but the latter still reinforces and feeds the idea that this project is a train wreck IMO--even if it isn't--and that perception could very well help to sink it. That's all I'm saying.

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

All I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't read too much into unsubstantiated rumour. And you do raise a fair point about perception, but again, rumour and hearsay can be trumped by quality marketing. Again, time will tell.

Juke Skywalker likes this.